Make death runes more common

Player avatar

zacattak Send PM

subscriber

Why not just add runecrafting as another skill. Runes get cheaper and skillers get another skill to make them happy. win win. lol

In turn the rune essence would be the expensive items and rune's themselves would drop in price across the board.. People would still make money and Pkers would be happy with cheaper runes and more access to them.

It also doesn't help that since there is no P2P PK all the f2P items are more expensive and P2P items are dirt cheap. bloods are like 200 or less Deaths are 250+ in AH, Sharks are like 250.. Swordfish are 400+.. the supply and demand of the market is sorta off kilter because not many people like P2P wildy..

Last edited by zacattak (15 Jan 2019 18:40)

Player avatar

Skin3 Send PM

Pegi said:

Synesthesic said:

To be clear, I have nothing against you at all, Skin3. All that I am saying is that we should not be so quick to alter other economies for the sole purpose of making PKing more accessible.

PKing is one feature of the game. There are numerous features of this game that are locked behind gates that involve huge time investments. To an extent, even levelling a character for the sole purpose of PKing takes a large investment of one's time.

I am not a PKer. I am a farmer/skiller. That being said, I have spent a lot of my time talking to very active PKers and I can certainly appreciate a PKer's point of view.

I come from the point of view that I want RSCR to be enjoyable to as many types of players as possible. However, we need to approach topics where new inclusions are being considered, very carefully. The playerbase of RSCR can, oftentimes, be delicate. As is the market.

That is, essentially, my point.

"i want RSCR to be enjoyable to as many types of players as possible", LMFAO! how on earth you think it's enjoyable for any PK'er in here when supplies cost like a fuck and on top of that, they're training those accounts for 15th time in a 10 years. then, what you get in return by spending those overpriced runes? an action, and even that is no guaranteed in here just because how hard it is been made for being a PK'er.

i don't know how anyone can be stupid as you, because you clearly do not understand how this game works in 2019. everything you say are complete BS and all you do is referring on your own way of playing this game, which CLEARLY isn't how majority of the players want to play this game in 2019 OR, do you think that current playerbase isn't CLEAR enough to prove that? how on earth you cannot see that? read this slowly: YOU - CANNOT - DEMAND - PEOPLE - TO - PLAY - AS - THE - WAY - YOU - SEE - BEING - THE - RIGHT - WAY, understood? there's 70 people playing just like you, that's minority and the majority, would be willing in a different way. there could be an easy fix to combine those playerbases without fucking up with the gameplay but no, you're supposed to click that pixelated water out of your valuable spare time in 2019, in order to play a videogame which is nearly 20 years old, in a private server while losing absolute fucking nothing by not doing so.

one more time: you're not in the position of telling people how to play, those who are playing or would be willing to play are the ones who make the demands and then, it's up to those people in charge whether they want to change things so more players would be willing to play. that's about that and any bitching about lack of the playerbase while being stuck on 2001 and medival way of playing this game is HYPOCRITE AS FUCK, just saying because at the same time you want more players, but at the same time you ain't willing to change anything so STICK to either one, whether you want more players or not, but don't fucking ask people to play in YOUR way and expect more people playing because it is not WORKING.

Beautiful. Thank you

Player avatar

Skin3 Send PM

zacattak said:

Why not just add runecrafting as another skill. Runes get cheaper and skillers get another skill to make them happy. win win. lol

In turn the rune essence would be the expensive items and rune's themselves would drop in price across the board.. People would still make money and Pkers would be happy with cheaper runes and more access to them.

It also doesn't help that since there is no P2P PK all the f2P items are more expensive and P2P items are dirt cheap. bloods are like 200 or less Deaths are 250+ in AH, Sharks are like 250.. Swordfish are 400+.. the supply and demand of the market is sorta off kilter because not many people like P2P wildy..

There is a reason why PKers prefer F2p pking. The battles with magic builds (flats, 90s) are very 3hit heavy and the wars last 5minutes. After a quick fight the wild is dead for hours.

I got enogh gear to PK but I see a lot of PKers struggling. It would be best for everyone to make pking gear more common. I mean the server already has tons of rare items and the price of those items will continue to go up. Forcefully changing the price of those items would shift the market... not something as common as death runes or rune armour. There already is hardened rune, trimmed armour and some type of armour I am not exactly aware of that is much more expensive than regular rune items. Rune armour and death runes is mainly used for pking. And if a new player really wants rune armour to start out he/she can probably get it just by asking people in edgeville. But if you are someone who is not good at pking but wants to PK, starting out is hard and being ganked and donating tens of rune sets is not fun. New players will give up trying real quick.

Solo Ironman made a great point, you use tons of runes while pking. And new players will be ganked and they will struggle to find a team. And if they do find a team, the forts bank loot will not be shared with them easily. They don t have enough chars to keep up with the pking and only using 1 char is not enough when you are being outnumbered. Keeping all the chars geared is hard. If someone tells you they are making tons of money by PKing they are probably not telling the truth.