2018 Year in Review

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Wow!  Another year has gone by already!  We would like to list some highlights from 2018 all in one post, for everyone to see.
I am sure that I have probably missed a lot of things.  The list is long!

We do know that there are still many things that our community wants changed, and we are doing our best to accommodate the majority.  We will continue in 2019 to work hard to get things done.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of our members for another successful year for RSCR.

Core

• In Game World Map
  • Two-Step Verification
  • Web Security - RSCRevolution now uses SSL
  • Fixed client sounds, should have all the authentic sounds now
  • The reason for players getting lag spikes when they get a kill has been found and patched
  • Friend list was rewritten for better speed upon login
  • Fixed bug within the function that requests missing npcs from server which caused major slowdown on login
  • Fixed performance issue with world map, no more fps drops!
  • Fixed clue scroll interface not displaying correctly
  • Client optimized,  HUGE increase in FPS
  • Client memory usage optimized, -250MB less memory usage
  • World map optimized, can now be used on all devices due to it's very good memory optimization
  • Apply censored words to team names
  • Apply censored words to client registration
  • Fixed team kicking
  • Changed market history to only show last 100 results to prevent client crash
  • Fixed party kicking
  • Fixed login verification email link
  • Optimized game-server, moved things out of main loop that don't need to be there
  • Allowing the main loop to do the work it's supposed to do without any delays
  • Fixed memory leak with NPCs keeping target players in memory after death/removal
  • Fixed memory leak with Survival event
  • Fixed npc un-registration to remove them properly
  • Implemented more measures to detect cheating

Wilderness

• Territory capture timer has been reduced to 1 minute
  • Territory Bank transfer has been reduced to 30 minutes
  • Black Demons under lava maze have been changed to Greater Demons
  • Fire Giants in Team Territory have been changed to Greater Demons
  • Thieving area in Team Territory was replaced with a Green Dragon
  • 3 Second delay timer for ranging has been removed
  • At PKer request, we removed a feature of RSC.  We disabled ranged auto follow.
  • Disabled kill feed from automated event areas
  • Colored PK Capes - available for 500 Skulled kills
  • Adjusted wilderness type indicator to be better aligned when godmage is live
  • Adjusted Red Dragon Island boundaries to be permanently p2p only within the gated area
  • Reduced the amount and walk radius of skeletons south of wildy castle, copying examples from rsc
  • 1 IP fixes: We have implemented more secure measures to prevent Multi while in a 1 IP zone
  • Fixed bug where you could use territory bank to access your personal bank, using the quick gear buttons
  • Loot from kills while in territory will now go directly into territory bank.  This will make fighting for the territory more appealing again
  • Edgeville Dungeon and Above the level 48 fence-line will be permanent P2P. Godmage will rotate in those areas. The rotation will be 1 day with God Mage and 2 days without God Mage.
  • F2P Wild permanent from level 1 to the level 48 fence-line. NOTE: Ranging Guild and Red Dragon Aisle will remain P2P areas
  • IP check for Team Fort is no longer blocking shared characters. Team Fort remains 1 character per IP limit
  • Fort timer has been changed back to 5 minutes before you are able to enter on a different character
  • East Wild has been changed. 1 IP has been removed and this zone is now 1v1
  • Effective immediately, no more than 2 characters per IP can attack a single target (range/mage/melee). Team Fort (1 IP) and East Wild (1v1) are the only exceptions, as they each are under their own restrictions.
  • You can no longer mage or range your own character in a 1v1 zone, in order to prevent being killed or attacked by another player
  • Bug fixed where you were able to catch your target in the wilderness before the wait time was over.

Bugs

• Fixed bank Deposit all-but one option not working for non-stackable items
  • Fixed clicking on Telekinetic Grab spell opening inventory tab
  • Fixed errors in Ranged and Smithing skill in-game guides
  • Black wizard robes now give correct bonus
  • Fixed combat level errors in Bestiary
  • Fixed bug where Winter Gloves did not give +2 armor
  • Fixed bug where high wildy permanent p2p area began slightly below the lvl-48 fence
  • Fixed Lava Maze dungeon to be permanently p2p
  • Added commas to price entering fields, to hopefully, help players avoid mistakes while typing prices
  • Fixed bug of ashes not showing up on the ground
  • Fixed party hats not showing up in Rares tab of the Auction House
  • Fixed issue with Falador teleport tablet taking incorrect number of water runes
  • Fixed issue with talking to auctioneer to create the new armor set boxes

QOL Updates

• Quick Gear Tabs added to banks
  • Jatix in Taverley now accepts any potions you don't need and gives empty vials back to you. He accepts noted vials too.
  • Teleport Tablets were added
  • Right click options to interact with an NPC have been added to: Shantay Pass Store, Fionella, Card Drivers, Gnome Pilots, Gundai, Jungle Bankers, Monks of Entrana, Customs Officials and Officers, Captain Barnaby, Captain Tobias and his Seamen, Thessalia, Varrock sword store, Frenita, Rommik and Dommik
  • Making golden bowls, soft clay, filling buckets with sand, making teleport tabs, sheep shearing is now batched
    Added "Trimmed", "Rares" and "Item sets" categories to the auction house;
  • Hiding bone ground items will now hide ashes as well
  • Batched Sheep Shearing
  • Batched filling buckets with sand
  • Batched teleport tablet creation
  • Added in-game skill guides for Prayer and Magic
  • Home teleport will no longer fail
  • Fionella store in Legends guild has been replicated
  • Crystal keys can now be made by clicking on key parts in any order
  • Can now mine gems with pickaxe equipped
  • Replicated Wydins grocery store dialogue
  • Updated the bone ground item hiding/showing settings to what players requested
  • The Private tab on the client will start blinking indefinitely until you send a PM or click on the tab. Hopefully less messages will go unanswered, at the moment, the tab will blink only for a few seconds. Login or logout messages will no longer trigger the blinking.

Revenant Wilderness Boss Returned

76ec4ff8761036a2196f9f8b680bf045.png
The Revenant roams around in the eastern 1v1 wilderness north of Varrock, so go well-geared and with friends.
He will run to eat and cast on you like a real PKer; he also has three prayers: (50% block range, mage, or melee).
He drops PK gear and other goodies. He only attacks people who have attacked him recently, and has perfect catching.

3 Successful Holiday Events

For Easter, Halloween & Christmas, we brought new events to RSCR. This included 2 entirely new and original Quests!

Easter
Easter Event
AvAJAbU.png

Halloween = Reaper's Refuge
Halloween
b9a84cc8983e67879a240ea73777df99.gif

Christmas = Ragnarok's Christmas
Christmas
7a8cdf9414b019d9a98d8aa9f6c54b50.png

Sauron - Christmas Boss
16c9375c9f936cce3032412e83590793.png

Sprites Overhaul

Throughout the year, Lucki and other Developers made many improvements to the look of our sprites, as well as created some completely new wearable items.

Updated Sprites
Anti Dragon Breath Shield
Dragon Square Shield
Dragon Medium Helmet
Dragon Sword
2 Handed Sword
Daggers
Short Sword
Scimitar
Amulets
Necklaces
Pickaxe
Elemental Staffs (Not yet pushed live)
Fixed boots and gloves as well so no more pixels peaking out,

Newly Created Sprites
Colored PK Capes
Armour Boxes to Sell gear as a complete set
Trimmed Robes / Hats
Guilded Armour
Black Bunny Ears
Witch's Broom
Skeleton Suit
Female Christmas Suit
Elf Suit (male and female)
Black Santa Suit and Hat (male and female)
Christmas Shields - white, red and green trimmed

New Dueling System

Interface has been completely remade for new rules to fit in.
Equipment rules; you can now choose one by one which equipment is allowed in your duel.
In turn, we have deleted the "No weapons" rule. Equipment rules are now replacing this option.
Hitpoint Offset is now displayed on the bottom of your stake containers. You can read more about Hitpoint Offsets here.

3 completely new rules!

No drinks. Enabling this rule will remove all effects from potions used before the duel.
No members items. This rule will forbid you from using any p2p items known from the original rscrevolution Classic.
No RSCR items. This rule will forbid you from using any custom RSCR items in the duel. This covers all the items that has never existed outside RSCRevolution

Acquired RSCLegacy and offered character Transfers

We acquired our old competitor, RSCLegacy. After the shutdown, some Legacy players migrated here.
We made the decision to allow players to transfer their RSCL Characters to RSCR!

Some Memorable Events and Additions from 2018

Automated Events
Kleio created and implemented 3 types of automated events, with a variety of character builds, 16 to be exact.

1v1  Tournaments for 8 or 16 participants
da2e2101526be91abf7c9a5792b8dd8e.png
Free For All & Hunger Games
f8b615a296401332387f6c39dd797b50.png
Wilderness Drop Party Area
6ce7b8a37d4c65ecd1a498196d50fe49.png

New Manual Event Areas
1v1 - 2v2 etc Tournaments Arena
aa74db1af97ba95978c3b9d45928f471.png
Boxing Arena
edf445de35fb1fe0e8055f12be8cbe47.png
Mod Wu's Gauntlet Arena
af45131dae368a8ea73991b7e8ca8a94.png
Laser Tag Arena
e8518ec97664f88c69fb6705f78f21d8.png
Newly Created area for PK Events ( This Arena will be made into something new!)
b292b7aef97d2e98b94225f781f0bd2e.png

April 7th - Mandatory PK

A mistake was made when using a command and whole server was summoned into a high level wilderness free for all event.

A total of 35 people died, everyone who died got the items lost added to their inventories, the people who managed to grab high value items got them removed from their inventories.

Everyone else who left their characters in the arena will find them appearing in Edgeville as they login.

I'm very sorry for the stress that this may have caused, I was in shock after typing the ::shuffle command, it shuffled things alright...

The only positive thing i can see out of this situation, is a pretty funny video of probably the biggest public screw up in RSCPS history.

@3:40

June 7th - Wilderness Drop Party

July - DeadMan Mode Season 2

DeadMan Season 2

Closing of rscrevolution RSC, August 6th

GoodBye rscrevolution RSC

RSCR's Celebration of RSC

Honoring rscrevolution RSC

We also honored rscrevolution RSC by implementing a "Veteran Mode" of game-play.  This allowed users to experience RSC in a more oldschool way, with no batching, and 1x xp rates.

August 8th - 100,000 Registered Characters!

RSCR 5 Year Anniversary

Happy Anniversary RSCR

Once again, thank you to everyone!
Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2019!
n0m, Kleio, Pepsi, Rah, Mel, Terror, Lucki, Dark, Vinkie, Scooby, Mason, Obi, and all Emeritus Staff Members!

Player avatar

The Machine Send PM

subscriber

Pk updates finally happening about fkin time there was some shit done for the pkers.

#Slayer2019

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

we did a thing

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

The Machine said:

Pk updates finally happening about fkin time there was some shit done for the pkers.

#Slayer2019

More  to come smile

Player avatar

Eric Send PM

subscriber

ty RSCR team. what a year.

#Slayer2019
#WhiterBoots
#LooserElfLegs

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

Eric said:

ty RSCR team. what a year.

#Slayer2019
#WhiterBoots
#LooserElfLegs

#whiterbootsriot2019
#loseweightandthelegswillbelooser

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Fah King Vet Send PM

#makecapescommon

Thanks fookers. Love ya. Happy new year.

Remove 1ip fort and 1vs1 zone make wildy 1 rule only. People at fort can bank in in 30secs but takes 5mins to bring new char if I ran outta casts. Lame.

Make so if theres any chars in PVP combat within the 1ip radius of the fort no1 can bank, and remove the 1ip rule. Make it so only one char per ip can farm, loot, or gain xp but can have multiple there.

Then people would use their low levels to train em up there. Causes more beef. Yahyahyah good stuff.

1vs1 zone lame. Pls remove. The prob is not u shoot ur char to stop other from atk. Its ur m8 shoots ur char so other cant attack. Pls remove. Just listen 2 fah.

The zoning creates more abuse than answers tbh.... you must see that by now..

Install the way my combat formula figures the damage on successful hits.. guaranteed happiness of players then you'll say hey let's try the whole thing. Then you'll say ffs why we w8 so long with the answers right in our faces being smooshed into your mouth so its sticking in your nostrils and coming out your ears.

Install change so only meleer +4 can attack same char per second. No reason for any more than 5vs1 ever kthx. Teams should not exceed 5 anyways and if they do. Learn to strategize. Thx u.

FIX THE ANDROID LOGIN BUG I DONT EVEN WANT 2 LOGIN GAME BCUZ OF IT AND I WOULD LITERALLY BE 10X MORE INCLINED TO LOGIN IF THIS WAS FIXED.

THANK YOU SO MUCH LOVE U

IF U DO WHAT I SAY ILL GIVE U BABIES.

is there a kissy face for forums? If so mod pls edit in. Thx u thx u

Cool post tho

Last edited by Fah King Vet (31 Dec 2018 19:14)

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

Hard to believe all of that was done in one year. It's incredible looking back at all that; it especially just struck me in particular how awesome all the new event areas are. For some reason it felt like they'd been there longer. RSCR has always been awesome but each year the QoL updates and all the custom content just makes it closer and closer to my ideal version of what the original game always could have been. Thank you so much everyone who puts so much into this place. And happy 2019. I hope the post at the end of this new year will be even more excellent-er. Bravo, frands.

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

Mod Mason Send PM

Happy new year to all!

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Mod Mel Send PM

Banned

It's been a busy 2018. Here's to making 2019 the best yet for RSCR! smile

Click here for helpful links regarding RSCRevolution and our exclusive content.
Read the Rules: Automated play is a bannable offense!

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

It's been an amazing year. I wish everyone happiness, good health and fortune (sick RNG), love and friendship, a sense of belonging, a sense of being appreciated, and a feeling of making a difference in the world or for the people around them in the upcoming year and all years to come.
I love you guys, and RSCR.

Long live RSCR!

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

#Slayer2019

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Alikben1 said:

#Slayer2019

We refer to this as Skill 19 wink

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Pepsi said:

Alikben1 said:

#Slayer2019

We refer to this as Skill 19 wink

#slayerconfirmed

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Fun year, yes come on slayer

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

Yes, what a great year 2018 was. May all the glory the admins and mods bring be bountiful forever.

Player avatar

nyx8 Send PM

Renevald said:

Yes, what a great year 2018 was. May all the glory the admins and mods bring be bountiful forever.

Make 2019 great, unban the might renevald