Wilderness Changes

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Wilderness Changes

The following changes have been made to the Wilderness and are now live in-game:

1) IP check for Team Fort is no longer blocking shared characters. Team Fort remains 1 character per IP limit.

2) Fort timer has been changed back to 5 minutes before you are able to enter on a different character.

3) East Wild has been changed. 1 IP has been removed and this zone is now 1v1.

3) Effective immediately, no more than 2 characters per IP can attack a single target (range/mage/melee). Team Fort (1 IP) and East Wild (1v1) are the only exceptions, as they each are under their own restrictions.

Thank you for your support, feedback, and suggestions. We will continue to work on ideas that are presented to us!

Regards,
n0m, Kleio, Pepsi, and all of RSCRevolution Staff

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Rule 3 makes no sense. Should be no more than 1 character per IP can attack the same person. Camping multiple alts in the same vicinity will still be an issue.

Last edited by humans (26 Dec 2018 05:26)

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

2 per 1 ip can. this is to prevent "gangbangs".
1ip has never worked on a private server and has been triee here before.

this is an amazing compromise

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

humans said:

Rule 3 makes no sense. Should be no more than 1 character per IP can attack the same person. Camping multiple alts in the same vicinity will still be an issue.

also 1v1 means no alts can attack you in east wild and are stuck watching the fight in east wild. let them park alts. they're useless

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Mod Mel Send PM

Banned

humans said:

Rule 3 makes no sense. Should be no more than 1 character per IP can attack the same person.

1 IP was not utilized there for PK so now it's back to 1v1. You can't multi pk in 1v1. It will only allow 1 on 1 combat, with an out of combat timer before a different char can attack, as it was in that zone before. We'll continue to listen to feedback and go from there.

Click here for helpful links regarding RSCRevolution and our exclusive content.
Read the Rules: Automated play is a bannable offense!

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Mod Rah said:

2 per 1 ip can. this is to prevent "gangbangs".
1ip has never worked on a private server and has been tried here before.

this is an amazing compromise

I'm more concerned about certain individuals camping mass accounts at various locations around wildy to monopolize hotspots and ruining pking in general. There is absolutely no way to compete. Should look into solving the mass alt accounts in the same area. At least place a restriction on this. I don't understand why it's even allowed to camp dozens of accounts at the same area to train and pk other people. This is not normal human behavior.

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Mod Rah said:

humans said:

also 1v1 means no alts can attack you in east wild and are stuck watching the fight in east wild. let them park alts. they're useless

Majority of pking activity is at west wildy, not east. Castle has always been the traditional pk hotspot. However, if you guys can figure out a way to promote and make east wildy more active, it would be a step forward given the current implementation.

Player avatar

Mod Mel Send PM

Banned

humans said:

Mod Rah said:

humans said:

Majority of pking activity is at west wildy, not east. Castle has always been the traditional pk hotspot. However, if you guys can figure out a way to promote and make east wildy more active, it would be a step forward given the current implementation.

We're developing ideas to make East Wildy more desirable, which is also why green dragons were added back. More to come soon! smile

Click here for helpful links regarding RSCRevolution and our exclusive content.
Read the Rules: Automated play is a bannable offense!

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

There's nothing we can do to please everyone. The anti-park/multi system was released so you could only play with 1 character in wild at a time. Then it was changed so you can't go to 24 squares near your character. Then it was changed to be fort only.
Don't get me started with fort, 'its too closed', 'its too open', 'its too closed again but too open'.

Prior to each of these changes there has been complaining, every change is because the community requests it.

As for this update I think this is worth trying out. I have already thought about the issue you mentioned Humans, where you can just follow your target with alts and switch chars who are low on food. I will sort that out at later date when I know how to approach this issue.

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Multi is limited which i agree with, yet teams are not limited? There is two problem with the pk scene, multi and teams, whom both forces the other.

One team is to big so lets multi em,  One team multis so lets bring 3x their numbers to pk..

Limit both teams and multi

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Stolt Archer said:

Multi is limited which i agree with, yet teams are not limited? There is two problem with the pk scene, multi and teams, whom both forces the other.

One team is to big so lets multi em,  One team multis so lets bring 3x their numbers to pk..

What do you suggest for limiting teams?

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

How long is the timer? for more accs from same ip attacking

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

As for this update I think this is worth trying out. I have already thought about the issue you mentioned Humans, where you can just follow your target with alts and switch chars who are low on food. I will sort that out at later date when I know how to approach this issue.

It's not an issue as you can logout before their new account can attack.

The issue with 1v1 is you can cast friend, so no1 else can attack you

Last edited by Nyx (26 Dec 2018 08:28)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Don't get me started with fort, 'its too closed', 'its too open', 'its too closed again but too open'.

The fort needs to be focused around pking, that means catching, not closed but open for pk, it's not a dm arena.

At least remove the chaos dwarfs and ridge and some moats and walls.

Last edited by Nyx (26 Dec 2018 08:35)

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Stolt Archer said:

What do you suggest for limiting teams?

Only 5 unique can mage the same target

A post from few months back:

Fix 1
only 2 chars from the same IP CAN ATTACK THE SAME char. No more than that.

So under this rule you could multi 2vs1. This rule leaves the multiers a bit more flexibility which is good in wars that they are outnumbered for. This cuts down greatly on the abuse that happens in wildy.

No delay on switching characters that is very important in wars.

Fix 2
Teams

If we limit multi we need to limit teams, atleast the effeciency of the teams.

Simply making it so only a limited number of chars could attack the same person within 1.2s ecs (cast time) for the ideal teamsize of 5 unique. The meleer + 4 others could attack one person at the same time, but no more than that.

IF WE PKERS AGREE WITH THIS ALL OF WILD RESTRICTIONS OF 1 IP WILD NEEDS TO BE REMOVED, IF NOT I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS

Last edited by Stolt Archer (26 Dec 2018 09:37)

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

@Nyx:
I've fixed that 1v1 issue, will be effective after next restart
I've also fixed bug where you could catch opponent before the the wait time was over.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

n0m said:

@Nyx:
I've also fixed bug where you could catch opponent before the the wait time was over.

smile sweet

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

@Nyx:

Nice thanks