questions about billy's issue. Please mod only reply

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

If your thinking replying and your not a mod please don't feed the fire. I have a few simple questions about the info i have read in the off topic thread

-i'm assuming kleio is posting for N0m? kinda confusing to read the second half because i keep thinking this is kleio words not N0m's
-host server. i assume that is what runs and holds a this game?
-wouldn't the NDA not apply since the contract was never fulfilled or what sounds like even started correctly?

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Kleio is posting on his behalf, I still have to write my own reply and I feel like what Kleio said the story pretty accurately, however I'd go more into my reasoning why the deal happened and why I "quickly" changed my mind. I will post my reply later and I believe Pepsi has some things to say as well. as of now I'm pretty exhausted from first putting up with billy for entire month and trying to get somewhere and dealing with his tantrums, and now I have to re-cap every bit of that so this community don't think i'm an asshole, all because Billy put us into that position where we have to put our time into saving our faces instead of moving forward.

Host server is what you described it as, it's the machine that runs our website, database, and gameserver.

The NDA he signed was under my ownership, and because there was never transfer of interest that NDA still applies.

Other than spoken words there's no written agreement or contract made, and to be exact the deal I made with him was initial and up for re-negotiation once time is right, for some reason Billy only wanted to stick to that initial agreement that gave him the most financial benefit.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

1) I am basically posting my side of the story, why I supported n0m in this argument and ultimately, I've expressed my opinion why Billy was not a fitting leader that we needed;
2) Yes, exactly as n0m said;
3) There was no written contract, all that we had was the NDA that Billy himself introduced basically. For the record, I haven't signed it myself, was delaying and delaying it since I need to get to a printer then scan it ect ect., just never took the signing seriously tbh. But it's funny how there are double standards when it comes to keeping your end, when he was the only one breaching a signed paper contract and leaking gossip all over the place. I thought we had some mods leaking info, turns out it was Billy himself, lol.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

This drama all started months ago, when some staff members were asked to approach n0m and talk him into giving Billy full control.  Billy himself stated he did NOT want to own Rev.
After much pressure, n0m gave Billy the domain only, and it was to be on a 30 day trial, to see how Billy performed while in full control.  It failed, badly, therefore n0m said no full transfer of ownership. 
For over 3 weeks , negotiations were at a stand still.  I was asked to help mediate as a neutral party.  I read all of the logs, even read screenshots of all the text messages. 
On Sunday, I thought for sure there was going to be a truce and agreement made
Screenshot_20181128-064152_Messages.jpg?width=400&height=325

However, yesterday, we were ambushed, and also found out that after days of suspecting ALL mods of leaking information.... it was Billy all along who was the leak... pitching for that sympathy vote.

In conclusion, without leaking info, as it is not my place to put out other's conversations.... It's bullshit to demand that the person who created the backbone of RSCR (n0m) be shoved out, simply because he was not satisfied that you were absent for nearly all of your 30 day trial period.
Yes, that was Billy's demand, He demanded that n0m be pushed out and he take control..

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

Pepsi said:

It's bullshit to demand that the person who created the backbone of RSCR (Fate) be shoved out

Why do you come here to troll? If you were early player you'd know Fate was "big words", little action. He proved it with his later servers I guess?

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

beatdown said:

PALLO said:

Why do you come here to troll? If you were early player you'd know Fate was "big words", little action. He proved it with his later servers I guess?

Just kind of reminded me of how Fate lost interest and stopped working for ages, when n0m still had ideas and passion and started doing all of the work.

I even remember telling Billy one night on Teamspeak (when Billy was just made Moderator) that n0m was really the guy doing everything behind the scenes at that point. Fate was never around.

Thankfully for us that Fate fucked off and n0m was able to take over?

I understand there's more to this story, but let's not be TOO hypocritical now boys.. edit: (and girls)

I even remember that part of the whole debacle over change of ownership from Fate to n0m, was that Fate became concerned n0m was not up to the task, always out driving around in his new car, not owning up to his responsibilities. Lol

All this situation was and is bs. Billy just needed to put his ego aside, realise the team does not see him as a good fit for the owner, give the domain back to n0m and we would have continued with our work.

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

"The donation button was quietly deleted, leaving no way for players to support the server." - this one really grinds my gears, after 2 weeks of getting nowhere, billy went silent for a week or so after a major argument, there were times where we did not expect for a resolution to be made. We decided to speed things up by disabling donations, at least there won't be any of many donations disappearing if things go south (to my knowledge, we still have not received the PayPal funds he owes us). This was also a last resort decision made against him due to his own incapability of taking criticism in a healthy way or working together."

Golden imo. Guy doesn't do anything for weeks, then goes away for another week without answering anything to anyone and then describes the situation like "The donation button was quietly deleted, leaving no way for players to support the server." And now he hasn't released "players support" to the people who pay for server/do the work.

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

Will Mod Lucki be back now?

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands

Player avatar

Deer243 Send PM

The money. The money. The god damn money. The god damn mother fuckin money. Like seemingly everything else in life, it has possibly destroyed what was otherwise a great thing we had going on here on RSCR.

After reading both sides of the argument I take a neutral stance. From Billy's side, it looks to be that money and power was a factor. On n0m's side, perhaps some regrets or second thoughts on stepping down. In the end, it just created a big mess of emotions which lead up to this.

Unless there's corruption going on the scenes that I don't know about, (doubtful) Billy was cool and made a great admin and would of been a great leader as well. n0m I equally like; he made the hands-down best and most developed private server that the world will ever see, and despite rough patches (I remember times where RSCR barely had 20-25 players on at peak) he saw it through and got us to where we are today.

Working together (as well as the rest of the staff) should see this game continue to be the best. Everyone needs to calm down, get their emotions back under control and slowly work things out. There's no reason we have to lose a great admin with such creative talent.

I believe things can be sensibly negotiated and resolved. If not so be it, but come on - I know ya'll can turn this fucked up situation into a positive one that reinforces an even more prominent future for the game.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

E N K O said:

Will Mod Lucki be back now?

Mod Lucki is simply not very interested in moderating at the moment and is spending more quality time with her significant other, playing the same game. But as you may know, she has done quite a bit of art for us already and we recently have made an agreement, that she will continue to work on art needed for future updates. For a while our relations with her were in lymbo, since we could not say what will happen in the future or make an offer for her work. As soon as Billy said he is leaving, i made the offer she liked. So she is sticking around, but not as a game moderator.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

thanks for the modly replies. far better than i expected. i'm sure quite a few players will appreciate any modly information you have provided.

I spent quite a while thinking of the wording of my three questions so they clearly stated what they wanted and left a way for a simple logical reply without trying to poke and pry like my other million questions i have.

I admire everyone's restraint on not posting so this thread would not be insta closed. thanks everyone

please close this.

you can now close this thread.

Last edited by sirpyrrhic (29 Nov 2018 00:36)

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears