Significant QoL suggestion?

Player avatar

mayhempk1 Send PM

Hi,

I have a suggestion for the Android client. I suggest that you put the username and password fields in the upper half of the client (above the keyboard). The reason I am suggesting this is because instead of guessing and hoping that the username you entered is correct, you can see in real-time that your username is correct since your keyboard would not cover the username and password fields. I can't imagine this would be too difficult to implement as I've seen quite a bit of RSCL's code (what RSCR is based on) and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add (plus I think RSCL might have actually had it this way by default? I can't really remember honestly).

The only drawback I would see from this is currently your username is hidden so that would provide security if you were livestreaming, however, I can't think of a single person that would livestream RSC from a phone and not a computer. So unless anyone can think of any other drawbacks, I think this would be a great QoL improvement. If this doesn't seem like a great feature to have by default, perhaps this could be an opt-in setting?

Thanks.

edit: It appears that I have posted this in the wrong section, this should probably go in the Suggestions section.

Last edited by mayhempk1 (2 Oct 2018 16:13)

Player avatar

Fah King Vet Send PM

I've just recently suggested this same this as an answer for the android autologin bug. (Re logs u in automatically sometimes after logging out.) If you going to switch chars or something can be really annoying.

Player avatar

mayhempk1 Send PM

Fah King Vet said:

I've just recently suggested this same this as an answer for the android autologin bug. (Re logs u in automatically sometimes after logging out.) If you going to switch chars or something can be really annoying.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would like to have this.

I also have a further idea for this, perhaps there could be saved logins (username and password) on mobile?

Last edited by mayhempk1 (5 Oct 2018 13:25)

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

I suggested this in 2015 and never got anywhere.......it is such a common sense thing due the auto login or relogin after log out causing users to die and or loose items.

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

Pink and Blue Bottles Send PM

mayhempk1 said:

I've seen quite a bit of RSCL's code (what RSCR is based on)

wat

Last edited by Pink and Blue Bottles (16 Oct 2018 11:27)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

mayhempk1 said:

as I've seen quite a bit of RSCL's code (what RSCR is based on) and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add (plus I think RSCL might have actually had it this way by default? I can't really remember honestly).

RSCLegacy is based off rev, when kev and davve left this server they started legacy with rev's source

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

mayhempk1 said:

as I've seen quite a bit of RSCL's code (what RSCR is based on) and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add (plus I think RSCL might have actually had it this way by default? I can't really remember honestly).

RSCLegacy is based off rev, when kev and davve left this server they started legacy with rev's source

Nailed it.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

mayhempk1 said:

Hi,

I have a suggestion for the Android client. I suggest that you put the username and password fields in the upper half of the client (above the keyboard). The reason I am suggesting this is because instead of guessing and hoping that the username you entered is correct, you can see in real-time that your username is correct since your keyboard would not cover the username and password fields. I can't imagine this would be too difficult to implement as I've seen quite a bit of RSCL's code (what RSCR is based on) and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to add (plus I think RSCL might have actually had it this way by default? I can't really remember honestly).

The only drawback I would see from this is currently your username is hidden so that would provide security if you were livestreaming, however, I can't think of a single person that would livestream RSC from a phone and not a computer. So unless anyone can think of any other drawbacks, I think this would be a great QoL improvement. If this doesn't seem like a great feature to have by default, perhaps this could be an opt-in setting?

Thanks.

edit: It appears that I have posted this in the wrong section, this should probably go in the Suggestions section.

not only that, but your history is a bit off. legacy was based on revs source completely. kev and davve weren't very creative and had to steal our code to make a server.

the more you know

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules