Team Bank for Veteran Mode?

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

After playing with some friends today we had a discussion about how nice it would be to be able to create a team and access a team bank together (we are all veterans), but without any of the skill perks that accompany it for regular non-veteran players. Having a team bank would function the same as trading supplies amongst ourselves as we have already been doing, and so long as there are no skilling bonuses it wouldn't undermine being a veteran account.

For me, a large part of my enjoyment of the game is interacting with other players, so I think that this would be a nice feature - especially since it is veteran mode, not vanilla RSC mode after all. I would also suggest that non-veteran players be able to join a team started by veterans if they so chose, but they would also not receive any skill bonuses from being in the veteran's team.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for reading! smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.
RSC - gone, but never forgotten.

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

Mixing veterans with non veterans -1
Having team bank for multiple veterans to ease transfers (if they are from diff timezone) +1.

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.

Player avatar

insaneDemNS Send PM

*one of said friends in question*

I've only been playing for a couple of days now, but I've already seen a few instances where a shared bank for me and my other 'veteran' friends could prove very useful. From what I've heard, this veteran mode is still very new, so it's understandable that a shared bank doesn't yet exist. Hopefully it can be implemented, at least in some fashion soon.

Hiya Badboy666, curious why you're against mixing the two groups together? Under this particular proposal, it's not as if existing teams would be unable to refuse a non-veteran (or vice-versa) player from entering their group and with all additional incentives (or bonuses) removed aside from a shared bank, this would mainly be an option for friends who can already trade each other to have a more simplified method of helping one another out.

That said, I am rather new here, so perhaps there's something more obvious I'm missing? It doesnt seem like something that can be abused, or have I overlooked something? Anyway, I am glad we do at least agree on that 2nd bit. On a side note, I do wonder if there exists some sort of PIN code to access a Shared Bank or if it's completely open to anyone within the group.

Anyway, seems like a fun game. Meow.

Last edited by insaneDemNS (10 Aug 2018 05:38)

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

insaneDemNS said:

Hiya Badboy666, curious why you're against mixing the two groups together? Under this particular proposal, it's not as if existing teams would be unable to refuse a non-veteran (or vice-versa) player from entering their group and with all additional incentives (or bonuses) removed aside from a shared bank, this would mainly be an option for friends who can already trade each other to have a more simplified method of helping one another out.

I am not playing veteran mode so I wouldn't actually bother personally, but regular version is running 4 years strong... if I could just trade, let's say 100k coal and 30 millions GP, from my main account to my veteran account, wouldn't it be unfair to people who just started veteran mode?

I've always been for an equal competition when a new version/gamemode gets out, so it gets fair for everyone. It was principally what I had in mind when I said regulars shouldn't trade with veterans (team bank allow transfers between accounts so.) I am not personally against a veteran being in a normal team to benefit of the few perks there is.

Last edited by Badboy666 (10 Aug 2018 13:16)

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever

Player avatar

insaneDemNS Send PM

Well that's completely understandable. I was under the impression that a Veteran player could trade with a non-veteran as the game currently stands, if this isn't the case, then I'd easily agree with you. I'll have to do some further testing in-game later. Thanks.

Player avatar

Dane Send PM

I support sharing gear and items like that but I'm not particularly a fan of sharing resources such as ores, bars and even feathers or arrows. 

That said, I do err on the side of solo-mode. 

If everyone is offline, I'd like to borrow some gear but I wouldn't always know which items are in there for specific players. 

I don't know if that's an option.

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

Badboy666, thank you for your input! big_smile

Though currently veteran players *can* trade with regular non-veteran players, so having a team bank wouldn't add anything that isn't already available to veterans.
_____

Thank you, Dane. I wouldn't want to make too much work for the team, but those are interesting things to think about.

Last edited by Leta (11 Aug 2018 05:21)

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

Leta said:

Badboy666, thank you for your input! big_smile

Though currently veteran players *can* trade with regular non-veteran players, so having a team bank wouldn't add anything that isn't already available to veterans.

Then. Ofc I agree smile I thought veteran mode was kinda 1 player playing like ironmen modes.. I was just worried about the fact that players being active for 4 years like me would start with a huuuuuuge advantage over new players just starting veteran. But hey I dont mind making it a bit easier for people, they'd still put in the 1x work tongue

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

Awesome, thanks for the support! smile

Player avatar

w4rmachine Send PM

Are you the RSC Player Mod/Forum Mod Leta?

Edit: I see from browsing around you've already answered on another post. I'd imagine most people here know of your fight for RSC for the past 10+ years and dedication to the community. This is a nearly 5 year old Server and where a bulk of faithful Rsc players lay their head. Amazing to have someone of your magnitude on board, welcome!

Last edited by w4rmachine (13 Aug 2018 11:28)

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

Awh thank you for the warm welcome and kind words, I appreciate it.

It's good to be here - it's a lovely community and I'm happy to be a part of it. I was so sad when RSC closed, but this place lessens the pain immensely.

Feel free to add me in-game if you ever want to have a chat, my friends list is rather bare currently! tongue

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

Bumpsies!

Player avatar

malouy Send PM

DMM2_Participant

I'm glad to see both Leta and insanedemNs here! Welcome home.

Idk if either of y'all remember FestivalGoat, Calcite, or Made Mage... But I remember you. c;

+1 I support this idea.

Player avatar

Leta Send PM

I remember FestivalGoat! Great to see you again. smile

I always get so happy when I see familiar faces here.

Thank you for the support!

Last edited by Leta (22 Aug 2018 02:25)

Player avatar

insaneDemNS Send PM

O-O I do recall that first name as well. Has certainly been a while.

Welcome! Oh wait, I'm the nub. Hello!

And yes, Bring Up Your Pillows. Oh I just 5 minute timed out. I feel like it's slightly quicker here, maybe it's just me.