[ENDED]Deadman mode beta test

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Deadman mode is returning to RSCR, this game mode is similar to the Deadman mode found on OSRS, where players play in a full world PvP environment. We won't be having a separate server for Deadmen, they will be playing on the same world as regular players. These will be a new character type just like iron-men, addition of the mode won't affect regular players.

Deadman mode beta test

Starting now, Deadman mode beta test is available for players, any player on the test server can expect to win a prize of 500k every 45 minutes or so, players reporting bugs will get rewards as well. To be eligible for the prize your characters history must show some activity and you can't be online with more than two chars at the same time or you will be automatically excluded from getting a prize.

For a smooth season it is essential that the new content is well tested, sincere thank you to everyone who will take some time to contribute. Please PM me directly on Discord with any bugs, issues or feedback in general. You can also participate in DMM chat on our #deadman-mode channel.

Test server XP rates:
32X combat experience rate
28X secondary combat rate
24X skilling

Desktop Client download: https://files.fm/f/dh4tfu5z
Android APK download: https://files.fm/f/6e8s6tnm installing the app will require to uninstall the RSCR app and reinstall it back after testing.

To login to the server, make a new character through the beta test client, characters will be wiped after the testing.

Everything apart from the XP rates are exactly the same as it would be on the DMM mode to be released.

Information about DMM from the previous post:

Deadman mode main features:

- Full World PVP, except in safe zones: Karamja general store, all banks apart from Draynor, safe towns are Edgeville and Lumbridge;
- Player killing you can raid your bank and get a percentage of your belongings;
- Depending on the combat level of the opponent killing you, you will lose a percentage of unprotected stats on death (can protect 5 stats);
- Access to safety deposit box for 10 items (not stacks);
- Access only to f2p world, items and skills;
- Attack range is determined by distance to nearest safe zone (distance to nearest safe zone / 2 = "wilderness level");
- Characters will have a combat level cap of 80, any character build is possible, but combat xp gain will stop when combat level of 80 is reached.
- Double experience rate (2x RSCR Rates);

Other features:

- No access to Wilderness;
- Completely separate economy from the regular players;
- Access to Auction House for buying and selling, 3 maximum listings;
- No trading between Deadmen;
- Majority of world is single-combat, Barbarian Village area is multi-combat;
- Teleporting and logging out requires you to stand still for 10 seconds.
- Betty's Magic Emporium and Aubury's Rune Shops will have boosted 500 elemental runes in stock as well as 100 death runes;
- Lowe's Archery Store will have 600 bronze arrows and 450 bolts in stock.
- Fishing lobster, tuna or swordfish will yield 3x times the fish;
- Some of the available quests will be automatically completed: Cook's assistant, Imp catcher, Sheep shearer, Romeo and Juliet, Doric's quest, Witch's potion, The Restless Ghost and Shield of Arrav;
- Two runite ores added in Rimmington, can be mined only by Deadmen;
- Deadmen can't obtain clue scrolls;
- Shantay and blue moon inn banks are disabled;
- Deadmen receive a set of startup items to make the start easier;
- While killing NPC's Deadmen will have a chance to get a random supply drop.

Experience Rates

16X combat experience rate (22X subbed)
12X secondary combat rate (18X  Subbed)
8X skilling rate (12X subbed)

Experience rate for rebuilding lost experience: 2x the above.
Subscriptions will be transferable to DMM chars with staff help.

Death in Deadman Mode:

If you die with a skull:
- You will lose percentage from 10 most valuable stacks in your bank to Bank Raid Chest. (Higher level opponent -> smaller percentage)
- You will lose percentage of all unprotected stats (Higher level opponent -> Smaller percentage)

If you die unskulled:
If you have taken damage from a player:
- You will lose smaller percentage from 10 most valuable stacks in your bank to Bank Raid Chest. (Higher level opponent -> smaller percentage).
- You will lose smaller percentage of all unprotected stats (Higher level opponent -> Smaller percentage).
- You will lose all items from your inventory and equipment.

If you have not taken any damage from a player:
- You keep 3 most valuable items.
- You don't lose any bank items.
- You don't lose any experience.

If you die and lose experience;
- Your experience rate for that skill is doubled until you reach the experience you once had.

Bank Raid Keys & Chests:

If you manage to kill a player in Deadman Mode, you will receive a Deadman Key. This key will give you access to chest which contains percentage of 10 most valuable stacks from opponents bank.

Deadman Key:
- Received upon killing a player;
- Unlocks bank raid chest;
- Cannot be traded, banked, only destroyed;
- When you kill a player who has got Deadman Keys in his inventory, you will get his keys;
- You can only hold maximum of five keys at a time, if you have five keys and kill someone, key will not be dropped.

Bank Raid Chest:
-Deadman keys should be used on Bank Raid Chest located in Edgeville bank;

Safety Deposit Box:
Deadmen have an option to keep their most valuable items safe using a safety deposit box which can hold up to 10 items, not stacks. The box can be accessed through Bankers.
b3875e08cffcb04340fcd4590b0c5fa7.gif

Stat protection

You can protect stats from being reduced on death:
- 1 Combat skill (attack, strength and defense);
- 1 Secondary combat skill (prayer, magic and ranged);
- 3 Skilling stats.
Hitpoints are auto-calculated on death.

You can protect your stats by opening stat menu and right clicking the stat you want to protect, and selecting "Protect <stat>".
6441b4bb8b1d963fc6e015d4095ae04f.gif

Skull mechanism:

- Skull default time is 15 minutes, maximum skull time 30 minutes.
- Each time you attack a player while you are skulled, your skull timer is reset and your skull time is extended by two minutes.
- If you attack player 30 or more levels below you, your skull time is set to 30 minutes.
- Your skull timer does not tick down if you stand still. You have to be on the move to lose your skull.
- Players who attack you when you are skulled will not get skulled themselves.
- Safe zones have high level guards, which attack skulled players trying to enter it.

Kill-streaks:
Each time you kill a player, your kill-streak increases. This is indicated by your skull color changing.
Additionally, the amount of Deadman Keys you hold in your inventory is indicated above skull by key icons.

c27044d9baabc2e8abe851f3846a9063.png

Deadman Appearance:
- Deadman Characters will have their name drawn in blood red, in chat and above head.
- Attack option is only shown on deadman players.
256a5be490227c6a2ca61449efd2d7af.png

Attackable levels
Combat level range can be seen in bottom right of a Deadman's client screen:
4440000da8a74510f7bfee2accaf6970.png

Single-combat area mechanics

- 20 Second timer after combat before others can attack
- Timer is reset to 20 seconds on any damage from your opponent.
- You cannot attack anyone else but the person attacking you.

Seperate economy auction house from main game:

- Can't trade or pickup items dropped by regular players;
- Can't duel or kill regular players;
- Can't participate in mini-game events;
- Separate Auction House with sale listing limit of 3;
- Can't add new listings to Auction House if there are unclaimed expired auctions.

Guarded Safe Zones:

Safe zones will have high level guards, which will attack any players with a skull and, highly likely, kill them.
Safe zones are: Karamja general store, all banks apart from Draynor, safe towns are Edgeville and Lumbridge

Startup gear

Deadmen will receive some gear to help them get ahead in the game a bit quicker:
6c527b32f8de91e3b919d971b08b879f.png

Rules:

Deadman mode is hosted with a philosophy that Deadmen must be self sufficient, gather their own resources and always risk their own hard work. For that reason this season we will be implementing strict rules and will be monitoring deadmen related logs for any suspicious activity. This is also involved alternative character.;

- Trading items is disabled and not allowed;
- Using mules to hold or transfer items is not allowed;
- Swapping items between regular game mode and DMM is not allowed;
- Trying to gain any wealth in a way that obviously show an attempt to transfer items between chars will be taken as a bannable offense as well.

If you find that being self sufficient is not your cup of tea, please do not complain or play DMM trying to break the rules, just skip this particular activity and enjoy the regular game mode. There will be other DMM seasons in the future and the rules may be different, but for this event, these are the rules. Breaking of any DMM rules will result in a ban of all parties involved, ban will count as a ban on regular game mode and may move you towards a list ban if you've been banned in the past.

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

First.

Hi Tomas, love you <3

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Client doesnt load.

/have to have the original client on your PC too or it wont work.

Last edited by Dwight19 (4 Aug 2018 16:21)

Player avatar

miika86_hki Send PM

cant get online on my account to beta testing

Player avatar

miika86_hki Send PM

and i noticed ingame you cannot add arrows or runes to save bank

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

miika86_hki said:

cant get online on my account to beta testing

You need to make a new character through the client you download on this thread.

miika86_hki said:

and i noticed ingame you cannot add arrows or runes to save bank

I just tested, there are no problems with adding runes or arrows, the safety deposit box does not accept STACKS like a bank, accepts 10 items TOTAL, that means, for example, 10 runes.

Of course in reality you would place simply your most valuable gear.

ef1f1e6377c295bff26dd3ddc43b13f0.png

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

how does one make a deadman account? i just made a character and i did not see that option so now i have yet another useless level 3.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

first make sure you're using the test client and not the regular game client and from there talk to the deadman NPC in tutorial island. You'll miss him if you skip the tutorial right away.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

sadly i was informed too late about downloading the test client. i missed it reading...

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

sadly i was informed too late about downloading the test client. i missed it reading...

You can still do it, takes 10 seconds to download the client and make the character.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

You can still do it, takes 10 seconds to download the client and make the character.

true. but then i'd have to think of another name

Player avatar

Universal Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

i am not sure but any 2h sword wont show when wearing just bronze long

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/zh/1/13/Runescapeclassic_combat_ranged.gif[/img]
[img]https://image.prntscr.com/image/UseXRzwAStKldQZfSTic3w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Tried the beta for 4+ hours. The xp rate is pretty good. Didnt find any bugs. The drops are pretty decent. But given 1gp AH trades are a bannable offense might be even easier. The trading is a hard part so no point to rely on that and when you decide to play deadman you have to get everything on your own. Cant really hope to do good trades, especially coz gp is hard to get.

Some things that didnt make sense to me. Edge dungeon is level 3-123 at giants. This would make a lot of sense if there was a bank added there near the giants gate with 20second timer!

Karamja deadly red spiders is really good xp and afk spot. Super fast for f2p. But again its 3-123. with no bank option which doesnt make it a desirable training place. Bank on the narrow road between lessers and deadly reds would be cool! Alot of pking and backstabbing on the most desirable training spot.

Another really cool training spot with bank added would be the good old ice warriors/pirates/moss south from port sarim.

Now if you add banks to these amazing spots this will be a gamechanger. Just an idea!

Barbarian village multi area is a bit too small. Yes, its a good xp place. Making it multi area all the way to the edge border (fence/wall) and draynor castle/mansion fence/wall would be perfect! Just a minor detail. For anyone who doesnt know the multi area ends about half way running to the edge.

Supply drops. The best NPC to get supply drops is by far chicken! I got 3x rune chain, r2h, rune battle axe, large rune helmet, rune med, mith long sword, 800 bronze arrows, 200 bolts, 5 srength potions, from chicken. I got the equal amount of xp training everywhere else combined and only got addy plate, addy kite, ruby amulet. Might be biased due to the small sample and luck deviaion involved. Ofcourse there were some drops that I didnt bother picking up like addy bars, addy ores, iron bars etc. Making the 3-123 dungeons a desireable training/pking place would be so good. Right now if you dont get lucky enough to get a r2h/baxe drop and have low stats there is no point to leave lumbridge since the xp is so much faster in lumbridge with below 60 stats.

Last edited by Dwight19 (5 Aug 2018 20:03)

Player avatar

Josephine Send PM

Dwight19 said:

Tried the beta for 4+ hours. The xp rate is pretty good. Didnt find any bugs. The drops are pretty decent. But given 1gp AH trades are a bannable offense might be even easier. The trading is a hard part so no point to rely on that and when you decide to play deadman you have to get everything on your own. Cant really hope to do good trades, especially coz gp is hard to get.

Some things that didnt make sense to me. Edge dungeon is level 3-123 at giants. This would make a lot of sense if there was a bank added there near the giants gate with 20second timer!

Karamja deadly red spiders is really good xp and afk spot. Super fast for f2p. But again its 3-123. with no bank option which doesnt make it a desirable training place. Bank on the narrow road between lessers and deadly reds would be cool! Alot of pking and backstabbing on the most desirable training spot.

Another really cool training spot with bank added would be the good old ice warriors/pirates/moss south from port sarim.

Now if you add banks to these amazing spots this will be a gamechanger. Just an idea!

With brass key you have access to a bank in varrock if you're in edge dungeon.
Also there is a bank on karamja that you can use.
The ice warriors dungeon in port sarim is kind of far from a bank. I don't see the problem with that tho. It's high level monsters that drops supply drops more frequently so there should be a higher risk

I don't see ANY reason for these banks to be added.

Are you just to lazy to walk to the bank to get food or why do you want these banks added?

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Josephine said:

Dwight19 said:

With brass key you have access to a bank in varrock if you're in edge dungeon.
Also there is a bank on karamja that you can use.
The ice warriors dungeon in port sarim is kind of far from a bank. I don't see the problem with that tho. It's high level monsters that drops supply drops more frequently so there should be a higher risk

I don't see ANY reason for these banks to be added.

Are you just to lazy to walk to the bank to get food or why do you want these banks added?

Not lazy enough to click chicken for better xp. I want people to PK for training spots and a reason for them to get away from lumbridge. Right now chicken is the way to go and training in those spots is just a trap and not a good enough reason to go there. Think of it like hotspots that people want to take over. These training spots are not popular for nondeadman mode so just a suggestion

Last edited by Dwight19 (5 Aug 2018 21:49)

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

release it fk a beta test

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Oh fuck real version xp rate is different than testserver. Dealbreaker sad

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Datsyuk Send PM

subscriber

I've made 3 accounts through the client and every time I try to log in it says invalid username/password...

[img]http://s2.postimg.org/stnxil1ll/Datsyuk.jpg[/img]

Speed Racer - Lvl 3 Event Extraordinar

Player avatar

Datsyuk Send PM

subscriber

So does this thing even work?  I still haven't been able to log in and now when I try to log in it says "please wait"

[img]http://s2.postimg.org/stnxil1ll/Datsyuk.jpg[/img]

Speed Racer - Lvl 3 Event Extraordinar

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

beta not open?

Last edited by blahhblahh (7 Aug 2018 18:14)

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]