Deadman Mode Tournament: Season 2

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

analmonster said:

Old pk/non pk system kicked so much ass.  Armor meant something, smithing meant something, mining meant something... skills had meaning.  You would literally go mine ores, and craft armor/weaps so you could use them against other clans.  Dying with full steel sucked ass because you had to literally go smith more, but it was so much fun to do so.  It was a constant adrenaline rush.  I remember staying up until 2am, throwing the blanket over the modem so I wouldn't wake everyone up connecting to the internet, and pking in the cabbage patch just outside of lumby (near the furnace).  Most fun I've ever had in a game.  Hitting 2's and 3's with shitty stats was way better than any maxed out pking done nowadays.

Not having 99 in stats was ok, because you were constantly 'playing' the game rather than grinding it out.  In my opinion, the TRUE rscrevolution died when the wildy came out.  It was never the same.  Not having banks was so fucking cool, you could only carry what you had on you.  A true man's game if there ever was one.

**Drop trading was also the shit.  When you saw someone standing there and not moving you KNEW what he was doing (xfering shit from other chars), so you'd stand right where he was standing and click like mad under your feet ! LOL.  Great times. smile

fucking MASTERFUL post bro, this is exactly what deadman should be. I can't believe there's complaints that you won't have time to smith r2hs etc.....that's the whole point! Instead of everybody having the same stats and the same fucking shit fight after fight (getting old af, am i right?) you have a whole variety of stats and items to compete against which is fun as hell! Gathering what resources and weaps you can all while defending your ass. If you want to play on a maxed out 99 1 99 99 with r2h then just go pk on the regular game as you always have.

Any time a private server is new my favorite part is the first week or so when the best shit in the game is mith/addy armor with addy b axe/2h and maybe a  few rune items from the champs guild thrown in. Who gives a shit if you don't have r2h? Go kick some ass with a rune long like we did in 2001.

I haven't played RSCR seriously in a while now and I can't wait for this deadman season. Really looking forward to it.

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

times change  it isnt 2001. wake up.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

analmonster Send PM

Synbios said:

analmonster said:

Old pk/non pk system kicked so much ass.  Armor meant something, smithing meant something, mining meant something... skills had meaning.  You would literally go mine ores, and craft armor/weaps so you could use them against other clans.  Dying with full steel sucked ass because you had to literally go smith more, but it was so much fun to do so.  It was a constant adrenaline rush.  I remember staying up until 2am, throwing the blanket over the modem so I wouldn't wake everyone up connecting to the internet, and pking in the cabbage patch just outside of lumby (near the furnace).  Most fun I've ever had in a game.  Hitting 2's and 3's with shitty stats was way better than any maxed out pking done nowadays.

Not having 99 in stats was ok, because you were constantly 'playing' the game rather than grinding it out.  In my opinion, the TRUE rscrevolution died when the wildy came out.  It was never the same.  Not having banks was so fucking cool, you could only carry what you had on you.  A true man's game if there ever was one.

**Drop trading was also the shit.  When you saw someone standing there and not moving you KNEW what he was doing (xfering shit from other chars), so you'd stand right where he was standing and click like mad under your feet ! LOL.  Great times. smile

fucking MASTERFUL post bro, this is exactly what deadman should be. I can't believe there's complaints that you won't have time to smith r2hs etc.....that's the whole point! Instead of everybody having the same stats and the same fucking shit fight after fight (getting old af, am i right?) you have a whole variety of stats and items to compete against which is fun as hell! Gathering what resources and weaps you can all while defending your ass. If you want to play on a maxed out 99 1 99 99 with r2h then just go pk on the regular game as you always have.

Any time a private server is new my favorite part is the first week or so when the best shit in the game is mith/addy armor with addy b axe/2h and maybe a  few rune items from the champs guild thrown in. Who gives a shit if you don't have r2h? Go kick some ass with a rune long like we did in 2001.

I haven't played RSCR seriously in a while now and I can't wait for this deadman season. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the compliment!  You're right, the first two weeks of a new server are always the best.  No edge sitters, no rich mofos, just fighting with whatever you got.  The game has energy and meaning during that time, just like the old days.

I cannot wait!

Last edited by analmonster (23 Jul 2018 01:07)

Get your tongue out of my ass.

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

is this coming

*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

analmonster said:

Synbios said:

analmonster said:

Thanks for the compliment!  You're right, the first two weeks of a new server are always the best.  No edge sitters, no rich mofos, just fighting with whatever you got.  The game has energy and meaning during that time, just like the old days.

I cannot wait!

+1 scrap this DMM concept and go to roots.

Player avatar

jumbojimbo Send PM

DMM2_Participant

adidas said:

analmonster said:

Synbios said:

I cannot wait!

+1 scrap this DMM concept and go to roots.

Why not just do like, a league system akin to Diablo or Path of Exile, you have normal mode, which is the persistent always going mode, and then every few months start a fresh league that is full PK, or whatever set of rules, maybe hardcore even, and then at the end of the season it just gets rolled into the normal mode game.

Just an idea, I think DMM will be fun though and I will definitely play anything you guys make cause RSCR is awesome.

Last edited by jumbojimbo (1 Aug 2018 19:46)

Player avatar

Zach Nocare Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Have to agree that 2 weeks seems pretty short. As for everything else, I think we just need to get a few seasons in to really iron it all out.
Cheers team ! Great work

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

"Access to safety deposit box for 10 items (not stacks); "

What is meant here? does it mean that gps cannot be safeguarded on death? and what about other stackables like runes and food?

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

dr slapaho said:

What is meant here? does it mean that gps cannot be safeguarded on death? and what about other stackables like runes and food?

they are not safe on death.

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

Sosa said:

dr slapaho said:

they are not safe on death.

oh damn. interesting

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Deadman mode has returned to RSCR, this game mode is similar to the Deadman mode found on OSRS, where players play in a full world PvP environment. Deadmen won't be playing on a separate world, they will be playing along with regular players. Deadmen are a new character type just like iron-men or veteran mode.

Deadman mode will be available for two weeks, till Sunday 26th this month, exact time and scenario for the end game will be posted later in a separate post.

This season, DMM players will be required to be completely self sufficient, at the bottom of the post there is a list of rules that Deadmen must follow. Please read them and if you believe that you won't be able to follow them, do not play DMM and risk getting banned.

Deadman mode main features:

- Full World PVP, except in safe zones: Karamja general store, all banks apart from Draynor, safe towns are Edgeville and Lumbridge;
- Majority of world is single-combat, Barbarian Village area is multi-combat;
- Player killing you can raid your bank and get a percentage of your belongings;
- Depending on the combat level of the opponent killing you, you will lose a percentage of unprotected stats on death (can protect 5 stats);
- Access to safety deposit box for 10 items (not stacks);
- Access only to f2p world, items and skills;
- Attack range is determined by distance to nearest safe zone (distance to nearest safe zone / 2 = "wilderness level");
- Characters will have a combat level cap of 80, any character build is possible, but combat xp gain will stop when combat level of 80 is reached.
- Double experience rate (2x RSCR Rates);
- Protect Items prayer and Home Teleport are disabled for Deadmen;

Other features:

- No access to Wilderness;
- Completely separate economy from the regular players;
- Access to Auction House for buying and selling, 3 maximum listings;
- No trading between Deadmen;
- Teleporting and logging out requires you to stand still for 10 seconds.
- Betty's Magic Emporium and Aubury's Rune Shops will have boosted 500 elemental runes in stock as well as 100 death runes;
- Lowe's Archery Store will have 600 bronze arrows and 450 bolts in stock.
- Fishing lobster, tuna or swordfish will yield 3x times the fish;
- Some of the available quests will be automatically completed: Cook's assistant, Imp catcher, Sheep shearer, Romeo and Juliet, Doric's quest, Witch's potion, The Restless Ghost and Shield of Arrav;
- Two runite ores added in Rimmington, can be mined only by Deadmen;
- Deadmen can't obtain clue scrolls;
- Shantay and blue moon inn banks are disabled;
- Deadmen receive a set of startup items to make the start easier;
- While killing NPC's Deadmen will have a chance to get a random supply drop;
- For doing Dragon Slayer quest, plank has been spawned in Barbarian Village;
- Deadmen can't receive quest XP while they have xp gain buffed after previous death;

Experience Rates:

16X combat experience rate (22X subbed)
12X secondary combat rate (18X  Subbed)
8X skilling rate (12X subbed)

Experience rate for rebuilding lost experience: 2x the above.

Subscriptions:

Subscriptions can be given to DMM chars by using the subscription card on your DMM character. Cards can also be transferred to DMM chars with staff help, if Kleio or Billy are online, please PM them directly on Discord.

Death in Deadman Mode:

If you die with a skull:
- You will lose percentage from 10 most valuable stacks in your bank to Bank Raid Chest. (Higher level opponent -> smaller percentage)
- You will lose percentage of all unprotected stats (Higher level opponent -> Smaller percentage)

If you die unskulled:
If you have taken damage from a player:
- You will lose smaller percentage from 10 most valuable stacks in your bank to Bank Raid Chest. (Higher level opponent -> smaller percentage).
- You will lose smaller percentage of all unprotected stats (Higher level opponent -> Smaller percentage).
- You will lose all items from your inventory and equipment.

If you have not taken any damage from a player:
- You keep 3 most valuable items.
- You don't lose any bank items.
- You don't lose any experience.

If you die and lose experience;
- Your experience rate for that skill is doubled until you reach the experience you once had.

Bank Raid Keys & Chests:

If you manage to kill a player in Deadman Mode, you will receive a Deadman Key. This key will give you access to chest which contains percentage of 10 most valuable stacks from opponents bank.

Deadman Key:
- Received upon killing a player;
- Unlocks bank raid chest;
- Cannot be traded, banked, only destroyed;
- When you kill a player who has got Deadman Keys in his inventory, you will get his keys;
- You can only hold maximum of five keys at a time, if you have five keys and kill someone, key will not be dropped.

Bank Raid Chest:
-Deadman keys should be used on Bank Raid Chest located in Edgeville bank;

Safety Deposit Box:
Deadmen have an option to keep their most valuable items safe using a safety deposit box which can hold up to 10 items, not stacks. The box can be accessed through Bankers.
b3875e08cffcb04340fcd4590b0c5fa7.gif

Stat protection

You can protect stats from being reduced on death:
- 1 Combat skill (attack, strength and defense);
- 1 Secondary combat skill (prayer, magic and ranged);
- 3 Skilling stats.
Hitpoints are auto-calculated on death.

You can protect your stats by opening stat menu and right clicking the stat you want to protect, and selecting "Protect <stat>".
6441b4bb8b1d963fc6e015d4095ae04f.gif

Skull mechanism:

- Skull default time is 15 minutes, maximum skull time 30 minutes.
- Each time you attack a player while you are skulled, your skull timer is reset and your skull time is extended by two minutes.
- If you attack player 30 or more levels below you, your skull time is set to 30 minutes.
- Your skull timer does not tick down if you stand still. You have to be on the move to lose your skull.
- Players who attack you when you are skulled will not get skulled themselves.
- Safe zones have high level guards, which attack skulled players trying to enter it.

Kill-streaks:
Each time you kill a player, your kill-streak increases. This is indicated by your skull color changing.
Additionally, the amount of Deadman Keys you hold in your inventory is indicated above skull by key icons.

c27044d9baabc2e8abe851f3846a9063.png

Deadman Appearance:
- Deadman Characters will have their name drawn in blood red, in chat and above head.
- Attack option is only shown on deadman players.
256a5be490227c6a2ca61449efd2d7af.png

Attackable levels
Combat level range can be seen in bottom right of a Deadman's client screen:
4440000da8a74510f7bfee2accaf6970.png

Single-combat area mechanics

- 20 Second timer after combat before others can attack
- Timer is reset to 20 seconds on any damage from your opponent.
- You cannot attack anyone else but the person attacking you.

Seperate economy auction house from main game:

- Can't trade or pickup items dropped by regular players;
- Can't duel or kill regular players;
- Can't participate in mini-game events;
- Separate Auction House with sale listing limit of 3;
- Can't add new listings to Auction House if there are unclaimed expired auctions.

Guarded Safe Zones:

Safe zones will have high level guards, which will attack any players with a skull and, highly likely, kill them.
Safe zones are: Karamja general store, all banks apart from Draynor, safe towns are Edgeville and Lumbridge

Startup gear

Deadmen will receive some gear to help them get ahead in the game a bit quicker:
6c527b32f8de91e3b919d971b08b879f.png

End game and prizes:

The last day of this season Sunday 26th will be the last day you will be able to use these characters as Deadmen.
If you die on the last day, between Sunday 26th 0:00-23:59 PST, your character will be banned until the end of the season.
On Monday DMM s2 characters will be converted to normal characters following an XP reduction. You will not be able to use them in season 3.

The prizes and categories are as follows:

Awarded to all DMM S2 Participants:
-Deadman Participant forum pip

PKer Prizes Awarded to Top Kills (ties broken by k/d ratio)
-1st place: $100 usd, 5 gold subs, 5 platinum subs. Deadman Champion forum pip with 2h.
-2nd place: $50 usd, 2 gold subs, 2 platinum subs
-3rd place: $25 usd, 1 gold sub, 1 plat sub

Skiller Prizes Awarded to highest Total Level (ties broken by total XP)
-1st place: $50 USD, 2 gold subs, 2 platinum subs. Deadman Champion forum pip with pickaxe
-2nd place: $25 usd, 1 gold sub, 1 platinum sub
-3rd place: 1 gold sub, 1 platinum sub

Honorable mentions: People who didn't die on the last day, highest accumulation of specific items, etc.
Note: All eligible champions will have their accounts vetted, people who used rulebreaking advantages will be disqualified.

Rules:

Deadman mode is hosted with a philosophy that Deadmen must be self sufficient, gather their own resources and always risk their own hard work. For that reason this season we will be implementing strict rules and will be monitoring deadmen related logs for any suspicious activity. This is also involved alternative character.;

- Trading items is disabled and not allowed;
- Selling items in auction house at low prices to make a trade is not allowed;
- Using mules to hold or transfer items is not allowed;
- Swapping items between regular game mode and DMM is not allowed, game moderators can only transfer you subscription cards;
- Trying to gain any wealth in a way that obviously show an attempt to transfer items between chars will be taken as a bannable offense as well. If there are any questionable situations, staff reserves the right to discuss the situation internally and take appropriate action against offenders.

If you find that being self sufficient is not your cup of tea, please do not complain or play DMM trying to break the rules, just skip this particular activity and enjoy the regular game mode. There will be other DMM seasons in the future and the rules may be different, but for this event, these are the rules. Breaking of any DMM rules will result in a ban of all parties involved, ban will count as a ban on regular game mode and may move you towards a list ban if you've been banned in the past.

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

releasing client at the end of timer?

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Maybe it was just fixed with this last update, but if not I'd like to report that I was unalived training on lvl 9 man at the start of DM and I didn't realize til I checked my bank that most of my starter stuff was gone. I died maybe 3 times and my trout dropped to 22 from 50 and lost most of my runes.

I did not engage in combat with any player at all. I didn't even leave the safe zone. What I lost is no biggy atm, but for later on this needs to be fixed.

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

Sweet. Looking forward to prizes

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Wow theres more than 3 people already level 75 after 14 hours, thats fast, might give it a try after all

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Josephine Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Synbios said:

Maybe it was just fixed with this last update, but if not I'd like to report that I was unalived training on lvl 9 man at the start of DM and I didn't realize til I checked my bank that most of my starter stuff was gone. I died maybe 3 times and my trout dropped to 22 from 50 and lost most of my runes.

I did not engage in combat with any player at all. I didn't even leave the safe zone. What I lost is no biggy atm, but for later on this needs to be fixed.

Don't unalived to npc. Problem fixed

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

The drops are insanely lowwwww, insanely.  If you want to PK but dont get a r2h drop theres no chance. Right now theres already a few level 80s who PK (its only been 24hours) and its even harder for others to get items. Theyre making sure no one can train or get items on their watch. Im close to 70hp and I havent got any rune drops. Seems like its easier to get level 80 than it is to get a R2H drop. Now after dien I lost most of my bank even tho it said 12%. Def had a mith 2h (which is the most powerful weapon in the game!!) in first 10 spots but it didnt save. The ones who got a r2h early are currently getting more items by Pking and its not much you can do with a m2h... at this point without even a m2h and no way to obtain a m2h back its really pointless to continue lol. Feels kind of pointless to box chicken coz by the time I got close to 70hp training outside of lumb clicktraining the only weapon i got was an a2h. It all comes down to luck. You wouldnt see 70hp chars running around boxing chicken in any other verison lol.

But its okay. I had decided not to play this mode but decided to give it a try since I was amazed people got to level 75 14 hours after the release.

Last edited by Hungry Game (15 Aug 2018 01:15)

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

Hungry Game said:

The drops are insanely lowwwww, insanely.  If you want to PK but dont get a r2h drop theres no chance. Right now theres already a few level 80s who PK (its only been 24hours) and its even harder for others to get items. Theyre making sure no one can train or get items on their watch. Im close to 70hp and I havent got any rune drops. Seems like its easier to get level 80 than it is to get a R2H drop. Now after dien I lost most of my bank even tho it said 12%. Def had a mith 2h (which is the most powerful weapon in the game!!) in first 10 spots but it didnt save. The ones who got a r2h early are currently getting more items by Pking and its not much you can do with a m2h... at this point without even a m2h and no way to obtain a m2h back its really pointless to continue lol. Feels kind of pointless to box chicken coz by the time I got close to 70hp training outside of lumb clicktraining the only weapon i got was an a2h. It all comes down to luck. You wouldnt see 70hp chars running around boxing chicken in any other verison lol.

But its okay. I had decided not to play this mode but decided to give it a try since I was amazed people got to level 75 14 hours after the release.

Dude you cry in every single one of your posts

Edit: dude I’m reading your post and thinking “why am I  reading this boring ass shit.. there has got to be a point to what he’s saying...” nope.. just no your usual complaining boring shit

Last edited by gaylord (15 Aug 2018 02:54)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Yeah, i agree, it's EXTREMELY hard to gather the items needed for PKing, especially if you die once. Considering whole thing only lasts for 2 weeks anyways, its ridiculous. People who have r2h's pretty much control everything and no1 else stands a chance. Everything is fine skilling wise though.

AND, maybe you guys could increase the max combat level to 100 or something, right now alot of people will reach 80 combat within the next 24 hours and when they realize they can't get items to PK with they will just quit

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Combat 80 cap is good enough. No need to change that now. The combat 100 cap would help the people who already got gear and are high levels even more. The whole point of combat 80 cap was in my mind so people can compete in Pking without having to grind stats entire 14 days. But theres no other source to get items, you just have to wait to get lucky for drops.

Gaylord lol, Im sure you dont PK and if you dont understand why you need something better than m2h to PK... well people can decide for themselves. Not whining, Im offering solutions. People like you cant take any criticism. "If you dont like something just leave" attitude gets you nowhere in life and is just hateful. You know... youre allowed to debate ideas and offer solutions without moral police shutting you down.

Last edited by Hungry Game (15 Aug 2018 10:04)

Oprah: