Deadman Mode Tournament: Season 2

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Dwight19 said:

Sosa said:

forced to quest for rune long, or get 99 smithing on 2x xp in under 2 weeks mining all ores alone, impossible unless u play 20 hrs a day ?? I thought some npcs were being added outside wild for this.  all skillers just keep there rune/best gear in safe deposit while they skill and lose 0 stats? 5 stats and 10 spots is to much, make it 3 stats and 5 deposit spots lol . . ..

so i think this is gonna be a failure at this point aka a skiller event

things that need to be done :

make npcs that drop r2h and rune shit outside of wild/make the smithing lvl for max gear like 80
keep less shit on death or else whats the point? dying isnt a big risk at this point

Yeah, kind of have to agree. Xp rate/questing too slow for me for that period of time. Not really sure how youre supposed to get items. And theres no risk in dieng.  Good job team tho.

Player avatar

b u b b a jr Send PM

Dwight19 said:

Dwight19 said:

Sosa said:

forced to quest for rune long, or get 99 smithing on 2x xp in under 2 weeks mining all ores alone, impossible unless u play 20 hrs a day ?? I thought some npcs were being added outside wild for this.  all skillers just keep there rune/best gear in safe deposit while they skill and lose 0 stats? 5 stats and 10 spots is to much, make it 3 stats and 5 deposit spots lol . . ..

so i think this is gonna be a failure at this point aka a skiller event

things that need to be done :

make npcs that drop r2h and rune shit outside of wild/make the smithing lvl for max gear like 80
keep less shit on death or else whats the point? dying isnt a big risk at this point

Yeah, kind of have to agree. Xp rate/questing too slow for me for that period of time. Not really sure how youre supposed to get items. And theres no risk in dieng.  Good job team tho.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z2l3Zkl.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rtt1WmN.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YBv5Ffx.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gu20rIS.png[/img]

Player avatar

b u b b a jr Send PM

Ok yes lets try to get 99 stats in 2 weeks....

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z2l3Zkl.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rtt1WmN.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YBv5Ffx.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gu20rIS.png[/img]

Player avatar

Jauro2 Send PM

b u b b a jr said:

with 22x rate you could get 99 str easily in 2 weeks, since you can't get past 80 combat and wouldn't even be able to train anything else to 99, unless you're going for 99 1 99 or something, but having to get 99 smithing to get rune is just stupid, theres no way someone is going to get it.. they should move 2h store from taverly to f2p area and maybe add few dragons somewhere for rune item drops ( I don't know does the random supply drops from npcs include rune ) Other than that this is looking pretty good

Last edited by Jauro2 (19 Jul 2018 04:51)

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Jauro2 said:

b u b b a jr said:

with 22x rate you could get 99 str easily in 2 weeks, since you can't get past 80 combat and wouldn't even be able to train anything else to 99, unless you're going for 99 1 99 or something, but having to get 99 smithing to get rune is just stupid, theres no way someone is going to get it.. they should move 2h store from taverly to f2p area and maybe add few dragons somewhere for rune item drops ( I don't know does the random supply drops from npcs include rune ) Other than that this is looking pretty good

Umm noo... if its only for 30 days it means you have to play ALOT. And I mean alot of hours paying attention to the screen every day. There no denying it.

RSCLegacy was x16 xp rate too or something and it took me a month of nonstop logging (atleast felt like) to get 95hp.
I think 22x nonsubbed 30x subbed would be better. 44x and 60x for mining smithing (explained below)

You have to take a few things into consideration

1. Theres no wild, no agressive NPCs. You have to click train most of the time.
2. Lumby will be crowded first 2 days, possibly will be one of the only training spots.
3. If weapons are hard to get that means players who want to PK will likely go for 1 def build (you know, since they have to fish and hide and all that jazz).

Dont really understand how to get armor and weapons. Will have to pick steel long from hobgoblins? The mining/smithing doesnt seem like a good idea. Maybe there will be one person who will try to but maybe no one will even try.  And that person alone cant feed the whole server with the nonexistent trading system. So is this mode like everyone has to mine and fish and cook and smith and level for 30 days? Might as well remove the option to attack other players.

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

well who says we need rune anyway. people can still pk with whatever gear they can find in stores or smith. i wonder though, what happen exactly at the end of the event?

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

Dwight19 said:

Dont really understand how to get armor and weapons. Will have to pick steel long from hobgoblins? The mining/smithing doesnt seem like a good idea. Maybe there will be one person who will try to but maybe no one will even try.  And that person alone cant feed the whole server with the nonexistent trading system. So is this mode like everyone has to mine and fish and cook and smith and level for 30 days? Might as well remove the option to attack other players.

There's ways to get armor and weapons in f2p , you can get full rune and rune long sword in only a few hours if they only add plank spawns somewhere in f2p to finish dragon slayer quest . I'm most likely gonna grind myself full rune gear first day and have my fun pking around , but I m sure i will lose the set pretty quick since i never pked befor . But if they don't add plank spawns in f2p theres gonna be a shortage on weapons and gear . 3 planks are needed to complete dragon slayer quest which you would normaly find in f2p wildy or near barbarian outpost both places you can't get on a dmm acc .

EDIT: i just realised you don't need to complete dragon slayer to buy from the champions guild shop , but the rune plate would still be nice smile

Last edited by pajser91 (19 Jul 2018 07:04)

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Dont know how you guys do quests so fast. Would take me 10hours to finish all the F2P quests I suck at quests. And on deadman mode probably alot of deaths along the way.

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

Dwight19 said:

Dont know how you guys do quests so fast. Would take me 10hours to finish all the F2P quests I suck at quests. And on deadman mode probably alot of deaths along the way.

There are only 17 f2p quests in total which 8 of them everyone gets auto completed in dmm , the remaing 9 have none to little requirements which you can get in no time at the dmm exp rates . Each quest is like 10 mins long but the dragon slayer one which maybe takes 20mins .

Player avatar

Jauro2 Send PM

Dwight19 said:

Jauro2 said:

b u b b a jr said:

Umm noo... if its only for 30 days it means you have to play ALOT. And I mean alot of hours paying attention to the screen every day. There no denying it.

RSCLegacy was x16 xp rate too or something and it took me a month of nonstop logging (atleast felt like) to get 95hp.
I think 22x nonsubbed 30x subbed would be better. 44x and 60x for mining smithing (explained below)

You have to take a few things into consideration

1. Theres no wild, no agressive NPCs. You have to click train most of the time.
2. Lumby will be crowded first 2 days, possibly will be one of the only training spots.
3. If weapons are hard to get that means players who want to PK will likely go for 1 def build (you know, since they have to fish and hide and all that jazz).

Well yeah i didn't really consider you can't afk train in wildy and all f2p spots will be packed, so getting to 99 is not something someone would achieve easily unless you're click training all day, but then again i don't really think you need to get 99s. On legacy it took me a month to get flats, it felt like i nolifed every day lol, but some people got flats in 2 weeks with 16x, same as on turnip ppl got flats on 2 weeks on 16x rates but they did nothing else than train all day. I think some p2p things should be added into F2P world or it won't really work out that well. Smithing / Mining xp rates atleast should be re-considered i guess.

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Yeah dont need to get 99s thats true. Still getting like 75 75 75 stats with 40 pray will take quite some time click training! And once you get those stats you have to get gear which is pretty hard to do. A bit higher xp rates would be good, since it is a very short period of time.

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

its 2 weeks. what don't people get, there will be no rune in the game apart from the champs guild rune. you cant get 99 smithing in 2 weeks without grinding non stop, even then you would only have it for the last couple hours.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

Dwight19 Send PM

Sosa said:

its 2 weeks. what don't people get, there will be no rune in the game apart from the champs guild rune. you cant get 99 smithing in 2 weeks without grinding non stop, even then you would only have it for the last couple hours.

Even getting mith and addy going is challenging.

Player avatar

Jauro2 Send PM

Sosa said:

Yeah will take ages before theres even addy 2hs in game this is why i think they should add few dragons or something for people to range in f2p and have them pk over the spots for a chance of loot or something, then again i have no idea what they ment with Supply drops from npcs and what they include

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

Two weeks is too short for more casual players. A month would make deadman more accessible for everyone

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands

Player avatar

dr slapaho Send PM

E N K O said:

Two weeks is too short for more casual players. A month would make deadman more accessible for everyone

i think it needs to be short its going to be a fast paced event. they need to be clearer on what the end goal is though, how prizes are distributed etc. so we know what to do

Player avatar

hit em up Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

skilling event

Player avatar

arrrrrg Send PM

Love the idea, especially being able to PK outside of town like back when the game started. Mud 61 potentially? Nothing better then PKing in newb gear, mith armour and a2h smile))
Unfortunately I would only able to play 1 hour per night sad 1 month, or 2 would suit rather than 2 weeks

Player avatar

analmonster Send PM

Old pk/non pk system kicked so much ass.  Armor meant something, smithing meant something, mining meant something... skills had meaning.  You would literally go mine ores, and craft armor/weaps so you could use them against other clans.  Dying with full steel sucked ass because you had to literally go smith more, but it was so much fun to do so.  It was a constant adrenaline rush.  I remember staying up until 2am, throwing the blanket over the modem so I wouldn't wake everyone up connecting to the internet, and pking in the cabbage patch just outside of lumby (near the furnace).  Most fun I've ever had in a game.  Hitting 2's and 3's with shitty stats was way better than any maxed out pking done nowadays.

Not having 99 in stats was ok, because you were constantly 'playing' the game rather than grinding it out.  In my opinion, the TRUE rscrevolution died when the wildy came out.  It was never the same.  Not having banks was so fucking cool, you could only carry what you had on you.  A true man's game if there ever was one.

**Drop trading was also the shit.  When you saw someone standing there and not moving you KNEW what he was doing (xfering shit from other chars), so you'd stand right where he was standing and click like mad under your feet ! LOL.  Great times. smile

Last edited by analmonster (21 Jul 2018 03:22)

Get your tongue out of my ass.

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

analmonster said:

Old pk/non pk system kicked so much ass.  Armor meant something, smithing meant something, mining meant something... skills had meaning.  You would literally go mine ores, and craft armor/weaps so you could use them against other clans.  Dying with full steel sucked ass because you had to literally go smith more, but it was so much fun to do so.  It was a constant adrenaline rush.  I remember staying up until 2am.  Most fun I've ever had in a game.  Hitting 2's and 3's with shitty stats was way better than any maxed out pking done nowadays.

Not having 99 in stats was ok, because you were constantly 'playing' the game rather than grinding it out.

+1

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands