Combat related updates to the client

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

For past couple weeks pk'ing community has requested a few changes to the way our client works and we're happy to announce that today we have released a new client version with some of the requests implemented:

• Client command ::logout has been removed;
  • Right click menu on a chat message while being in wilderness has been removed, to prevent accidental right clicks on a message while pk'ing;
  • Magic spell book and prayer book scroll positions will now be saved on logout, when you login to a character the scroll position will be wherever it was left before logging out. This is saved for each character, so switching between different builds will switch the scroll position as well;
  • Double clicking on a door now won't trigger two actions, so when you double click on a closed door, it won't just remain closed, but will actually open.

Combat related updates implemented last week:
  • Ranged no longer follows the target, if target walks out of ranged radius you stop shooting. Following is a RSC feature, but players have been requesting it's removal;
  • Using Protect from missiles prayer now will no longer just protect from shots while prayer is on, but will also disable the targeting. Before the update, if you were shooting a player with ranged and he puts prayer on, you won't shoot him, but your character remains locked onto the victim and as soon as he turn off the prayer you automatically start shooting without even clicking. This is how prayer worked on RSC.

Here is a fresh opened client with spell and prayer books pre-scrolled automatically:
67a925b9275731a747ad23ca1d5095ee.gif

Doors before:
5e721861dae812f12742f1eb92957579.gif
Doors after:
b806f87758e367572a4c8ed0a01a9c9d.gif
Friend list options removed from wilderness:
0ca61a9da605639c3b4f582e6226e52a.gif

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

Wow awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Player avatar

supermoe1985 Send PM

This is so game changing that we will have to start referring to events taking place either pre door update or post door update.

Player avatar

Frogninja Send PM

The era of open doors.

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

There was an old tale that once there was a legendary character named "Do0r clos3r" who was insanely fast at opening and closing doors in Edgeville bank, so much to the extent that players rioted, bound him with rope, and speared him with cattle prods.

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

+1 to all but ::logout.

I've often utilized that to switch chars quickly. The first char would always have to time out. I understand it was removed because someone figured out how to abuse it. Hopefully it can be reimplemented without the bugs.

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

Ckmoon said:

There was an old tale that once there was a legendary character named "Do0r clos3r" who was insanely fast at opening and closing doors in Edgeville bank, so much to the extent that players rioted, bound him with rope, and speared him with cattle prods.

and i'm willing to do it a second time

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Now when I minimize client on droid it auto reloads. Please look into it. I can't multi and switch back and forth.

Player avatar

bluebeard Send PM

Nooo put the ::logout command back

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

3o5 said:

Now when I minimize client on droid it auto reloads. Please look into it. I can't multi and switch back and forth.

Try deleting the app, I've did not change anything that would have that effect.

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Kleio said:

3o5 said:

Try deleting the app, I've did not change anything that would have that effect.

Good now thanks.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Why ::logout was removed? That is a great feature

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Thank You very very much! Absolutely awesome updates

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Still doing it. Any ideas?

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

3o5 said:

Still doing it. Any ideas?

Do you have any cloned apps? You need to delete EVERYTHING including cache before the app uninstall.

Player avatar

DoneldTrumpet Send PM

subscriber

Exceptional! Except... the removal of ::logout? What thoughts went behind removing this smile It was great for many things when dealing with multiple clients non pking related

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

::logout was removed due to overwhelming demand my pk'ers.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

We also have another update coming tomorrow, there have been previews "leaked" to our Discord big_smile!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Dunkonjordan23 Send PM

subscriber

Wonderful job

[img]https://i.imgur.com/kk6e6Jq.png[/img]