3 new potions for 3 useless herbs?

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

Those kind of pots are too OP for the herbs. Even though levels requirements are up, its still those herbs that you get the most when you farm low levels npc's, making lowbie herbs all of a sudden really important. The effect on economy as well would be too important, some people (myself included) has been sitting on dozen of K's of guams marrs and harras since they useless, imagine making them important all of a sudden and worth 2-3k ea. Like I said, even I would be advantaged by this, but it affects the economy too importantly to just add that. I am for adding more pots, but you'll need to add more herbs, not use the useless ones that are banked (imagine Jedi or Tomster herbs amounts).
+1 for new pots,
-1 for using old, easy to obtain herbs.

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Badboy666 said:

Those kind of pots are too OP for the herbs. Even though levels requirements are up, its still those herbs that you get the most when you farm low levels npc's, making lowbie herbs all of a sudden really important. The effect on economy as well would be too important, some people (myself included) has been sitting on dozen of K's of guams marrs and harras since they useless, imagine making them important all of a sudden and worth 2-3k ea. Like I said, even I would be advantaged by this, but it affects the economy too importantly to just add that. I am for adding more pots, but you'll need to add more herbs, not use the useless ones that are banked (imagine Jedi or Tomster herbs amounts).
+1 for new pots,
-1 for using old, easy to obtain herbs.

Bad boy makes a very good point.

The economy in RSCR is a very fragile thing and needs to be taken in to consideration when considering the introduction of commodities that contribute a lot to the trading market.

Players that have been hoarding low-level herbs for years could potentially inherit millions and millions of value overnight, inflating the market almost instantly.

Like Badboy, I too am all for the introduction of new features but it would be wise to consider the effect that new introductions will have on the market and player base.

Last edited by Synesthesic (12 Jun 2018 20:45)

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

A good point i wouldn't have considered without the player input! Definitely changes things. One way to deal with it could be to combine more of the low level herbs into a concentrated amount, like requiring multiples to make the unfinished potion. Another way is to add new herbs at the top.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

A good point i wouldn't have considered without the player input! Definitely changes things. One way to deal with it could be to combine more of the low level herbs into a concentrated amount, like requiring multiples to make the unfinished potion. Another way is to add new herbs at the top.

I really like the former idea, as the latter doesn't really change much to the pile of unused low-level herbs sitting in banks smile But both can be interesting, of course!

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Even if it takes 3 to make 1 pot, I got like 12k means i still got 4k of the new super herb or super pot :s Herbs have been farmed waaaayy too much already in 5 years (or is it 4, never remember if server is 2013 or 2014 x.D)

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever

Player avatar

RanXy Send PM

subscriber

Guam, harralander and marentills can now be grinded with a pestle and mortal and sometimes provide dusts and they become stackable.(maybe higher herblore level the higher chance of getting the dust?)

This will make allot of the herbs “dissapear” from the game therefore making the herb prices a bit higher which makes it a decent moneymaking methode for lower level players.

For this example i’ll use Guam herb.

Combine (5,10,15 or more?) of the Guam dust to make a concentrated Guam ball.

One of those “balls” can be used on a vial of water to make a unfinished concentrated Guam potion.

Paralyzing potion;

Primary ingredient: Guam ball 1x
Secondary ingredient: compressed flax1x

Compressed flax can be made by combining 30 flax together(use flax on flax in your inventory to make a compressed flax ball)

This will see a increase of flax prices making picking flax viable again for lower level players.

“You drink the paralyze potion, the enemy is stunned by your looks!”

Antidragon potion;

Primary ingredient: harralander ball 1x
Secondary ingredient: Dragonstone dust

Dragonstone dust can be made with crushing a Cut dragonstone with a pestle and mortal.

This may seem exspensive but it will be a good things to raise the prices of dragonstone amulets which right now are a complete joke and making 80 crafting a worth while again.

“You drink the antidragon potion, you feel yourself immune to the dragons breath!”

Enrage potion;

Primary ingredient: marrentill ball 1x
Secondary ingredient: chaos rune x30(?)

This will see a increase in the value of chaos runes which now are way to low.

“You drink the enrage potion, you’ve become so aggressive everyone will try to put you down!”

So yeah this is what ive been doing while at my break at work lol.

Allot of thing is just from the top of my head and anything can(and probly will) be changed but it’s a start smile

Let me know what you guys think!

Cheers,

Fluxert

Last edited by RanXy (13 Jun 2018 21:33)

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

It still remains that some people have over 20k herbs stacked in bank already, and it gives them a huge economical advantage if they all of a sudden become use-able. It's just too big of a change on a server that is many years old already. It's like making new lvl 99 spells with stacked body-runes.. Whoever has 100k of em stacked becomes rich all of a sudden?

Example, making hardened armor needs a rune set and you have like 90% of chance of burning it. Your rune sets already had value to begin with, so lets say 150k and you keep 1 of 10, hardened sets are 1,5m; it fits... Guams/marrs/harras are like 2gp ea atm.. even if u combine 30 of them thats still 60gp, for something that will be worth many k's, the change is too big.

Last edited by Badboy666 (14 Jun 2018 01:39)

Player avatar

sjx3 Send PM

I think the main issue is that the effects of these new proposed potions are too valueable, increasing the value of these low-level herbs too much.

Why not just make new potions that help other skills that don't have potions yet? Cooking, Mining, Smithing, Crafting, Thieving, Woodcutting, Agility, Firemaking, Fletching.

It would have a level 50 herblaw requirement like the Fishing Potion and provide the same experience as the Fishing potion. Each potion would provide 3 levels of the specific stat.

Secondary ingredients can be determined by the community.

Now the issue with this idea is that some skill potions will be more desirable than others(Smithing, Agility, Theiving), so we make each herb (guam, marrentill, and harralander) contain three possible skills potions to make. and it also requires two of the herbs rather than one.

Example: 2 Guam Leafs + Vial of Water = Unfinished Pure Guam Potion + (Secondary Item) = Cooking Potion, Firemaking Potion, or Smithing Potion depending on what Secondary Item was added.

This allows each low level herb the versatility of being useful, removes them quicker from the game by taking two herb for each potion, has value to both low level and high level accounts, is a decent source of herblaw experience, and also the abilities aren't so OP that it breaks the economy.

As for the abilities originally proposed, make some new herbs!! I love the idea of the aggro potion +2. Paralyze potion seems too redundant with palayze monster and I feel it takes away from people who train prayer -1. Antidragon Fire Potion is definitely good, makes it so that people can't just stock up on the AntiDragonfire Shield and sell them at a premium +1.

Last edited by sjx3 (15 Jun 2018 14:29)

Player avatar

sjx3 Send PM

Puremanl said:

I think the dragonstone potion would be way too hard to Iron men or Ultimate Iron men to make. Also the skill potions Sjx3 mentioned would not even be used. Who uses fishing pots? with the xp rates on this server 3 levels is nothing. Maybe if it was 5 or 10 it MAY be worth it.

I think making decisions based on difficulty for Iron men is not the correct way to go about it. Iron Man Mode is ment to be difficult, so if you want easy things for Iron Men it kind of defeats the purpose.

As for skilling pots not being used, I do agree that Fishing potions aren't used often, but that's why I propsed three skills be a possible outcome to each herb. Smithing, Mining, Agility, and Theiving are great examples of potions that would be used often since it can accelerate your training and also allow you to do actions when you're under leveled. Even with the exp boosts of the server, leveling those last few smithing levels for Rune can take a long while and be costly. So a smithing potion will be perfect. Need one more level for that agility shortcut? Get the potion. I feel like they won't be used THAT much, but that's kind of beauty in that they won't be game breaking.

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

sjx3 said:

I think the main issue is that the effects of these new proposed potions are too valueable, increasing the value of these low-level herbs too much.

Why not just make new potions that help other skills that don't have potions yet? Cooking, Mining, Smithing, Crafting, Thieving, Woodcutting, Agility, Firemaking, Fletching.

It would have a level 50 herblaw requirement like the Fishing Potion and provide the same experience as the Fishing potion. Each potion would provide 3 levels of the specific stat.

Secondary ingredients can be determined by the community.

Now the issue with this idea is that some skill potions will be more desirable than others(Smithing, Agility, Theiving), so we make each herb (guam, marrentill, and harralander) contain three possible skills potions to make. and it also requires two of the herbs rather than one.

Example: 2 Guam Leafs + Vial of Water = Unfinished Pure Guam Potion + (Secondary Item) = Cooking Potion, Firemaking Potion, or Smithing Potion depending on what Secondary Item was added.

This allows each low level herb the versatility of being useful, removes them quicker from the game by taking two herb for each potion, has value to both low level and high level accounts, is a decent source of herblaw experience, and also the abilities aren't so OP that it breaks the economy.

As for the abilities originally proposed, make some new herbs!! I love the idea of the aggro potion +2. Paralyze potion seems too redundant with palayze monster and I feel it takes away from people who train prayer -1. Antidragon Fire Potion is definitely good, makes it so that people can't just stock up on the AntiDragonfire Shield and sell them at a premium +1.

Agreed except no smithing pot plz, thats like the end-game of RSCR kinda, the only skill that got requirements until 99. The stout is already enough with its +1.