Let's Talk About "The Mods"

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Eww Bald said:

Semirotta said:

IMO there is nothing wrong with the staff and how they run things. To be honest it's the players who are the issue not the mods. Players do what ever it takes to make staff members life more miserable and unfortunately that is not going to change. Some people are "early bloomers" who are mature by mind earlier than his/her friends, those people know how to behave and act like an human being with at least some kind of social skills. Then there are those others who act straight up monkeys and just love the attention, it feeds them.

I say let the monkeys be monkeys and let's not whine about the punishments or what ever is coming for them. Let staff members do their bidding, follow the rules and there is no problemos.

If this is really how you feel about the players, why the hell would you want to a mod?  Wtf is going on here???
Maybe mods should be psychoanalyzed before they are made mods to make sure they aren't sociopaths...

So you are saying that because I say let the monkeys be monkeys and get what is coming for them; I am sociopath?
I hope you do realize that this is only a game, not a super secret military thing you need to work for. No need to be very sane, not many are in the game anyway.

Lol...

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Klone Army said:

I find this interesting. I'll just add a bit here that also follows the spirit of the rules, but not specifically stated.

1. Don't take advantage of your mod powers.--Using your mod powers to punish people for being rude to you when the same punishment would not be given to the same player treating another player the way they were treating you. (In case of this example, a mod is not moderating the rules, they're using their mod powers as a tool of personal revenge.

Billy said:

I suppose there's no harm in releasing an abridged set of the mod guidelines so you all know what we deal with.

So without further ado:

----Do not use your staff account for any advantage which a non-staff would not have. This includes: teleporting a player without legitimate justification (legitimate reasons would be like if they were stuck, removing someone from event, etc.); using any staff information for economic or some other gain; using the mod account to introduce items or experience into the game or onto a player or personal account; using mod commands for any unofficial reason, or to harass, abuse, or take advantage in combat; using mod commands to show favoritism; etc. If you are unsure if some action is taking advantage, ask BEFORE you do it.

[snip]

Solid point and a real thing.  Someone higher up should do some random chat log browsing and see what goes on for real.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Mod Dark is cool, I knew him ingame before he got modship and he seemed like a stand up guy, not just looking for prestige through modship.  Good shit.

Maddog, eh well seems like he's got a checkered past.  Imo, he's done everything in game so now what's left?  Oh yeah, modship.  This just seems like an achievement and not an honor.  Id he just wanted to help, he would have been a mod already by now?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

aww no rah review sad

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Mod Rah said:

aww no rah review sad

I think the fact that I don't have a negative experience associated with you means ur cool.  No news is good news. wink

Player avatar

Justince Send PM

Irish Pickle said:

You called him a forum warrior, and use sarcastic phrases like "seems logical" "seems common sense to me" and that's just in this thread. In game it's no surprise to hear you say to a player they are just crying. It's disrespectful. And I believe it because of the way you present yourself. No offense pepsi but you kinda come off In the wrong way. It is criticism. U judged someone's actions and basically said don't pk. It's criticism, and you can't even own up to it. Those are not very upstanding quality's. While you may have some great quality's you need to watch the way you approach people, because it come off very rude.

God! Quit it, Irish. What Mod Pepsi said is true: You need to be skilled enough to PK effectively. If you are low level, stay out of wildy until you are combat worthy.

Stop being SJW-ish about a comment. It is logical and common sense for Pepsi to warn others not to get themselves into trouble regardless of how he saif it. And he didn't insult the players by name calling so I don't see how is he rude.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Justince said:

Irish Pickle said:

You called him a forum warrior, and use sarcastic phrases like "seems logical" "seems common sense to me" and that's just in this thread. In game it's no surprise to hear you say to a player they are just crying. It's disrespectful. And I believe it because of the way you present yourself. No offense pepsi but you kinda come off In the wrong way. It is criticism. U judged someone's actions and basically said don't pk. It's criticism, and you can't even own up to it. Those are not very upstanding quality's. While you may have some great quality's you need to watch the way you approach people, because it come off very rude.

God! Quit it, Irish. What Mod Pepsi said is true: You need to be skilled enough to PK effectively. If you are low level, stay out of wildy until you are combat worthy.

Stop being SJW-ish about a comment. It is logical and common sense for Pepsi to warn others not to get themselves into trouble regardless of how he saif it. And he didn't insult the players by name calling so I don't see how is he rude.

Nice ass kiss lol.  You thinking of applying for modship in the near future by any chance?

Last edited by Eww Bald (26 May 2018 01:53)

Player avatar

Jan Send PM

Welcome to the most butthurt thread of RSC forums, your host shall be the one and only - the legendary man - Eww Bald!

Veteran mode player