Cheating Achievements

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

We have this rule as part of our procedures to preserve the integrity of the game and its players' hard earned achievements. The highscores are there to measure the achievement of an individual, not a group of players or 3rd party. In the event that a dispute arises over account ownership, we will always side with the original creator of the account. This rule which has been a part of rscrevolution since the very beginning, to fight the commodification of player accounts.

sharing a account to achieve high-score ranking should be against the rules. this breaks the rule and overall integrity. basically i could share my account with my team to have someone always playing on it 24/7 to achieve high ranking on highscore. that is not a individuals achievement....that is a group of peoples achievement. account sharing should never be allowed because it gives unfair advantage to the players of the community. lets say i trained 4 flats to multi pk with and was a great pker at doing it. lets say i had hotspot and was defending it with the accounts i trained then someone challenges me at hotpot and takes it because they have more trained flats then me because they were given passwords to multiple accounts. how it that fair to the player who trained there accounts to be able to have that leverage over other players in the community? where is the integrity in that? basically i would lose my hard earned achievement of holding hotspot with my hard earned trained accounts to someone who didn't trained hard at all......and was given access to accounts in a unfair way to take away my hard earned achievements. example- i could let my team play my account 24/7 to take rank 1. while the current rank 1 player worked hard and earned that achievement only to be dethroned by account sharing. account sharing should not be allowed because it is a unfair advantage to the community.

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Totally agree on this.  I'm not really sure what the mindset is toward allowing account sharing but perhaps it has something to do with tracking ips being laborious?

Account sharing affects the integrity of the game absolutely.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Eww Bald said:

Totally agree on this.  I'm not really sure what the mindset is toward allowing account sharing but perhaps it has something to do with tracking ips being laborious?

it sure does and has the community on a bad path because of it.

RSClassic did not allow file sharing at all.

Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Eww Bald said:

Just being lazy....there's more then enough people to be staffed currently in the applications.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

JediMindTrix said:

Eww Bald said:

Weird because I had access to around 10 stakers and multiple accounts to share and bot thieving on from the 2004-2009 period, none of those accounts were ever banned.

It's too hard to track, it's to easy to spoof, the communities so small that you should be happy account sharing is allowed, with out it nobody would PK. Seems like every update Jedi makes is one that would have a negative impact on activity :joy: not everyone is like you Jedi, you're one of a special breed of a few people who were prepared to throw away 12 hours+ every day all day on this ancient, dying game so you could feel some sense of achievement which you don't get in real life

Turtles

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

o0ps13 said:

JediMindTrix said:

Eww Bald said:

Weird because I had access to around 10 stakers and multiple accounts to share and bot thieving on from the 2004-2009 period, none of those accounts were ever banned.

It's too hard to track, it's to easy to spoof, the communities so small that you should be happy account sharing is allowed, with out it nobody would PK. Seems like every update Jedi makes is one that would have a negative impact on activity :joy: not everyone is like you Jedi, you're one of a special breed of a few people who were prepared to throw away 12 hours+ every day all day on this ancient, dying game so you could feel some sense of achievement which you don't get in real life

Thing is you're overemphasizing the value of the pk scene.  I don't have a flats char and I don't imagine ever having the time as I just keep getting busier and busier.  I had a couple 33s and that was ok but even that didn't last and was not very active.  I don't get to pk so personally I'm not thankful for what exists here.  Now imagine how the game might look to someone in this situation?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

yeah have the admins go through every accounts ips daily  like they aint busy enough. get real guys

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

knack baby said:

yeah have the admins go through every accounts ips daily  like they aint busy enough. get real guys

I don't really care, just saying he has a point. If I cared about high scores, which I don't, I might be upset too.  Who knows?

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

I agree with you in philosophy Jedi, but I just don't see it as something we can effectively enforce, or enforce without pissing off more people than it would help. Like banning multi in wild or multiboxing in any form.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

I agree with you in philosophy Jedi, but I just don't see it as something we can effectively enforce, or enforce without pissing off more people than it would help. Like banning multi in wild or multiboxing in any form.

then the server has no integrity for its players.