[Suggestion] Contracts

Player avatar

Shinguin Send PM

Unsure if this is do-able, but something similar to the current quest system (the custom 1), perhaps make it so there are skill dailies, or just skill repeatable contracts. For example, you go to the smithing NPC, and click "Low-Level Contract" and he gives you x amount of random low level gear to make, like "Gather 9 Iron Ore, Smith 3 Iron Plateskirts" that way you can't just buy materials and spam turn it in, it would force you to be the 1 to gather the resources as well. Rewards being X amount of experience in Smithing. I feel this could work for all crafting classed skills like Smithing, Crafting, Herblaw (Might be tricky), Cooking, and Fletching. Maybe even the other skills but the main idea behind this post is to talk about the more creation skills.

Something to spice up the normal grind, and get people doing more things they wouldn't normally be doing (Like mining Iron Ore, or Rune Ore for the High-Level Contracts). I'm unsure what the scripting power is on these sort of things, but if something like this can be done, and people wanted it, I think it would be pretty awesome to have.

If not dailies/repeatables, maybe just X amount of quests per skill, like "Beginners Smith Training" with there being like 10 total tiers/levels, where the experience boost is very rewarding since it'll be a 1 time turn in only (10 total turn ins), though I think the original "Decent/good Experience" for repeatables/dailies would be more beneficial to work towards if it was possible.

Anyways, apologies if this was already suggested, enjoy your day!

There are stranger people than me, give me a break!

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

this is an excellent idea to break up the grind. i pesronally wouldn't use it but thus is a really good idea for something to do if your getting bored.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

So like rs3?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Shinguin Send PM

Eww Bald said:

So like rs3?

Nah, RS3 is more "Here is 1 random daily for the day that you can just go to the GE and buy all the mats, finish it fast and move on", I meant something more constant, an alternative to the current grind that gives you things to do, instead of just repeating the exact same thing over and over. The daily thing was more of a plan B idea in case it the first wasn't possible, and would be a daily per skill, so everyday you'd have something to do for each skill. Hope that makes more sense now, I've never been good at explaining these kinds of things.

There are stranger people than me, give me a break!