Users right to privacy

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

I would like the option to be private and my named not to be shown in public play. Basicly when *enabled players* name is on....users have the privacy right for there user name not to be shown. I think there are users who would like this option put in. Just like we have hide highscore there should be hide user name. I Would like the community opinions or add ons to this thread. Thank you everyone

BASICLY YOUR IN GAME NAME WONT BE SHOWED ABOVE YOUR HEAD.

Last edited by JediMindTrix (8 Apr 2018 01:04)

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

I don't like that anyone can look up my stats on high scores tbh.  What if I want them secret?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Eww Bald said:

I don't like that anyone can look up my stats on high scores tbh.  What if I want them secret?

There is under account management click the account then click on hide highscore

Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.

Player avatar

JoJoman11 Send PM

subscriber

Personally, I don't feel like this is needed. I feel as though it's fine how it is right now.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

JoJoman11 said:

Personally, I don't feel like this is needed. I feel as though it's fine how it is right now.

okay ty for your opinion.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Cool thanks!
About this idea...

I'm not sure how I feel about a suggestion that reduces the social aspect of the server since I believe that it is exactly that which is suffering most. hmm

Last edited by Eww Bald (8 Apr 2018 17:49)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Eww Bald said:

Cool thanks!
About this idea...

I'm not sure how I feel about a suggestion that reduces the social aspect of the server since I believe that it is exactly that which is suffering most. hmm

Privacy is the most important thing in life. Does not stop anything social. People socialize everday on rsc since 2001. The problem is not about socializing. No gamming community is perfect. The problem is with how current society is developing youth in the world. EXAMPLE.....If your just now turning 20 you dont know life without advanced technology. EXAMPLE smart phones. Young people can effect how older people behave and it is shown through behaviour. EXAMPLE older people trying to act young to FIT IN.

Point is the young generation does not value privacy until it is too late.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

i prefer player names. it sure makes life easier since you would not have to mouse over every single player around you to see who is who. I just need to look and be like o0o better take a sip while i can...  Besides if your name is causing you trouble go buy a new one...  or you can be a civil player and when people see your name sure you might kill them but they'd know it'd be fun because there is no trash talking or griefing.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Funny I found this article today......

https://nypost.com/2018/04/07/why-mille … cy-crisis/

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

A 2015 survey by the American Press Institute found just 20 percent of millennials worried “a good deal” or “most of the time” about online privacy. The vast majority said they never worried or only worried a little about how much searchable personal information about them was available on the Internet.

Personal information can be gathered by simply knowing a users name on a video.

Player avatar

Mod Banana Send PM

Formerly known as Mod Macy

What I don't understand is why somebody would want to block their own name. If you don't want somebody taking to you just disable chat

Here to help everybody!!! Invite me to your party!!!!

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Your names 'jedimindtrix' rofl, what exactly r u hiding? whys that gotta be private? u insecure u still watch star wars? nobody cares mate its a username get over it fuck me and that article is to do with people's real names,addresses,phone numbers,pictures being leaked. not some guy on a small rsc server worrying about his jedimindtrix lmfao, what exactly r u keeping private lol

/end thread

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

+1 block usernames, great idea

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I completely disagree, I think all name changes should be public too, enough of people name changing to troll etc

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

hard to name change to troll if u can enable "hide username" to John Doe. You of all people should love the idea nyx, you could BS anyone you want anonymously.

Last edited by iamtheironman (9 Apr 2018 12:17)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

iamtheironman said:

hard to name change to troll if u can enable "hide username" to John Doe. You of all people should love the idea nyx, you could BS anyone you want anonymously.

What's the fun in doing it anonymously?

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Lots of reasons why this would be problematic and few that it would be beneficial.  What about scamming, pking, etc.?  What's the actual risk of having it public?

Player avatar

Rome Send PM

subscriber

Your NAME isn't public... it's a made up username that gives you the PRIVACY you're seeking.

If RSCR required your real first and last name to play under then this would be a problem and privacy would be needed. Since that's not the case make a username that gives you the privacy you're after.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Moved this thread to Suggestions

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Rome said:

Your NAME isn't public... it's a made up username that gives you the PRIVACY you're seeking.

If RSCR required your real first and last name to play under then this would be a problem and privacy would be needed. Since that's not the case make a username that gives you the privacy you're after.

At least this guy understands it..