[ENDED]Egg Hunt and Easter Event 2018!

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

S O B BSpace said:

Yes you will be able to keep the eggs.

Tyvm sir smile

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

i'd just like to point out the unbalance between finding the easter bunny and chances of an egg drop.  I more or less kill stuff. i have 11 eggs.  i heard a mod talking on friday night that a player has caught 217 rabbits... so at best hes got 108 eggs. I do realize this might be an extreme example but there it is.  11 eggs to a possible 108.

I do realize that hunting for the rabbits should give you more eggs because you are focusing just on getting eggs and not actually skilling or combat. Further more without actually knowing more about what effects combat related egg drops. Like the wild increases egg drops.    but for example if you fight say a lvl 30 wildy monster vs a lvl 60 non wildy monster what differance is there in a drop rate? we don't know...

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

well unless this is pure luck..... you seem to get more eggs if your actively hunting down monsters.  Generally i spend my time down in edgy chaos druids and stand in one spot for a bit killing and dropping crap herbs then moving if the pile at my feet is starting to confuse me.  i spent a while kililng the red spiders since they were a higher level and i figured that might increase the drop rate but after a long time with no eggs i wondered if monsters needed to drop loot since i got no eggs.  Then i wondered if it had something to do with activity. i never moved killing spiders and got no eggs., i seldom moved killing druids and got a few eggs,   So i tried running down the chaos druids while i was herbing and i got like 9 eggs in maybe 5 to 6 hours.  lot better than the 2 days to get 11. I did get a few eggs making potions and id'n down there too.

Player avatar

trogdor41487 Send PM

subscriber

Barb agly course isn't giving dbl exp on completion.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

300 completion bonus on double subs.  so 2x would be 600 completion bonus.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

sirpyrrhic said:

i'd just like to point out the unbalance between finding the easter bunny and chances of an egg drop.  I more or less kill stuff. i have 11 eggs.  i heard a mod talking on friday night that a player has caught 217 rabbits... so at best hes got 108 eggs. I do realize this might be an extreme example but there it is.  11 eggs to a possible 108.

I do realize that hunting for the rabbits should give you more eggs because you are focusing just on getting eggs and not actually skilling or combat. Further more without actually knowing more about what effects combat related egg drops. Like the wild increases egg drops.    but for example if you fight say a lvl 30 wildy monster vs a lvl 60 non wildy monster what differance is there in a drop rate? we don't know...

FYI it was 3 catches for 1 egg.  So to catch 217 rabbits, at best it's 72 eggs.  I spent about 5 hours to get 70 rabbit catches, and i basically found him every time I was hunting, there was never more than 3-4 people looking for him while I was.  So for 217 that had to have been at least 18 hours over the course of the week.   You also have to remember that it's easy to AFK multiple accounts.  I had 8 accounts farming eggs, and the drop rate for all 8 combined was equal or maybe a little better than one account catching the rabbit.  I think the drop rate from NPC's was fine.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Why catch bunny 3 times in a row?  Totally discouraging.  A for effort but meh event tbh.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Eww Bald said:

Why catch bunny 3 times in a row?  Totally discouraging.  A for effort but meh event tbh.

Because its WAAAAYYYYY to easy to rack up eggs / tokens (for the xmas event) with only 1x each time. 

Think about it, if you or only 2-3 people are doing it at a time, you can typically find him every 5 minutes (usually shorter but whatever).  You do this for an hour getting an egg every find = 12 eggs an hour vs about 4 eggs with 3 times in a row.

I only did it to get maybe 5 eggs but it just wasn't my thing, spent most of my time using some mats skilling and farming for clues.

My alt got 20 eggs simply from killing warriors in al kharid (non wild) doing easy clues so its not hard either way.

Still managed to get 3 ears, 2 on main from skilling and 1 off alt from farming npcs.

Vigor got what 400ish catches? if he got 3 in a row each time (never failing to complete thus loosing those) thats only around 6 ears on that character vs having 20 ears if it was 1 catch = 1 egg.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

ReconOne said:

Eww Bald said:

Because its WAAAAYYYYY to easy to rack up eggs / tokens (for the xmas event) with only 1x each time. 

Think about it, if you or only 2-3 people are doing it at a time, you can typically find him every 5 minutes (usually shorter but whatever).  You do this for an hour getting an egg every find = 12 eggs an hour vs about 4 eggs with 3 times in a row.

I only did it to get maybe 5 eggs but it just wasn't my thing, spent most of my time using some mats skilling and farming for clues.

My alt got 20 eggs simply from killing warriors in al kharid (non wild) doing easy clues so its not hard either way.

Still managed to get 3 ears, 2 on main from skilling and 1 off alt from farming npcs.

Vigor got what 400ish catches? if he got 3 in a row each time (never failing to complete thus loosing those) thats only around 6 ears on that character vs having 20 ears if it was 1 catch = 1 egg.

Tell me how many hours all these individuals spent actually playing the game in a leisurely way.  If it's more than three hours tops, it's too much if you have a job, family, etc., which most normal people if this age group ought to have.  If you want the server to grow, you need to cater to normal, not abnormal individuals; it's common sense.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

Tell me how many hours all these individuals spent actually playing the game in a leisurely way.  If it's more than three hours tops, it's too much if you have a job, family, etc., which most normal people if this age group ought to have.  If you want the server to grow, you need to cater to normal, not abnormal individuals; it's common sense.

a rough guess but i figure it took me 24 hours to get my b ears using combat.  If i had kids i would not have that time.  (reptiles>kids)

What i think should have been done was make it easier to get bunny ears but place a cap on the amount you can get per character. The casual player could easily get his surprise and the hardcore player could just use multiple accounts to get more.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

a rough guess but i figure it took me 24 hours to get my b ears using combat.  If i had kids i would not have that time.  (reptiles>kids)

What i think should have been done was make it easier to get bunny ears but place a cap on the amount you can get per character. The casual player could easily get his surprise and the hardcore player could just use multiple accounts to get more.

This makes excellent sense to me.
I'm not looking to make money on the event which is obviously what motivates some players.  I just want a chance to get a holiday item by investing a reasonable amount of time.  I login on a regular basis so I don't understand why I shouldn't be able to partake in a holiday event.

P.S- Reptiles are cool, too. wink