[ RESOLVED ] Accidental free for all massacre in wildy.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

A mistake was made when using a command and whole server was summoned into a high level wilderness free for all event.

A total of 35 people died, everyone who died got the items lost added to their inventories, the people who managed to grab high value items got them removed from their inventories.

Everyone else who left their characters in the arena will find them appearing in Edgeville as they login.

I'm very sorry for the stress that this may have caused, I was in shock after typing the ::shuffle command, it shuffled things alright...

The only positive thing i can see out of this situation, is a pretty funny video of probably the biggest public screw up in RSCPS history.

@3:40

Last edited by Billy (25 May 2018 08:32)

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Whops someone made a boo boo!

Lol...

Player avatar

moreswash Send PM

No rollback please.. Can you return the items without rolling it back..? You could look at the kill log of who died in 68 wild, and then go from there maybe?

Last edited by moreswash (7 Apr 2018 21:11)

Player avatar

Rome Send PM

subscriber

Kleio said:

A mistake was made when using a command and whole server was summoned into an event.

That seems like a dangerous and unnecessary command! Hopefully not to much extra work to set everything right!

Player avatar

Jayru Send PM

People who do events live to gamble. Let it ride, please.

Player avatar

Kain1986 Send PM

Ive wondered what happened. I have lost all my quest items and other items what ive need for dragon quest...sitting for it for hours....hope i can get my items back...was a lot of work...

Greetings

Player avatar

backdrizzle Send PM

Was it only accounts that were logged in at the time?

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

hmm.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

I never do tournaments but today I decided I would. I don't regret it. That was hilarious.

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

Darkavh Send PM

Lol that video!

Player avatar

Jayk Send PM

Jayru said:

People who do events live to gamble. Let it ride, please.

We were teleported to the event without a warning... With everything you were wearing and in inventory... If that is gambling with events, then i'm Miles Davis.

Player avatar

Lexy Send PM

Was legitimately funny. I was afk training at rats and thought I must've somehow accidentally joined lol

Edit: LOL watching that video.. I liked our collective "wtf" train haha

Last edited by Lexy (7 Apr 2018 22:05)

Player avatar

Labyrinth Send PM

subscriber

Imagine just how insane this...

How many of us have made the joke of asking Mods or Admins to spawn KBDs and Reapers in edge for the fun of it? Well, tonight was the more sinister version of that. Everyone fights. No one quits. Everyone got summed in to fight. We need more of this unexpected mayhem. How about an earthquake in Edgeville, or a long drought where no fish or sharks could be caught? How about a Banker's strike where they refused to work and nobody could access their bank? Make this shit real.

So glad to have been a part of that massacre tonight. History was made tonight.

Last edited by Labyrinth (7 Apr 2018 22:34)

Player avatar

Ethanfisher Send PM

Thank god i didn't go on yet (phew)

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Lately I've been waking up to chaos, nothing new lol. Hope you get it buffed out. Everybody makes mistakes.

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

minerminer Send PM

subscriber

Lol yee. Sad I missed it..

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

What about users who used xp eggs? will we still have the time on reboot due to staffs mistake or will we be punished and forced to take the loss?

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

JediMindTrix said:

What about users who used xp eggs? will we still have the time on reboot due to staffs mistake or will we be punished and forced to take the loss?

Anyone who lost boosted xp time should contact me directly over pm, would be best over Discord.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Really sorry about this, totally unprecedented accident and will never happen again. (Except consensually)

Also, is it bad that I laughed really hard irl?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Jayru Send PM

Billy said:

Really sorry about this, totally unprecedented accident and will never happen again. (Except consensually)

Also, is it bad that I laughed really hard irl?

After watching the video, I'm kinda sad I missed it. That would be a hilarious event, as long as it is a rare event.

Also,  I misread earlier when this was first posted. I thought it was a consensual event.