Hello, for the past few days I've been working on an automated Hunger Games event.
The event is real simple, whole mechanic is just like in the movies we all probably know:
1) Just like in our automated survivals or lottery a vote or donation can start the event. Person that is starting the vote or donating for the event chooses if the event is p2p of f2p and what kind of stats "class" will be used in the event, the list would be probably something like this, this is an object for discussion: - Flats; - 90s; - 70s; - 33s;
2) Players participating are teleported to a waiting area before the event, before they can teleport into it, they have to empty their equipment tab and inventory, entering the event is will cost 50k or it will be free if event has been donated;
2) When teleported to the waiting area players have to choose what kind of stats exactly they want to use in that class, for example if 70s class is chosen, they are given a list of variation of stats that keep them in the 70s stats range, when they choose it their stats are changed to the ones they have chosen.
3) When event starts participants are teleported to a custom large event area, when starting participants receive only a potion set and a few sharks, any other gear or supplies they have to find in support crates that they will find on the map or in the ones that appear periodically. Also there will be npc's with customised drop tables that may drop food or other needed items.
4) Over time the area you're allowed to walk in will shrink and map will get smaller and smaller forcing any camping players towards the centre of the map.
5) Last man standing wins the prize pot or the funds donated.
6) Upon death or when the event is finished all items gathered during the event are removed and original stats of the character are returned.
I have questions for the players regarding stats: What kind of stats should be offered in the event? Is having stats variation in a level class even a good idea, maybe everyone should be on exact same stats like pures vs pures, flats vs flats and ect. so everyone is on a level playing field? If you like the idea of stats variations in a level class please suggest what stats sets should be offered, that would help a lot!
How long should the event take? That would be determined by how fast the map shrinks and how many supply crates are offered I can make it fairly quick of offer players chances to run around and gather supplies, would you enjoy quicker fights or longer survival challenges?
ETA for the event release? Well I'm doing solid progress since we already have a solid foundation for automated events already, if I have enough time irl I hope to release this in couple weeks time.
Make the length an option as well tbh, more people will get involved if a lightning round option is on the table, and leave the long survival option in there for good measure as well, but I know that if I'm into something I'm not going to want to necissarily pay 40k and lose 2 hours every time one comes up, but I'm definatly down to spend 10-20 mins if possible.