Item renting/loaning/lending

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Topic is pretty straight forward.. thoughts?

Players would be given a option to lend other players items in game for agreed price and time period.

Last edited by skillystr (26 Mar 2018 21:52)

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Not a good idea.  We as mods will not get involved if you loan items and they are not returned.  This sis opening up to a storm of scams. 
There is a sign in Edgeville outside the south bank

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Mod Pepsi said:

Not a good idea.  We as mods will not get involved if you loan items and they are not returned.  This sis opening up to a storm of scams. 
There is a sign in Edgeville outside the south bank

Well it would be programmed to return said item to the owner. So no scamming, just a good way to make money tongue

Player avatar

linkisababy Send PM

subscriber

No support, seeing how the only reason to lend is for expensive rares for kids to lend to friends on diff iP to look rich to scam you since there's no way to know if it's there hat or not anyone could drop trade to a diff iP and now your fk'd.

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

hm rs2 had a system similiar to this. you could loan 1 hour -24 hours. it was untradeable and at the end of the time returned to the owners bank

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Antmann Send PM

subscriber

No rules against renting out an account I believe. With that said, I have a flat for rent if anyone needs to farm high level npc or even pk. Just bring your own gear and food.

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Mod Rah said:

hm rs2 had a system similiar to this. you could loan 1 hour -24 hours. it was untradeable and at the end of the time returned to the owners bank

Exactly, as Pepsi said, open to scams but coding is straight forward, borrowed items can't be dropped, traded, used in wildly and if killed by npc or player it automatically returns, but I see what Pepsi may be on about, if not coded right could have lost items. Would be developers fault then.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Yeah, the whole point of this is to safely lend items without any possibility of being scammed. It's like that on rs3 IIRC.

I'm all for it, but it should be way down on the priority list, especially if it's difficult and or time consuming to code the programming in terms of items disappearing or glitching which would cause a huge mess.

So +1, but only if it's quick simple easy thing to code. Otherwise I'd rather see that time instead contributed to actual updates.

Player avatar

icebong Send PM

subscriber

i like this idea code it so the item cannot be dropped or traded or staked and if you try to walk in wildy it automaticaly deposits to your bank, not much to go wrong if done right, and you could lend new players full gear knowing your going to get it back

Player avatar

Maj Send PM

subscriber

pls make renting a thing! just like the rs2 model, +1 that.