March 2018 Newsletter (Egg Hunt, Deadman, Slayer)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Chocolate eggs are lining the stores, which means it's almost time for...

Easter 2018!

Countdown to event start:cya_1522134000.png

Our in-game Easter event will run from Tuesday, March 27th through Monday, April 2nd (US - Pacific Time).

All players will participate in the Easter Egg hunt, where there are multiple ways to get eggs.
One way is randomly by skilling or killing.
Or, you can find the Easter Chunny, the cute chicken bunny hiding throughout rscrevolution that gives Easter eggs as prizes.
You can open these eggs for a burst of XP in a skill of your choosing, as if a genie were granting your wish!

For patient adventurers, don't open your eggs!
The Chunny will exchange them for a new cosmetic item which will be discontinued after the event!
Finally, players will be able to enjoy 48 hours of double XP during the Easter event week.

We are excited to see who can hunt the most eggs and make the most gains this event, and we'll share the full details right before event goes live!

Note: These two items from previous Easters will become permanently untradable after April 2nd: 1-hr double XP egg, 3-hr double XP egg.

52aa13c80fc816acfbd14e762f47bd13-bunny-silhouette.png

Other notes: there will be free PK weekend March 17-18.

End of Deadman: Season One

c27044d9baabc2e8abe851f3846a9063.png

Deadman mode (DMM) was originally introduced as an endless game mode.
Unfortunately this has caused the mode to go stale and wane in popularity.

We have decided to restart DMM completely and run it as a seasonal tournament!
(You will not be able to create a new DMM character until S2.)

The Season Two Deadman tournament will begin in Summer 2018 and run for 2-3 months.
Subscriptions and cash prizes will be awarded for the best PKers and skillers.
To make it fair for everyone, old DMM chars will have to be retired from the mode at the end of every season.
This means they'll be changed into normal characters, with XP reduced proportionally.
Season One DMM will be converted to regular before the start of Season Two.

Here's some stats from Season One:

overall.gifDeadliest Deadman: Try This. This was a contentious category with a lot of honorable mentions. But the mage tank Try This stands at a blistering 81 kills, 1 deaths.
overall.gifMost skilled Deadman: Skull Kid. Successfully making it to rank 1 on the DMM highscores for skills, Skull Kid is the only listed DMM player to have maxed 99s in all skills.

Congratulations and a big thank you to all the players who participated in Season One!

Scope of Slayer Expansion

We are still working on slayer, but it's unlikely to see a March release. We'll avoid spoiling the new monsters, art, and items until release is imminent, but players have had a lot of questions about what slayer will add in general, which I can answer.

Slayer isn't just a new skill, it's actually a full expansion for RSCR. We aren't limiting ourselves to OSRS's vision of slayer, we have our own vision which has to be perfect to the look and feel of RSC. That means new monsters are coming to the deserts, jungles, frozen wastelands and volcanoes of rscrevolution.

It also means a lot of other new content is coming. We'll be expanding existing locations in the game, adding depth to areas you thought you knew by the back of your hand, as well as adding some new locations to the game map.

There will be new weapons and equipment for melee combat, magic, and ranged combat, which every seasoned player will be clamoring to acquire first.

There will be new armor and jewelry, with powerful abilities that let you take on outlandish beasts using strategies never before seen in RSC.

(And, it goes without saying, this is not even counting the new items and gear you'll need to defeat the new monsters.)

Finally, we will adding new abilities, such as spells that fundamentally change the way high level players travel around the game.

And, of course, everything will be fully balanced for RSC and not affect PvP in any way.

Closing thoughts

Thank you for reading our Easter 2018 newsletter!
If you're curious what other development we've got cooking, check out our new in-game automated tournament system (1, 2), as well as our Update Logs.

See you in-game!
Billy, Kleio, n0m, and the rest of RSCRevolution Staff

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

trogdor41487 Send PM

subscriber

That's just great no more dbl exp eggs, this is going to be the first Easter since I joined I'll have some time to play and this fucking bullshit.... Awesome!

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Note: These two items from previous Easters will become permanently untradable after April 2nd: 1-hr double XP egg, 3-hr double XP egg.

Whyyyy

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

trogdor41487 said:

That's just great no more dbl exp eggs, this is going to be the first Easter since I joined I'll have some time to play and this fucking bullshit.... Awesome!

Oh well, you're still getting double XP during the event at a time of your choosing.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

So its the same as christmas one but with easter theme? tongue

Lol...

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

-----Note: These two items from previous Easters will become permanently untradable after April 2nd: 1-hr double XP egg, 3-hr double XP egg.

Haha what?  What is the purpose of this?

----Other notes: there will be free PK weekend March 17-18.

Please dont add this before you perfect it,  its just full of bugs
This is a great idea which has been added in worst way

Last edited by Stolt Archer (13 Mar 2018 13:11)

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Most of us have bankers. I have all or my eggs "in one basket" (or on my banker). So I have to decide now which characters to transfer them to now not knowing whether or not it's the right decision. I don't typically sell my eggs. I use them for prayer on flats.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

is the cosmetic item tradable? or loseable aka or is it like the old classic bunny ears that ypu just had to go to varrock and ask for them back form an npc?

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Billy said:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/run … 0717044609Deadliest Deadman: Try This. This was a contentious category with a lot of honorable mentions. But the mage tank Try This stands at a blistering 81 kills, 1 deaths.

Let's just say Gamble and I are the most successful and feared Deadman mode players of all time, 216-17 just in wilderness kills between us, if non-wildy kills counted it would be 300+. If we were to make a comeback for season 2, all hell would absolutely break loose and there would be fires and rioting across REV. #trythis #dmmrandom #fannyfart #lumbytrain #willwereturn

hOC7RN5.png

Oh and how could I forgot, yes, congratulations Skull Kid! The deadman player who never died and made it to max total, but also never PK'ed or left the safezone and used mules to gather supplies. Excellent job there mate, you really are the best deadman player

PS: WHAT WILL THE PRIZE BE FOR DEADMAN SEASON 2 FOR THE WINNER/S AND WHERE CAN I COLLECT MY PRIZE/S FOR BEING TOP KILLS IN LAST SEASON? MANY THANKS

Last edited by o0ps13 (13 Mar 2018 13:42)

Turtles

Player avatar

Diztordit Send PM

subscriber

Can't wait for herb pouches

Player avatar

Rex1005 Send PM

SLAYERR BOIIII. I FKS WITH UPDATES THANK YOU BILLY ID LET YOU HAVE ME IF YOU WANTED wink

**Lol i was drunk**

Last edited by Rex1005 (14 Mar 2018 11:07)

batshoes Send PM

Really exciting!
Thanks for all your hard work guys.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

I predict bunny tail is the holiday item.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hi, just a quick reminder and heads up that Deadman mode Season One characters are about to be imminently discontinued, and converted into normal characters! All XP will be reduced to the amount that would have been gained using normal RSCR rates.

If you are unable to log into your DMM character now, it is because it is being converted, and you should try again in a day or so.

Player avatar

eggy2 Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Hi, just a quick reminder and heads up that Deadman mode Season One characters are about to be imminently discontinued, and converted into normal characters! All XP will be reduced to the amount that would have been gained using normal RSCR rates.

If you are unable to log into your DMM character now, it is because it is being converted, and you should try again in a day or so.

And those who got killed and trained to flat over and over again,  will that xp be taken in consideration?

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

eggy2 said:

Billy said:

And those who got killed and trained to flat over and over again,  will that xp be taken in consideration?

Unfortunately no, as that is part of the risk of DMM. We just wanted to find a way to make the DMM chars useful to you even after the season is over, which is why we decided to convert them.

Season One DMM have been converted!

Your deadmen chars are now normal characters, with all their items intact. Since DMM has boosted skill rates compared to non-DMM chars, XP had to be adjusted in order for seasonal DMM retirement to not unfairly outstat normal chars. DMM chars enjoy 2x, 3x, and 4x, the combat, pray/mage/range, and skill rates that normal chars do, so those stats have been divided by those amounts.

We'll announce season two and its rewards further down the road.

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Since DMM has boosted skill rates compared to non-DMM chars, XP had to be adjusted in order for seasonal DMM retirement to not unfairly outstat normal chars. DMM chars enjoy 2x, 3x, and 4x, the combat, pray/mage/range, and skill rates that normal chars do, so those stats have been divided by those amounts.

If I understand you correctly, I can't say I agree with that. They had boosted xp because of the risk. I understand changing their accrual rates going forward, but penalizing them for training with risk of being killed is bs. That was a key trade off.

Player avatar

Araim Send PM

Finally, players will be able to enjoy 48 hours of double XP during the Easter event week.

How does this work? Will it be double xp for the first 48 hours that you're logged in or will there be a consumable to activate it? Maybe it's only dxp over the weekend?

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Players will be able to initiate their double XP period at any time during the Easter event week, whatever is most convenient for them! This won't inflate numbers as much as doing a simultaneous double XP over the weekend, but we find this way is the best way to please busy players.

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

trogdor41487 said:

Oh well, you're still getting double XP during the event at a time of your choosing.

The time of choosing part helps , :-P

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]