Limit Number of Times You Can Win Tournaments

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

People are complaining that the same people keep winning the tourneys and this discourages them from wanting to do tournaments.  Why not limit the number of times an IP can win a tourney in a day, week, or whatever?

The rules could allow for the same IP winning a tourney of a different setting, maybe.  Would all depend on what made the most sense for the server.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

I don't think we should punish a player for being good / lucky and winning tournaments.   

That is just not right, no matter how many ways you try to twist it into being right...

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

I don't think we should punish a player for being good / lucky and winning tournaments.   

That is just not right, no matter how many ways you try to twist it into being right...

It's not punishment unless it makes that player like tourneys less.  It is punishment to the non-elite players when they no longer want to play tourneys because it's no fun.

Like I said, you could allow for the same player to win once on every type of tourney, just not the same one.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

It is punishment when they can't play because they win "too much".

If someone finds it not fun because they can't win, or haven't won yet.... it's like asking for a participation trophy...

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

It is punishment when they can't play because they win "too much".

If someone finds it not fun because they can't win, or haven't won yet.... it's like asking for a participation trophy...

Not exactly...
You would still have to vs everyone who didn't win yet.  The winner of that would get the trophy.

How about if you had already won, you could only tourney against someone else who already won?

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

People are complaining

Get them all here, I bet it's one or two people who've barely PK'ed for 5 minutes in their life.

No proxies

Turtles

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

o0ps13 said:

People are complaining

Get them all here, I bet it's one or two people who've barely PK'ed for 5 minutes in their life.

No proxies

Have you noticed how more and more tourneys aren't filling?  Ever wonder why?

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Eww Bald said:

o0ps13 said:

People are complaining

No proxies

If you can't enjoy a free event that costs nothing to join with a chance of winning some good loot because you lose to more established PKer's or to bad RNG why the hell are you even playing lol your thought process is honestly so backwards, yeah let's punish the players who are good at the game, let's punish people who have more than 1000 of any item in their bank as well, let's make it so all the people with 500 kills and kill cape can't go wilderness anymore, sorry but from this point onwards nobody is allowed to be good at the game because it's not fair for noobs!

Plz stop making these shit posts on my forums thanks

Turtles

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Ban anyone good from wild so Eww Bald has chance

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Heavens hell do more tourneys and eventually ull beat them

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

The only way to get better at something is to have competition. If you are against every1 who sucks, obviously you should win. If anything, it'll make you worse at whatever it is you're competing in. This applies to anything not just RSCR. Grow up.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Eww Bald said:

I have not hosted a tournament yet that has not filled.

The only ones not filling,  are the ones that players donate to start,  but not enough people are online...

Which is why Kleio has changed the code to allow an 8 player tournament.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

3o5 said:

The only way to get better at something is to have competition. If you are against every1 who sucks, obviously you should win. If anything, it'll make you worse at whatever it is you're competing in. This applies to anything not just RSCR. Grow up.

This is silly and ignorant.

If we all had time to waste playing RS all day this would make sense but some people have to actually work etc..  I'm suggesting we have different tournaments for different skill levels (at least after the no-lifers have had their go at it and proven they are the very best at online game).