Why Multilogging and Botting are Effectively the Same

Player avatar

HankBlockHitta Send PM

subscriber

Maybe i dont want to talk sometimes.. is that a problem? Or is it boting?
Most of the time i have chats turned off so i can focus more on skilling.

Last edited by HankBlockHitta (14 Feb 2018 12:08)

No face, No case!

Player avatar

Tragic Send PM

Another thread about multi-logging! Thats over 3 threads in 2 weeks. I wonder what a solution could be...

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Lets do same solution as last time and watch same thing happen!

O what you know the crap people still be crap and not pk YAWN

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

HankBlockHitta said:

There have always been antisocials like yourself on RS, it's just a fact.  The problem is when multilogging turns normally social people antisocial.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Eww Bald said:

However, effectively speaking they bring about similarly negative effects.  Botting is a way that players can get more XP, etc., with less time invested actually interacting with the game, as is multilogging.

Don't think you understand what those terms actually mean...

Botting = No work involved (other then starting it), getting free rewards / loot / xp  (not to be confused with afk training) / whatever for no effort = Bannable

Multilogging = People sitting there DOING ALL THE WORK just split between multiple windows, ie click to mine a rock, then other window/char click to fish, while batching, click to fletch on another etc etc.  100% polar opposites.

I tend to ignore people unless they are asking about clues, or asking questions indicating they are actually new people, ie "does this server have an AH?" "Where can i find those colored armors", but that's me, busy with other stuff.

If you want to put 100% effort into one screen not doing anything else..Go right ahead there is nothing wrong with that.  I choose to run 2 guys doing easy clues, 1 doing medium, one sitting at the AH scanning for things im looking for, and sometimes my 10x clue holders sitting in edge..usually while im watching a video or podcast on my other monitor.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

HankBlockHitta Send PM

subscriber

Eww Bald said:

HankBlockHitta said:

There have always been antisocials like yourself on RS, it's just a fact.  The problem is when multilogging turns normally social people antisocial.

Dude if you bored and have no shit to do but just talk, go to Edgeville there is alot of people who not antisocial.  Peace!
(Join team or make some friends)

Last edited by HankBlockHitta (16 Feb 2018 10:42)

No face, No case!

Player avatar

AxisFreak Send PM

subscriber

I can agree and disagree with a lot of the comments made. Sadly Eww Bald I think that if you attempt to do anything that could have any sort of adverse impact on the PKing aspect of this game they will shoot you down every time. This server massively caters to PKing. I do agree that multi-logging has a detrimental impact on the game. Plus it dissuades people from trying to PK on the server. People who have been playing this long are multi-logging in the wildy with their range accnt, mage accnt and melee accnt and hitting you with them all at once. I know I know... Everyone starts yelling here and says "YOURE NOT TAKING AWAY MY CHARACTERS I WORKED SO HARD FOR". However this leaves a massive gap where new players dont want to pk...and why would they? They would have to fully level 3 different accounts just to be a challenge for the veteran with 3 pure accounts running.

She called me a D Square so I gave her that D Long

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

AxisFreak said:

I can agree and disagree with a lot of the comments made. Sadly Eww Bald I think that if you attempt to do anything that could have any sort of adverse impact on the PKing aspect of this game they will shoot you down every time. This server massively caters to PKing. I do agree that multi-logging has a detrimental impact on the game. Plus it dissuades people from trying to PK on the server. People who have been playing this long are multi-logging in the wildy with their range accnt, mage accnt and melee accnt and hitting you with them all at once. I know I know... Everyone starts yelling here and says "YOURE NOT TAKING AWAY MY CHARACTERS I WORKED SO HARD FOR". However this leaves a massive gap where new players dont want to pk...and why would they? They would have to fully level 3 different accounts just to be a challenge for the veteran with 3 pure accounts running.

I used to think this, but it's not true.

When one ip was brought in, the "new people", "less experienced", "skillers" never pked anyway.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Nyx said:

AxisFreak said:

I used to think this, but it's not true.

When one ip was brought in, the "new people", "less experienced", "skillers" never pked anyway.

The thing is, nyx, he's speaking for himself, as am I.  I tried pking on this server like I used to back in the day and it sucked.  I got a real feeling of playing against a stacked deck.  It's just not fun and I don't want to build multiple accounts just to pk. One is enough.

People are directly stating what's stopping them from pking; it's not complicated.  There are only so many ways for everyone to be happy pking and the best way to make that happen seems to be to make it the way it used to be on rscrevolution.  I never had any complaints till bots got bad so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't prefer skilling but this server forces me to do my #2 activity since pking is so perverted here.

Last edited by Eww Bald (17 Feb 2018 03:07)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

You keep missing the point, the server was 1 IP it didn't work.

Opinions don't matter anymore because it was changed and we saw the effect, I'm not guessing if 1 ip works or not, we know for a fact it doesn't because it was done.

Before 1 ip, we had the same, "I would pk if it wasn't for multi etc" but they never did!

There is no point speaking about it as if, it might work, we know it doesn't.

Look back on this forum I was the guy pushing for 1 ip more than anyone, because people kept saying they don't pk cause of multi etc, I thought great lets make it 1 ip and get more action, but they are bullshitters, they don't pk whatever happens.

Like you, you don't pk because of multi, but you won't mind if it's 1 ip fighting vs a team of 15 people on your own? hmm

If you want to PK on this server you need friends to help you, that's a fact of life, there is usually 3 uniques at castle and another team of 2-4 attacking them, that's how it is, if you want to go solo vs 3, 4 etc and your inexperience you will die over and over. It's your own fault if your too lazy/anti social to make friends.

There are some terrible pkers who come PK, including with the people I PK with but, they still come have fun and try, where are you?

Here's an idea why don't the 4 or so crying for 1 ip, make a team....and fight us

Last edited by nyx2 (17 Feb 2018 07:58)

Player avatar

dead pkers Send PM

subscriber

AxisFreak said:

This server massively caters to PKing.

Is this some sort of joke?

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

1ip wildy rotation 2 days a week 1f2p 1p2p.

Let the server have days where noobs can see for them self.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

KizL said:

~K!zL

We did see? it was dead.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

nyx2 said:

KizL said:

~K!zL

We did see? it was dead.

Na, we just did it 24/7 and for maybe 2 months when we weren't even gaining new players. That's not trying at all.

Rotation is the way to go.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

KizL said:

Rotation is the way to go.

There is already too much rotation, you have a huge area for 1 v 1 and then another area for 1 ip already.

Player avatar

Rockslide Send PM

Personally I don't pk because I'm just no good at it. Tried many times, but just end up losing all my stuff. Not worth it to me.

Player avatar

Tragic Send PM

Rotation for the win.

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Player avatar

Vanillacoke Send PM

Yeah the multilogging is bs for pking. But until its fixed might as well keep exploiting it. Make a high def amd habe two rangers / mages or o e of each and just use tank than pew pew with ranger/mage and its gg within a matter of 1 or 2 runs to attempt to eat n heal.

How come every time there is an issue people always cry about the problem instead of finding a solution?... Can't do the same things and expect different results...

Player avatar

Vanillacoke Send PM

Besides, if everyone can do it, its really not considered cheating. From what i can tell the people who are crying about this are quitters anyways. Too lazy to lvl more than one pker to be anti multilogger but want to complain because someone else actually DID THE WORK to get the 3 or 4 multiboxxed pkers. Why punish them because they did the work and reward you for being one lazy f***....

Player avatar

Vanillacoke Send PM

What is one ip gonna do anyways? I got a pc & 2 phones. Can play pc on wifi & each phone on own service so even with one IP there are plenty of ways around it. Can download an app to change IP. People could go to starbucks or anywhere else with free wifi and play one phone on service other off starbucks wifi and bam the multiloggers still gonna multilog. My point is regardless of whats done, they will still be able to multilog.