Woodcutting change

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Okay this change really boggles my mind. Woodcutting was one of the more social skills in game, now it is extremely antisocial,  not only that it is now near impossible to make money with it. When you have more than one person on magics that tree is going to be gone right away, and that means standing around doing jack. The way it was, was totally fine. You guys already screw up fish for weeks when you do free pk weekends. So basically herb is the only skill you can make any money IMO.

The reason given for the change is kind of rediculous  IMO. Do you mods who thought of this change even play the game? Do you not realize this is a social game where we are supposed to be playing it together and having fun? Please change it back.

If anything WCing could have used some perks, like a functioning guild. If you want to keep it "fixed" I ask that you add a mess of magics in the WCing guild and add the ability to cert magic logs in there, or add a bank. If you add enough magic trees in the WCing  guild and add certs or bank then it could become a social skill again.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

But at the same time the thing is WC was way too easy way to make money. At least now people (Timmons) can't sit at the magics 24/7 cutting trees and making millions of gps in a heartbeat.
But I do agree on one thing, the way the trees act now is a bit stupid. Multiple players on same tree and pretty much one gets one log or so, not the wisest decision, but batching after the tree was gone? that was just ridiculous.

IMO woodcutting should still be a thing without it taking too much effort. It is hard to balance though.
There also should definitely be a woodcutters guild of some kind.

Lol...

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

We mods do in fact play the game.....

The way was working, way way out of whack.  When people discovered the bug,  not one person reported it to a mod or admin. It was used for way to long. And it caused a huge crash in the price of magic logs. THAT is how admins figured there was a problem
The was magic, and all trees,  work now,  is almost the same as in rscrevolution rsc.  You can still make good bank on them.  Seers, grand tree area,  and legends guild has them.  I personally never cut at seers while working on 99, because I knew how trees worked in rsc, and assumed it was the same here. 

Anyway, Kleio had mentioned making a change,  in order to make it a bit better again.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Tbh I did mention about it couple of times to a mod(s) and I was told it is being fixed soon. It is unfortunate that people won't seem to report bugs of these kinds, they just want to earn with it.

Lol...

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Well how about we have a poll amongst woodcutters? See if people see this as a positive change or a negative one. See if this helps bring people together or make them hope no one comes around when woodcutting.

Seers' magics is now mostly empty, when I go by there is one person standing there and not 4 to 6 people like more often than not before the change.

I made friends at magics instead of enemies like now will be the case. There is enough negative energy coming from pking that we need things to do that bring us together. That is what makes a strong player base. Not activities that pit us against each other at every turn.

I would like to see a compromise in the very least with a bunch more magics, yews, and maybe maples in the woodcutting guild with the addition of magic log certing inside the guild. Of course I would like to see many more people's opinions on the subject. This has been a major change with no discussion or feedback that I am aware of.

And Cola, I ment no disrespect and worded  my OP badly. I am sorry that I came out so negative.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

I recently got 75 wc on my main account to try out the wc skill and did find myself hoping no one came around when I was at yews because if someone did I ended up hating them for taking "my" xp away.  Once I got to mages, I gave up wc altogether.  Yeah, I can't imagine this is good for business.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Mod Pepsi said:

The way was working, way way out of whack.  When people discovered the bug,  not one person reported it to a mod or admin. It was used for way to long. And it caused a huge crash in the price of magic logs. THAT is how admins figured there was a problem

Wait, what?  That was totally contradictory.  If mods play the game, then how did it go unnoticed for so long?  There's no way they couldn't have.  Most players, including myself, assumed this was how the trees were supposed to work, so that when they're camped by 5-6 people you still got some logs.  It should certainly be encouraged to report bugs, but ultimately it's not our responsibility.

I feel changing the way the trees work was the wrong approach.  It would be better to look at why the change was necessary.  People were farming on multiple accounts so they could acquire mass amounts of logs to sell on the AH.  Why is there so much of a value for the logs?  Because of the high alch value of the bows.  The solution is to change the alch value of bows.   This reduces the demand on the AH, which reduces the amount of people multilogging to cut the tree, which eliminates the issue of fighting over trees.  Make it less profitable, and everybody wins (except for dudes woodcutting on 6 accounts).  What the current change is doing is just making it harder for people who are actually trying to raise their woodcutting/fletching level.

Last edited by S O B BSpace (6 Feb 2018 16:57)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

S O B BSpace said:

Mod Pepsi said:

Wait, what?  That was totally contradictory.  If mods play the game, then how did it go unnoticed for so long?  There's no way they couldn't have.  Most players, including myself, assumed this was how the trees were supposed to work, so that when they're camped by 5-6 people you still got some logs.  It should certainly be encouraged to report bugs, but ultimately it's not our responsibility.

I feel changing the way the trees work was the wrong approach.  It would be better to look at why the change was necessary.  People were farming on multiple accounts so they could acquire mass amounts of logs to sell on the AH.  Why is there so much of a value for the logs?  Because of the high alch value of the bows.  The solution is to change the alch value of bows.   This reduces the demand on the AH, which reduces the amount of people multilogging to cut the tree, which eliminates the issue of fighting over trees.  Make it less profitable, and everybody wins (except for dudes woodcutting on 6 accounts).  What the current change is doing is just making it harder for people who are actually trying to raise their woodcutting/fletching level.

This post was made by a sensible person.  Make him a mod, please?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

PattyKane Send PM

subscriber

That’s stupid. Alching bows is a great way for Ironman to make money. The mods made the right change.  Leave it alone.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

PattyKane said:

That’s stupid. Alching bows is a great way for Ironman to make money. The mods made the right change.  Leave it alone.

Why do ironmen need to make money??

Player avatar

backdrizzle Send PM

Perhaps keep the batching the same but add the part where if you had +5 people there,the trees spawn faster. Also make it so ppl can't have multiple accounts there farming them. Satisfies both sides. The way it is now, is like pulling teeth

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

backdrizzle said:

Perhaps keep the batching the same but add the part where if you had +5 people there,the trees spawn faster. Also make it so ppl can't have multiple accounts there farming them. Satisfies both sides. The way it is now, is like pulling teeth

+1 to this.  Even better, make 1 ip for all prime skilling areas.  Competing with an afker is just adding insult to injury.  There should be a big advantage to actually playing, no matter where you are ingame.

Last edited by Eww Bald (10 Feb 2018 20:05)