[Optimized!] About that last update...

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Many of you were reporting instability and FPS lag issues after our recent update which introduced the in-game worldmap and two-step verification.

As you know, rscrevolution came out in 2001 and could run on just about any hunk of junk with a dial-up connection. The computers back then had less power than your smartphone, which is why rscrevolution optimized this game in many ways private server developers have since overlooked. This is one of the reasons you experienced frame drops when the world map, a massive project, was released in RSCR.

Good news after the jump...

latest?cb=20160805142034Unidentified Gower brother exhausted after a day of game optimization c.2000

Well, n0m has had a breakthrough which caused him to rewrite entire portions of the client system. This has optimized the game to make it run much more smoothly. As a result, we are now enjoying a massive increase in FPS in-game, on PC and droid! These optimizations also allowed us to reduce the world map size by 100MB.

In short, your RSCR experience should now be faster than ever before, even faster than our client was before the world map!

Other fixes:
-Projectile bug fixed
-Staff crowns fixed

Note:
On some slower devices, if you're walking around / performing actions with the world-map open, the game may still run slowly until you close it. This will be fixed soon.

Stay tuned in the Development Logs and Discord for updates in progress!

Best regards,
Billy

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Yay! (y)

Lol...

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

Fun fact rsc came out in 2005

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

Chedster Send PM

Not trying to be an ass here but I myself have been playing RSC long enough to have nemorized most locations that I would seldom have need for the map. With the exception of Karamja and the Ogre Onclave. I can see how this feature would really help out newcomers and people still new to the game. I doubt even veterans would have every square inch of this game entirely memorized. I still have trouble memorizing where stuff is in tree gnome stronghold and I pick flax there all the time

Player avatar

Nikedunk4win Send PM

subscriber

didn't know people who play rsc PRIVATE server did not play play rsc? so busy about making a map instead of fixing other bugs that need fixed? you did a great job on the map.. now put that effort into bug fixing.... and fixing the pk system here....

btw any1 who played RSC knows every spot on the map and IF they didn't they sure as hell know how to use google.....

please keep the effort you put into this map into fixing bugs. and IF you for some reason need another list of bugs ill gladly send another list......
ty,
red viper

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Nikedunk4win said:

didn't know people who play rsc PRIVATE server did not play play rsc? so busy about making a map instead of fixing other bugs that need fixed? you did a great job on the map.. now put that effort into bug fixing.... and fixing the pk system here....

btw any1 who played RSC knows every spot on the map and IF they didn't they sure as hell know how to use google.....

please keep the effort you put into this map into fixing bugs. and IF you for some reason need another list of bugs ill gladly send another list......
ty,
red viper

We are putting effort into every aspect of development. There were bugs fixed in this patch that weren't announced, I'll gather a list of them soon.

"btw any1 who played RSC knows every spot on the map and IF they didn't they sure as hell know how to use google....."
It really seems like people don't. Besides, not everyone can be bothered to google and not everyone will know where to start. Worldmap is easily accessible and shows everything, not only RSC areas but also RSCRevolutions custom content. You can't see what fish you are able to get from a fishing spot from a bare PNG image, or type quest name into search bar to see the exact point in the map where it's starting point is, can you? This world map is much more than just a map, it's the most important guide and tool game can have. Not everyone has been here for 10 years and only to PK.

If you ignore this fact that there's new players who haven't played RSC before and do nothing to help them get into the game, you will lose a large group of people willing to play this game, only because you are stubborn and assume everyone is on same level of knowledge as you.

Player avatar

sadpk88 Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

panther king Send PM

n0m said:

Nikedunk4win said:

ty,
red viper

We are putting effort into every aspect of development. There were bugs fixed in this patch that weren't announced, I'll gather a list of them soon.

"btw any1 who played RSC knows every spot on the map and IF they didn't they sure as hell know how to use google....."
It really seems like people don't. Besides, not everyone can be bothered to google and not everyone will know where to start. Worldmap is easily accessible and shows everything, not only RSC areas but also RSCRevolutions custom content. You can't see what fish you are able to get from a fishing spot from a bare PNG image, or type quest name into search bar to see the exact point in the map where it's starting point is, can you? This world map is much more than just a map, it's the most important guide and tool game can have. Not everyone has been here for 10 years and only to PK.

If you ignore this fact that there's new players who haven't played RSC before and do nothing to help them get into the game, you will lose a large group of people willing to play this game, only because you are stubborn and assume everyone is on same level of knowledge as you.

+1 for helpin noobs out, noobs make RS RS. that being said I feel like GPS is the reason even our vets don't have everything memorized, no one has spacial knowledge anymore, I will say that I do though, got errr place almost memorized, the only thing that throws me off is where specifically underground and interior areas sometimes lie relative to the overworld.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

n0m said:

Nikedunk4win said:

ty,
red viper

rekt

Turtles

Player avatar

N3crohat3 Send PM

I need help. Ever since the world map update, I haven't been able to update the mobile client. It gives me the option, but never starts it.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

N3crohat3 said:

I need help. Ever since the world map update, I haven't been able to update the mobile client. It gives me the option, but never starts it.

Do this

Uninstall
Clear your cache,
then DL the newest apk.    https://www.rscrevolution.com/download. … oid_Client
When you open client, IF it says update available... tell it do not install

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

yo @n0m holy shit lol wat u do to the game

I played here 3 and a half years or so now, never known it to feel this smooth, with the world map implemented too that's insane lol. u are well and truly a god

I honestly had my doubts when I first heard about the map and when I saw n0m saying how much memory it was using, I had a feeling it could cause fps problems etc for everyone

but the fact u have managed to implement a fully working and accurate world map and at the same time make the server smoother than its ever been and use far less CPU than any other server is just fking incredible lol, why people play other servers still i'll never fkin know - you're by far the most experienced, dedicated and passionate developer currently on the scene. keep up the good work

Last edited by o0ps13 (7 Feb 2018 00:28)

Turtles

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

o0ps13 said:

I played here 3 and a half years or so now, never known it to feel this smooth, with the world map implemented too that's insane lol. u are well and truly a god

I honestly had my doubts when I first heard about the map and when I saw n0m saying how much memory it was using, I had a feeling it could cause fps problems etc for everyone

but the fact u have managed to implement a fully working and accurate world map and at the same time make the server smoother than its ever been and use far less CPU than any other server is just fking incredible lol, why people play other servers still i'll never fkin know - you're by far the most experienced, dedicated and passionate developer currently on the scene. keep up the good work

You forgot one thing Oopsie!

Insert "MIC DROP"  here

This is by far the smoothest ANY RSC server has ever run..  EVER

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

I've noticed a huge difference in gameplay since this last update, main one being delays are now for me a thing of the past. I can change direction almost instantly whereas before it was super delayed. So 10/10 GJ.

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Dragonstone Send PM

Nice!!!!!!! Been playing for the past 12 hours or so.....no lag to speak of. This is the stuff greatness is made of.

Player avatar

Tartan Send PM

Good job!

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Alikben1 said:

Fun fact rsc came out in 2005

lold.

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

o0ps13 said:

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

gojven Send PM

subscriber

Nikedunk4win said:

ty,
red viper

Lol I know ALOT of people that play here that literally only knows wilderness and the way from lumb to edge. 8-D

Player avatar

supersonny2 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

I'm on android and is the screen suppose  auto rotate?

-I can be your superman-