In-Game World Map! 2-Step Verification, and SSL!

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

New Launcher Required for update Click HERE for Android!!
                             Click HERE for Desktop!!

Hi,

We're super excited about this new content. In short, this update contains:

1. A fully functional, interactive in-game world map, accessed in bottom-right corner of client
2. Added optional two-step verification for account security. Never lose your character, even if the hacker has your password!
3. Website is now secured with SSL (secure sockets layer), using https. Our new email server is also secured by SSL.
4. RSCR cache optimized and reformatted, now using a high-end obfuscator so our work doesn't get stolen

World-Map

A standard in RPGs yet never before attempted in RSC, the in-game world-map is boon for new players and veterans alike.
This is absolutely a fantastic achievement for the community, and a triumph of n0m's coding abilities as well as the abilities of all the staff who pitched in to place the information and icons.
Features:
  • Worldmap drawn from latest landscape and objects cache for fully accurate and up-to-date experience
  • Points of interest labeled with keywords and icons for your convenience.
    Wondering which fish are at this location? Hover over the icon for details.
  • Skip the Wiki. Interactive search bar shows you exactly where you want to go.
  • Full map includes dungeons, upstairs levels, and hidden areas.
  • Click the world map button on the bottom right corner to get started.

8541205458349a94061230d6d15fa445.gif
40fcce2cba235ccbd7d9d522a5ba7d49.gif

Two-Step Verification

When you log in-game, you will be prompted to enable Two-Factor-Authentication.

4fe4354bf15b5c16851ca67d0346d5f8.png

Simply navigate to the wrench menu, and open Account Security to set up your verification email.

124dbbaf22f92e23279fcdbb1dc76e62.gif

You will receive a verification code which will allow you to authorize your account.
From then on, any time your account is accessed from a new location, the new location will have to pass a verification test.

You can manage your  list of whitelisted IPs at the Character Manager here on forums.

Web Security

RSCRevolution now uses SSL. You can see our certification by clicking on the lock next to the url on your web browser.

36f55e22f2303148ed5a1a0c2453a1ef.png

We've also secured our email server with SSL, and bought a high-end obfuscator to make sure our new developments stay with us!

If you find any bugs with the worldmap or any new content, please use the Support button in the wrench menu ingame.

See you out there!
Billy, n0m, and RSCRevolution Staff

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Lowriderchop87 Send PM

Awesome

Player avatar

Lowriderchop87 Send PM

Thx you all for all the hard work

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hi guys, droid is up! Install the fresh APK.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]

Player avatar

TimmyTinyTank Send PM

I installed update, pressed login after typing in pas sword on clent. Closes says client has stopped, r&r' d, still no access?

Player avatar

Chedster Send PM

Same here. (Droid)  Installed new client loads up just fine except once I enter my username and password and hit ok screen goes black and app crashes.

Player avatar

Bosston Send PM

This update to me was an unusual swing and a miss. Ive been a dedicated player for a while now. A fair and helpful player who enjoys the classic i used to love back in the early 2000's. I play on a PC and have always gotten 35-40 frames per second and the game was smooth. Now Post update i cant even get the launcher to open or have it as a desktop shortcut (as ive always had) but whats worse is now i cant get more than 6 frames per second which is unplayable. Im not discrediting the Staff, ive always been a fan of everything this server does but to exchange all those frames per second for a nifty little map function in game is annoying because now it forces me to not be able to play. I know they did alot of security upgrades that admittedly i dont understand but again at what cost. All i want to know is, is there anyway i can go back to any semblance of what the game was yesterday? is this permanent or can it be fixed?

Thanks
Bosston

P.S.
i just found out that if i make my window wicked small it brings my fps up to 12-15 but i used to be able to max the screen

P.P.S
I just want to say that between the time i wrote the post and the time i logged on the next day the issue had resolved itself...so,  sorry for the impatience on my part fellas.

Last edited by Bosston (5 Feb 2018 04:20)

Player avatar

P S I Send PM

I agree with you bostrangs,

It would be good to even have a toggle to turn off the new features so they dont interfear with the fps

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

There are still some kinks to work out with optimizations for Droid, so bear with us.

Player avatar

gftygod Send PM

subscriber

I have a issue with the android client I install it it downloads but every time on open it the client keep saying it needs updating even though I have

Player avatar

rodie Send PM

can u please upload this world map on the webserver?
i dont use it 'ingame'.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

rodie said:

i dont use it 'ingame'.

I am pretty sure this will be done.  smile

Player avatar

Slim 5 Send PM

Great job on that map, n0m & company.  I hate you all but speaking on your innovation, like billard said, in the rsc community, you guys show more TLC for the game than any other gang out there and it shows in the program.  Ya made it a good game to play, a good time away.  Thanks.

Player avatar

ned Send PM

subscriber

I don't even play anymore but it is awesome to see what you guys have accomplished over the years. Keep up the hard work.

Player avatar

Mod White Send PM

rodie said:

i dont use it 'ingame'.

Open link:
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 626#p84626

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

In addition to the things listed on the main post, there was multiple optimizations and tweaks and fixes which we will write update log about later.

EDIT:
I've figured out a way to make the world map available to everyone, reducing it's memory heap requirement from 125M to only 7.5M. I will be pushing an update soon.

Player avatar

Joeyblue Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Android is still  bad with fps im lucky if I see it at 20 I was at 40-50 before update

Player avatar

Tragic Send PM

Would be awesome to set a target like in GTA map, and then just follow it to your desired location. If this is already implemented, sorry for misreading.

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Player avatar

ConeyMontana Send PM

subscriber100donor

I suggested a waypoint like your saying to n0m and he said it was possible.

#1 MINER

Player avatar

Tragic Send PM

ConeyMontana said:

I suggested a waypoint like your saying to n0m and he said it was possible.

ahh yes, correct word would be waypoint. Thanks Coney.

Real eyes, realize, real lies.