New "Hiding" attribute.

Player avatar

Heir Send PM

Hello, so I'll start this off with a scenario we're all too familiar with.

You're walking through a dungeon, trying to get to a specific area, but LITERALLY every single monster you com across attacks you for the rounds of hits, it takes you
5+ minutes to get anywhere, and you may have wasted some food aswell.

Back in the day, rscrevolution knew this was a serious problem for the community so they were developing a attribute called "Hiding" I don't remember the specifics of how
it worked, but I'm pretty sure it was something you could add to your armour and it gave you a % chance of hiding from monsters as you pass them. (Depending on how many jewels, or whatever you use to add an attribute to your armour) 
Example: *Add one Blessed Ruby to: *select Rune helmet* = One Blessed Rune helmet with a Hiding chance of: 15%.

This could be applicable to all types of armors, and if deemed necessary for economic reasons we could have it degrade, forcing you to re apply a Blessed Ruby every once in a while.

What do you think? I'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions on how this could be implemented.

Thanks,
Heir.

*edit: I know the item doesn't exist yet, but maybe we could have it as a common reward from clue scrolls, both giving it an adequate price and demand, whilst giving people a reason to do clue scrolls.

Last edited by Heir (27 Jan 2018 09:34)

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

Not bad idea in my opinion. Would have to disable it in specific places tho like wilderness so you dont walk past all those npcs for hardened anvil etc

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

Jan Send PM

Decent. Support

Veteran mode player

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Dungeons are meant to be dangerous.  Always have been and always will be.

Allowing you to get there without having to pass through the danger would be like giving you a trophy just for participating.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

-1 to the idea, the higher combat level you go; less and less monsters will attack you. Of course there are certain high level monsters that area always aggressive, you just got to deal with it. No pussying out and hiding behind mommys skirt pls.

Lol...

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

-1 but I hate not being able to walk through them if they're not Argo.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

3o5 said:

This.
I hate it so much! Enemies blocking the way even if they are not going to agro. . . Makes me cry loudly-crying-face_1f62d.png

Lol...

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

3o5 said:

Same over here . Collision with not agressive mobs is such a pain in the **s and thats 1 of the reasons i stopped pvming -.-

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

REMOVE COLLISION But don't remove aggression.

Having to attack scorpions to get past them in the Taverly dungeon is a huge pain. I remember being able to walk through npcs in rsc, the random npcs you can and cant walk through makes no sense. >.>

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

TnT FoX said:

Having to attack scorpions to get past them in the Taverly dungeon is a huge pain. I remember being able to walk through npcs in rsc, the random npcs you can and cant walk through makes no sense. >.>

+1

Player avatar

Heir Send PM

pajser91 said:

TnT FoX said:

+1

+1

+1

+1

Last edited by Heir (4 Feb 2018 18:23)

Player avatar

MayDai Send PM

Player avatar

Slim 5 Send PM

+1, im gettig too old to hide behind my nostalgia.