PK/Castle Tweaks 9/26/17

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

-Mad Zeonk now lives up the ladder in the Lumbridge bank by the spawn, in addition to roaming Edgeville.
Skip the Skipper. If you die while PKing, you can re-gear and Zeonk will teleport you to the desired wild location.
Keep in mind if you just died Zeonk will not talk to you for 90 seconds.

-Added a bank to lvl-13 wild Castle western exterior.
This addition was a player-favorite during castle events, now it is there permanently.
Note that if you were just fighting someone, you will have to wait 30 seconds to bank.

-Added an altar to castle courtyard.
Since most of the fighting there happens just outside castle, you will still have to walk a little through the hallways to recharge.
Due to its location it shouldn't feel punishing to players who trained high prayer.

-Fire Giants removed from Castle courtyard.
In development it felt too powerful to have such a good farming spot so close to a bank and altar.

This should allow regearing and getting back into wilderness without having to take unnecessary steps. We were almost constantly being asked for events to be opened to Castle for easy teleporting, and this should satisfy that itch while freeing up mods to run other events.

also,

-Green Dragons (lvl-69) moved a little north to Level 25 Wild west of the easternmost Obelisk.
We wanted to make it harder to run from PKers. Now farmers there will have to keep their wits about them.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Thank you, and unlimited free tps with zeonk as long as skulled?

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

beatdown said:

But do remove P2P from the rotation, make another permanent P2P area

p2p has a perm area, f2p has no perm areas, it's stupid, sick of logging in p2p 3 hit retards

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

beatdown said:

nyx2 said:

beatdown said:

But do remove P2P from the rotation, make another permanent P2P area

p2p has a perm area, f2p has no perm areas, it's stupid, sick of logging in p2p 3 hit retards

I understand that, but apparently the reason why we can't have good and consistent PKing is largely because some people have lower level P2P pkers, that they would get girly mad over not having be as effective in high wildy.. i guess.. So give them a lower level P2P area with a bank underneath, that way those couple of people who would actually choose it over F2P can stay there permanently, and stop fucking up the server for the normal people, finally.

Here:
https://i.imgur.com/IWLbRg4.gif

I call it 'The loony bin', and it is the answer to all our prayers. EZ.

That have a permanent low lvl pk area for p2p under edgeville.

The reason it's not popular? cause only about 2 people actually like p2p pk

But you're right give them that, lets see how many turn up.

Last edited by nyx2 (27 Sep 2017 14:46)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

beatdown said:

I can't think of anything worse than allowing people to force a castle fight to become a DM, by running in there, with 0 catching even possible, not to mention the countless free escapes RNG will inevitably provide, thanks to the NPCS on the way in and out of there.. What an aidsfest.

No one is running through the rats into the castle to recharge during a fight. I only see people using it after fights. I can put the altar even further away in the northwestern room if we want.

Nor do I get why you can have a bank at Castle, essentially only usable/accessible to the winning team/biggest numbers after every fight, but you can't have free teleports from Edge to Castle via Zeonk?

I think you're being too theoretical with this, because there is a bank 5 tiles from lumby spawn so the losing team can just as rapidly regear and return.

The p2p and ring changes are something i want more people to weigh in on.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

beatdown said:

No i'm saying anyone can simply walk in to the altar, and stay there, and then the other guy has 2 choices: Follow him and DM him, on his terms, or don't fight at all
And if one guy decides to try and leave the DM, it's basically up to RNG if someone lives or dies, depending on how the rats will attack, their timing, and your numbers on them, etc.

That's really if people start taking the battles to the courtyard rather than outside the castle, which hasn't been the case so far.

wasn't the whole reason for not giving out convenient castle teleports to help androiders and skillers from not being too disadvantaged against multiloggers? The winning team, lets say multiloggers, will already have all their characters at castle when the fight is over, in your scenario, and even more convenient banking and re-parking with the chest up there.

If this becomes a problem it's easy to set the bank combat timer up higher, meaning the attacking and defending squad would get to regear at the same time. We tried to restrict multilogging and people responded by not PKing here. Now the only place multilogging is forbidden is the Team Fortress. Going back to theory, it seems the answer to multiloggers is to get more buddies to help you fight them; the answer to big teams is multilogging; and the answer to wanting to PK solo is the 1v1 wild with green dragons etc. in the east.

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

Billy said:

We tried to restrict multilogging and people responded by not PKing here. Now the only place multilogging is forbidden is the Team Fortress. Going back to theory, it seems the answer to multiloggers is to get more buddies to help you fight them; the answer to big teams is multilogging; and the answer to wanting to PK solo is the 1v1 wild with green dragons etc. in the east.

Multi logging is too complex issue to tackle IMO.

Multi logging can be used in the most awful way but it also creates a lot of pking by giving odds back.

What I don't understand is the people who are anti being multi logged but fine with 5 v 1ing someone.

What a lot don't understand either is, they think when I fight them multi vs 3 of them and they loose that "if it wasn't for multi logging, they would of won". But the reality is if I couldn't of multi logged I just wouldn't of turned up to fight 3 v 1.

The fort just isn't good from any point of view, making people fight in a box just doesn't work, it's so closed in, it's just a dm arena. I think honestly this is what is lacking in the staff, none of you understand PK, we don't want DMing, we don't want a DM arena, we want people to be able to escape all angles, we want them to run off, escaping is what makes RSC pking good. Then taking out multi logging as well has meant it's impossible to fight unless exact numbers since it's no multi log and a box where you can only run straight south.(west is pointless because you're then stuck with north or south run, even south is bad because west is sea, east is chaos dwarfs). I like the idea for the fort, but it needs scrapping and starting over.

Player avatar

Actumen Send PM

subscriber

Any chance of recreating Fire Giants spot somewhere else in wildy?