Sept '17 Newsletter (Development Sneak Peak and POLL)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

September 2017 Newsletter

Hi all,

We know you've been busy solving treasure trails and fighting deadmen, but we wanted to give some preview of our future updates, as well as request some feedback on our choices for development!

SCAPERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

Mod Kleio has been developing a new minigame, originally based on the mod-run hunger games events but also taking influence from the new famous survivalism shooter PUBG. The goal is to be the last person alive, and this is accomplished by out-looting, out-fighting, and out-smarting your opponents.

Players will be dropped onto a large new custom landscape with maxed stats but no items.
They will forage in nearby buildings for single-time spawns of weapons, food, armor, etc, and the livable zone will shrink incrementally forcing players into smaller vicinities until only one remains.
ao7qlc.pngPlayers participating in an earlier, smaller incarnation of the hunger games event.
All stats will be returned to normal and items removed when the game ends, with the winner receiving their proverbial chicken dinner (but better).

We are very excited for this minigame queue, so let us know what you think!

Runecrafting?

67e9903ef7b0803403cc0e66de4d9534.pngMagical ruins have always held sway over the mysterious forces of rscrevolution.
This segment isn't confirming that runecrafting will be the 18th or 19th skill added to the game, but we are heavily considering it at this time and want your feedback. PKers have complained of a shortage of runes in circulation and expressed an interest in increasing runes drops. This solution would actually lead us to nerf the quantities of runes that NPCs drop because runes would become a skiller supplied PK commodity, just like food, and skilled players can craft based on demand.

In the meantime, we will soon buff mage bank rune store to make runes more readily available.
1e55a2881355d882ebee03155a7adaed.png

Slayer!

We've been slow-cooking Slayer for a while, and although it's getting closer, it isn't quite time to serve it up to you yet. The new equipment, items, tasks, NPCs and areas associated with the skill are being revised so that we can provide an experience that is completely faithful to the existing look and feel of RSCR, the same way treasure trails was implemented as a fully classic release. This new skill will bring you to exotic locales, and teach you new strategies for dealing with all the slayer monsters that always belonged in the world of RSC but just hadn't been added yet.
c287174d8ac9fb1814373c0159005d12.pnglevel-180 Sapphire Dragon in progress
ysUyebZ.pngA preview of the skill tab as it will appear with slayer included
We will say more about slayer in a stand-alone post later on.

Wilderness Changes

We are zeroing in on a plan of action to reinvigorate PKing. These vary from the concrete to the theoretical.

ce84b0bf012afdda71c231a8a2325af4.pngRough map of RSCR wilderness. It could fit ten underground passes!

The original wilderness was designed to support hundreds of PKers roaming it at any given time, but its vast landscapes of haunted trees and dirt tend to serve no purpose on a server with an immediate population not in the thousands. So one of the biggest problems with the wilderness is just that: it's so big, even with a bunch of people doing their own thing they aren't likely to see any action. Some ideas we are mulling over are:
a) Adding even more teleports in addition to the obelisks to make the wilderness feel faster to traverse
b) Literally shrinking the size of the wilderness by halving the distances between popular locations
c) something else?

We are also actively buffing farming locations in the wild so that spots with the most risk are always the highest reward.

HP/Prayer/Fatigue sidebar

We will be rolling out this feature to include PvP / wilderness. Previously it was only available out of PvP situations. This was popular on PK servers years back and players have expressed a desire for it here.

uU33jpx.png

Team Fort PKing

Remember team territory, the wilderness island where clans feuded to determine who can enjoy the experience bonuses and loot autobanking? It's been through a few major iterations, from when it was castle+ to when it became a more open area with four rooms.

Fort v1 Preview (click to show) ▼
Fort v3 Preview (click to show) ▼

Since introduction it seems to have lost that spark that made it so attractive. We want to get team battles going again, and we are considering a few different options to do so including changing the design of the territory (a mixture of v1 and v3 with new elements), only activating the territory during certain hours, or some other option. Please let us know what you think.

More QoL Updates and In-game World Map

Continuing with our quality of life updates, will be releasing an in-game world map which you will be able to activate within in the client. It will have the following features:
-Shows landscape and object placement of live server
-Draws names over notable locations, cities, etc.
-Draws live player locations of mutual friends (unavailable in wilderness except for: team, party)
-Potential implementation for travel/teleport use

Current worldmap by Glen (click to show) ▼

So, we know you're really busy with everything in-game but please let us know what you think if you have time!

Billy

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

tehdeag27 Send PM

Player avatar

Universal Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

yay nice one  !!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/zh/1/13/Runescapeclassic_combat_ranged.gif[/img]
[img]https://image.prntscr.com/image/UseXRzwAStKldQZfSTic3w.png[/img]

Player avatar

grampaflower Send PM

subscriber

Scaperunknown battlegrounds i really like the idea.  Reminds me of old james bond games in a way

Player avatar

The Serpent Send PM

Update Skill Guilds to actually benefit from being able to access the guild.

Mage Bank rune buff should also be applied to Mage Guild since that content is locked behind a level requirement where mage bank rune store is not.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Cool!

F runecrafting, least fav skill in rs2

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

Players hoarding runes and all other stuff, i bet there are plenty runes ig . The reason behinde imo is this , lets say a player sold 10k fire runes for 85 gp each , the lowest he is gonna sell next time is 80gp (maybe) but since players can see other players offers in AH , theres always gonna be some1 who is gonna sell cheaper . So the price gonna drop every new offer in AH .so lets say the price dropped from 85 to 60 , the players who sold for 75+ gonna take out thier offers and dont post it back till its in "demand" . Same with all the other stuff ig . So my idea is , make AH like GE in osrs , where u cant see other players offers or how many items are posted . Ik items like undi herbs wouldn't work with GE and i don't know if players would like to clean herbs insted of ID , but i bet not. Maybe make a special market for herbs . Players would stop hoarding runes and other stuff .

Or maybe even add a buy limit on runes and some other stuff , just so players with alot of gp can't buy out all the cheap offers and later sell expensive.

Dunno about RC or Buffing Mage bank rune store . Majority of players dislike RC , i myself would love to see it ig . Players would park alt accounts at mage bank and buy off the fire,airs,death runes . I think alot of pvmers would dislike that idea . I myself as an pvmer and skiller dislike it , since thats gonna ruin the fire,air death rune market.

Last edited by pajser91 (12 Sep 2017 06:54)

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

Yes to Runecrafting and yes to buffing all rune stores. Buffing rune stores isn't gonna effect the price of runes that much.

Yes to Slayer, I'm gonna fuck with that

Yes to more teleports for wildy but the thought of a smaller wilderness excites me, I've walked over 300k tiles just on Deadman, let alone the probably millions I've done walking around wildy in last 3 years on Reg chars.

Yes to sidebar, it's not overpowered at all for PVP, people that struggle to eat struggle to do so because they suck or because of ping or something, not because ''it's hard to do simple math'' or that they can't see HP at side.

No to fort, send Kim Jung to nuke it. Caused problems since day one. Having it open for 2-4 hours a day and the controlling team determined by pre scheduled 1ip clan wars could be fun though and make things a bit more interesting. Winner of the battle gets a small reward each and also are rewarded with being in control of the fort which can not be raided by opposing teams for 30 minutes after the scheduled 1ip battle has been complete, once 30 minutes is up it's a free for all to control the fort until it closes.

GJ noobs

PS: Please fix ''zoning bug'' out of wilderness for Deadmans. When near to safezones, there are spots where one player can cast or range damage to their opponent but if there opponent tries to fight back they are greeted with a message that their opponent is too close to a safezone and to move further away. Very frustrating

Player avatar

knoxx Send PM

subscriber

No to runecrafting.everyone whos to lazy to farm, buy in ah.

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

knoxx said:

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

Lazy lazy lazy, you're so lazy! Lazy! God damn, it's no wonder there's no PKing on this ancient game. You make this game seem like work. You probably play it that much too

Last edited by dmm Random (12 Sep 2017 09:46)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

knoxx said:

Runecrafting is right the opposite of lazy. Skillers will be able to help with supplying the runes PKers need.

Player avatar

knoxx Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

knoxx said:

Runecrafting is right the opposite of lazy. Skillers will be able to help with supplying the runes PKers need.

I know exactly what runecrafting is about. ive been on servs with rc.

Player avatar

knoxx Send PM

subscriber

And dear oopsie, You're the one not having a job so wouldnt be a problem for you to farm.Its not like u are going to do rc anyway :*

Player avatar

DeadTTc345 Send PM

Runecrafting would be great on Deadman, I have a hard time getting enough bloods or nats

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Great about mage bank store will instantly help pk.

Both fort designs are too closed in, it needs no moats, no walls etc, its still just straight south only to run, east side then makes you only able to go 2 directions. Even south escape the west is then screwed by chaos dwarfs. Time limited fort is best, 4 hours a day 2 2 hour sesisons 12hours apart

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

For wild itself we just need more things to increase traffic and flow

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

kweef Send PM

subscriber

buff npcs in wilderness, DB EXP for one week, u will get players.

and you girls talking always about slayer, and rc.. were the fuck is the update??? stop showing us useless pictures.

REMOVE THE DAMN 10k taxa for teleport to wildneresssssss!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kweef (12 Sep 2017 16:16)

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

how about a boost in combat xp games

Player avatar

OsourO Send PM

subscriber

Agree with everything you guys are doing. It all sounds great and im glad to see so much coming to the server. But please for the love of god add bank tabs i beg you. As an android player it is damn impossible to keep my bank organized and the swap/insert doesnt seem to work on mobile. But even if it did bank tabs are an absolute must please. Thanks keep up the good work!