Team Fortress Wilderness Skilling Castle KOTH!

Player avatar

Oopsies Back Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

That youtube vid was amazeballz.

~K!zL

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hello. Here's some progress on the actual territory system:
1ae82e5128cd95af768610c4c3424b5a.gif

7d464c652a5eb475dbfb958c7fd755cb.png
f67e1e3f7884f24fff5728707ee57c48.png

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

beatdown said:

I can't believe you actually went with the timer on bank transfers, i really don't get the idea there?

Can you explain your reasoning?

Just make it normal banks, for normal people imo

More incentive to gain control of and defend it if you can steal other peoples work. Normal banks make it too safe in my opinion.

Player avatar

ohshtwaddup Send PM

subscriber

I like the idea of a timer,

To me it makes the community go grab pkers and theres now a profession in it.

Like skillers are going to need good pkers to keep em safe, the pkers can get a cut of the cake from work they put in makin sure the skillers are safe

Jfc u guys are pioneers

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

As a skiller  I'd rather skill outside of wild still. unless the spots gave noted items, then had a bank timer, maybe... but I'll pretty much never risk my reward to a team of pkers.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Au2er Send PM

subscriber

Muh dick

team australia

F2p wild 24/7 below the fence please.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

All that's left is to add the rest of the objects/npcs for training, I'll post when this is done. Then the entire system will be live.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

This is team content, team content will always require team work to accomplish reward. PKers keep skillers safe, while skillers gain your team resources.

Player avatar

boxu2death Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

n0m said:

This is team content, team content will always require team work to accomplish reward. PKers keep skillers safe, while skillers gain your team resources.

I am pretty sure this is not how it will work. Swedes and TeamDK will have the spot permanently with 0 challengers ever, apart from each other, but they don't even really confront each, just sort of slide around each other if possible most of the time

Just like before, hotspot will be a permanent +bonus for the strongest/biggest team

Instead of using this opportunity to get more people into wildy, and get a taste of the good stuff, you're essentially cementing the current situation

It must be a FFA area, where everyone can go try their luck, and eventually form alliances, or you might aswell just save your fingers for something else as it will never be used any more than the old hotspot -probably less infact, as you have to be there and present all the time, and more chance of dying for no reason.

I am confident enough to say that i KNOW most skillers probably won't even do more than a quick walk by to see the design in game, and then never go near it again.

Just let the skillers skill, and let us kill them. Everything else is only in the way

I often disagree your posts and statements, but this is gold.. +1

Player avatar

Exotic Dance Send PM

subscriber

As a skiller I would rather skill outside of wildy and not risk reward to pkers.

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

Exotic Dance said:

As a skiller I would rather skill outside of wildy and not risk reward to pkers.

They get no reward with the bank timer. deposit your shit into the bank thats 5 squares away.. only reward they get is a kill here and there which is all pkers care about and then you can just come back. you both win

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

trotalong1 Send PM

subscriber

As a skiller myself I have a team of skillers and none of us are pkers. I would definitely go in wild and risk my items to get skilling supplies and XP. But if I understand this properly. There will be no chance for me or my team as skillers to even bank any supplies we manage to collect from new area as the likes of teamdk and the Swedes as beatdown said will just run it with no challenger's what so ever. I know you can't please everyone and your working really hard behind the scenes to keep the game interesting but this update isn't for me. And probably won't be for most skillers either as we'll all just get pked right away by big teams. I know the wild is meant for pking but skillers need an incentive to go in wild and by the sounds of it. If I'm skilling on my own in the new area say cutting a tree... My XP will go down (so no incentive there) I won't get to keep logs as they go in a bank which ain't mine or my teams (no incentive there) and some badass pk team are gonna come along 2 mins before the hour ends and 3 man team me or whatever and get any supplies I've gathered (no incentive there). So this is obviously a update for pkers only correct? As no skiller in his right mind is gonna enjoy this update.

beatdown said:

n0m said:

I am pretty sure this is not how it will work. Swedes and TeamDK will have the spot permanently with 0 challengers ever, apart from each other, but they don't even really confront each, just sort of slide around each other if possible most of the time

Just like before, hotspot will be a permanent +bonus for the strongest/biggest team

Instead of using this opportunity to get more people into wildy, and get a taste of the good stuff, you're essentially cementing the current situation

It must be a FFA area, where everyone can go try their luck, and eventually form alliances, or you might aswell just save your fingers for something else as it will never be used any more than the old hotspot -probably less infact, as you have to be there and present all the time, and more chance of dying for no reason.

I am confident enough to say that i KNOW most skillers probably won't even do more than a quick walk by to see the design in game, and then never go near it again.

Just let the skillers skill, and let us kill them. Everything else is only in the way

Last edited by trotalong1 (14 Feb 2017 19:58)

Throw me to the wolves, and I will return leading the pack.

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

Team DK is very inactive... Crane and DK haven't played in over a month, Gleu's M.I.A / Retired because he got cleaned.. Teemu and Glory literally don't log in, Lars plays a couple of hours a week, I play a lot less recently, Gamble probs plays the most out of all of us. How are we supposed to continually control it if none of us are skillers lol, swedes will be the one's controlling it / having ten people logged in at a time, we will be the ones there PKing them I'd assume. I'd be more than happy to offer protection in the form of well known bodyguards such as Teemu, Lars, Glory in exchange for small rewards so skillers can skill there in peace.

tl;dr - Team DK barely plays, I personally think you should just be able to bank into your own bank or team bank with  a timer. Then there's a real incentive to be there and always be there/want to be there. But what do I know, first server I've played with anything like this, I'm not a skiller and I know everyone cares a lot about the economy. But surely there would be no chance for people to get insane amounts of items out of it if there's constantly people contesting it, which is the overall goal, right?

tl;dr v2 - Team DK doesn't play much, but when we're online we will go where ever there is PKing, regardless of the rules at said place

Last edited by Oopsie (14 Feb 2017 20:10)

Player avatar

Monkpk Send PM

subscriber

At this point we need to follow Pegis advice and just give free pk items, stats, etc. and let wildy be a separate form of the game pk would be for bragging rights & high scores only.

Player avatar

Monkpk Send PM

subscriber

Also I expect kizl to have input on everything except what the topic reads.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

the idea is fail.....atm way
to small of a user base for one....i never get to talk to n0m so hes really losing out on huge and great content.

Last edited by fear nothing (14 Feb 2017 23:18)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

fear nothing said:

to small of a user base for one....i never get to talk to n0m so hes really losing out on huge and great content.

Make a suggestion thread and if players can smell what you're cooking then n0m will think about it.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

fear nothing said:

Make a suggestion thread and if players can smell what you're cooking then n0m will think about it.

kk

Last edited by fear nothing (15 Feb 2017 00:26)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Mod Shred Send PM

trotalong1 said:

As a skiller myself I have a team of skillers and none of us are pkers. I would definitely go in wild and risk my items to get skilling supplies and XP. But if I understand this properly. There will be no chance for me or my team as skillers to even bank any supplies we manage to collect from new area as the likes of teamdk and the Swedes as beatdown said will just run it with no challenger's what so ever. I know you can't please everyone and your working really hard behind the scenes to keep the game interesting but this update isn't for me. And probably won't be for most skillers either as we'll all just get pked right away by big teams. I know the wild is meant for pking but skillers need an incentive to go in wild and by the sounds of it. If I'm skilling on my own in the new area say cutting a tree... My XP will go down (so no incentive there) I won't get to keep logs as they go in a bank which ain't mine or my teams (no incentive there) and some badass pk team are gonna come along 2 mins before the hour ends and 3 man team me or whatever and get any supplies I've gathered (no incentive there). So this is obviously a update for pkers only correct? As no skiller in his right mind is gonna enjoy this update.

beatdown said:

n0m said:

Personal XP is unaffected

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

trotalong1 said:

You're correct and it needs work. lol This was suppose to help skillers and its not really at all.... tongue

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook