Good ideas, bad execution

Shuzer Send PM

There are some very cool ideas on this server.  Nice cosmetic changes.

But this one of the worst rsc servers ever.  Second probably to the E one.  Not the original E, but the current.

This server crashes like mad.  That can't happen.  If parsing data causes crashes, you get it fixed.  Spend the money on guru to go through the code line-by-line if need be. 

If you have a corrupt mod (pepsi, et al.) who destroys the server integrity, you don't keep the server going, you restart it. 

I see remnants of good ideas like deadman mode partially implemented.  New bosses just carbon copies of old.  No thought on how to fix any of the problems.

Do a crowdfund, get 20000 GBP.  Hire someone who knows what they're doing.  NOT CURRENT DEVS.  They suck and it shows.  You don't want to add on to broken code.

Terror should probably leave or have more of an advisory role.

Other than E, this is the worst server ever conceived.  But it had some great ideas.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

Subscriber

I dOnT LiKe THiS SeVEr heReS WhY yOU ShOuLDnT EItHER.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
fkgmebI.png
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Shuzer Send PM

KizL said:

I dOnT LiKe THiS SeVEr heReS WhY yOU ShOuLDnT EItHER.

~K!zL

I've never seen a java application crash as often as rscrev and I was building/compiling with netbeans.  I reported this problem years ago.  Terror, who I assume is in charge, doesn't care about the problems.  I don't think he's interested in developing a great server -- and he should step aside if that's the case.

Lolhole Send PM

kleios in charge dumb fuck and he doesn't care, there's no devs out there, you're deluded, Fate/N0m are as good as each other, anybody else isn't even worth mentioning nobody cares if they were big in 2011 cos they aint shit now

only way to save rsc is merge all 3 servers, start from scratch and slowly implement QOL/content with a huge online count otherwise it's toast in the next 12-24 months