Web client?

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

I know at one point there was one. If not on this server another but really I think it'd be a great way to get people to try it.
If somehow it was playable from the phone slightly could give an incentive for new players.

Just a thought

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Xyz123 Send PM

subscriber

I might be miustaken, but I do believe that this is the only version of RSC that supports mobile play? It is Android only, unless you have a jailbroken Apple device. There is a link on the website for the Android client. For 99% of my game time, I play on mobile, it's fairly easy if you have a phone with a screen similar to that of a Samsung S10+ or greater.

Last edited by Xyz123 (25 Mar 2021 22:19)

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

^ I could be wrong too but I'm like 75% certain a few other servers have mobile play.

Kizl, you're definitely not mistaken about the web-client. I've been here since 2014 and I do remember using it a handful of times when my desktop client was screwing up.

It should absolutely be restored. Many people want to try it first without downloading, making acc, etc. Getting to the game to try it should be as easy as possible.

Player avatar

Aonbyte Send PM

subscriber

Java runtime environment isn't supported by browsers anymore for security reasons. So have to find a different way to run it.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Synbios said:

^ I could be wrong too but I'm like 75% certain a few other servers have mobile play.

Kizl, you're definitely not mistaken about the web-client. I've been here since 2014 and I do remember using it a handful of times when my desktop client was screwing up.

It should absolutely be restored. Many people want to try it first without downloading, making acc, etc. Getting to the game to try it should be as easy as possible.

yea, the ease of access is key.

Aonbyte said:

Java runtime environment isn't supported by browsers anymore for security reasons. So have to find a different way to run it.

I know of a web based game that runs like RS did. Not sure what they're using to do it.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook