Ultimate obsidian amulet

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Are you sick of wasting inventory space while training slayer or farming, with having to haul around a slayer amulet and dragonstone amulet for teleporting purposes? Try your luck at creating the best amulet in the game.

Simply combine your Obsidian amulet with the other two.

It's not ready to use yet though. It must be activated. Summon your courage and throw it into the hardened furnace...if you're lucky, you will be able to lay your hands on the Ultimate Obsidian Amulet!

It has all the stats of the original obsidian amulet, along with permanent teleports to the same locations allowed by both the Dragonstone amulet and the Slayer amulet. The quick, but nagging task of charging these amulets will forever be a thing of the past, and you'll also never have to waste inventory space again.

Player avatar

Xyz123 Send PM

subscriber

If this ever happens, I'd go for this 100%.

Last edited by Xyz123 (22 Feb 2021 01:51)

Ilovepoo Send PM

sounds a bit OP  maybe if they lower the success rate to 1% or so at the furnace then maybe

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

From what I remember, the Obsidian Amulet was given no teleports exactly because it would make it situational, instead of just being BIS and the best pick in every situation.
In that aspect it seems to have worked very well.

I'd be pretty hesitant with implementing amulet variations with unlimited teleports (let alone combining them). I guess it can be a hassle if you only have a single charged amulet, but if you charge at least a full inventory at a time, or multiple inventories (easily done with quest cape for dstone or simply walking from the fountain to the edge hub bank chest for slayer nowadays), it's not as much of an issue. It does take a few more batches if you aren't subbed on the character used to charged, I guess.
I personally just take two of each when doing clues or other kinds of activities that require a lot of teleportation. Alternatively I combine it with wearing a quest cape in case the amulet happens to run out of charges.

In many cases you only need one of each, and when using a slayer amulet to reach areas, it's easy enough to teleport out and back in for banking (just use quick-gear to refresh amulet charges).

I'd be very, very careful not to make anything like this too easy to get (I believe it's a 1 in 25.000 chance to get an eternal glory at the fountain of rune in OSRS?)
Do keep in mind that the wilderness is much more active/risky there, unlike this place where you can just find a quiet moment most times of the day). It's relatively easy to charge dstones once you've unlocked the requirements, but cutting away the charging entirely has quite an impact. 1% chance is still stupidly high in my opinion, for what it offers.

-1 to ultimate obsidian amulet from me personally
Not against dstone and slayer amulet variations with unlimited tps, but I'd rather see the idea more fleshed out first before slapping on a +1 smile

Last edited by Vinkie (23 Feb 2021 22:39)