Runecrafting feedback and suggestions

Player avatar

Lemuria Send PM

subscriber

Since nobody else seems to do it....
Figured i could give you guys some suggestions and feedback on the current airbending skill.
since its a lot of rambling ill add the TL;DR first.
-------
TL;DR

Current airbending sucks
Cons:
>adds nothing new to the game
>only air runes are viable
>forced ironman

Pros:
>nobody will ever need air runes again
>afk mining method

suggestions:
>Balance xp/multiplier
>make new content,combination runes
>relocate wilderness altars
>tradeable essence
>different types of essence
>consider"tiara's and pouches"
>slayer staff charging
>soul runecrafting
>essence as monster drops
---------------
Pros and cons after:

pros:
>skill could be called runecrafting instead of airbending
>solves the "lack of runes"
>new content
>adds to the economy
>possibly makes dead content alive

cons:
>its still fucking runecrafting
----------------

Please correct me on any wrong assumptions.
first off the reason why the skill was added,from my experience of listening to the players here, runecrafting was not added because
its such a fun skill or anything... it was added to combat the so claimed shortage of runes for pkers which personally i think is false
but you guys should have the actual stats so lets assume it is right. pkers wont use the skill, so you have to make it while considering the content for skillers as well.

right now the skill adds nothing to the game besides a number too raise and an absurd amount of air runes..

1 option is there was an oversight with the xp gained from multiple runes,
the other was this was intentional.. whatever your design choice is.. it needs fixing

Assuming the exp multiplier is intentional i suggest you either customize the multiplier table to give for example all basic runes the same growth
or increase the base exp per essence on higher leveled runes by a lot so they can compete with the current airbending even if they give way less runes.

Another fundemental flaw is fact that essence are not only untradable, but also require 50 mining.
by doing this you created the first skill that actively requires another skill at a decent level.
not only that but you also force everyone to play ironman..

All raw materials for any skill are tradeable, there is no reason essence should not be the same.
also having players be able to hire people for essence running how simple it might seem, adds content.
but lets say you are extremely against the idea of people running,simply only make noted essence tradeable.

Now another big issue is that the skill adds nothing new to the game,
every skill should at least add something fresh to the game...even with RC it shouldnt be that hard to think of something.

here's a few simple examples starting by flat out taking it from rs2
first off, combination runes. mist/dust/mud/smoke/steam/lava runes would all be decent additions..
the only problem i can foresee is pkers compaining about smoke runes, im no expert so idk if its an actual problem.but the solution to any of their problems is just make it unusable in wildy and its fine
the way to create them should be modified to fit rsc though,here's some ideas

Either let people go to 1 of the alters used in the combination with both stacks of runes, then let players use essence on it and create an amount of combination runes equal to essence spend.
another possible solution is making altars for the combination runes, and let players make them like that

second,"tiaras" or any item which you could combine the talisman with to be able to wear it on you and rune pouches, while i dont think pouches really fit in with rsc,
both are quality of life things too runecrafting which should at least be considered

last, different type's of essence,we could for example have essence mines where you mine "better" essence from individual rocks, but for a benefit,
for example more xp or runes per essence, or a different type for each effect..harder too obtain essence could also be required for the before mentioned combination runes

then something runecrafting could provide thats not a copy of rs2.
Slayer staffs, as far as i know  they have been dead content since release, mostly because the high recharge costs.
maybe somehow letting runecraft be able to charge the staffs for you for might make these things useable.

then a few last thing to mention is the wilderness altars, having skilling content in the wilderness usually sucks, rs2 tried it, nobody ever used the altar ever in over a decade.
fitting or not i suggest you relocate the altars to outside of the wilderness

also why is there no soul altar? are soul runes such dead content that you never considered it? useless or not, might as well add them for the sake of it.
then lastly, perhaps add noted essence as monster drops here and there, nothing absurd but being able to get essence here and there wouldnt hurt, especially if you intend to keep essence untradeable.

UIM <3

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber