Introducing Runecrafting to RSCRevolution

Player avatar

Terror Send PM

subscriber

To get started with Runecrafting talk to Duke Horacio in Edgeville. Once you have mined 100 rune essence he will reward you with your first Air Talisman.

With a mining requirement of level 50, Rune essence you will find at all current mine locations across the map:
unknown.png
Rune Essence is untradeable
Talisman's
unknown.png
Dolmen Locations
unknown.png
Multiplier
unknown.png
Once you have gathered your rune essence and talisman. Head to the location of the Dolmen, clicking "locate" on the talisman will guide you to the correct Dolmen. Use the "talisman" on the Dolmen and you will teleported to a magical lair. You can then use your rune essence on the dolmen within the lair to craft your rune. You can leave the lair and return to the Dolmen via the magical exit or alternatively teleport away (except for wilderness locations).

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Those are some nice looking tables.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Only in the 30's, but so far, it's fastest leveling to just keep doing Air runes.  Kind of a shame since it would be nice to be able to functionally use the other dolmens as you level.  Would need to rework the XP rate or move the Dolmen's closer to a tele spot to make them more efficient than Air.  Especially since Mind/Body/Eart/Water/Body/Cosmic/Chaos all sell for less than Air's, so it doesn't even make sense financially to not do Air.

Last edited by S O B BSpace (17 Jan 2021 22:30)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

Only in the 30's, but so far, it's fastest leveling to just keep doing Air runes.  Kind of a shame since it would be nice to be able to functionally use the other dolmens as you level.  Either rework the XP rate or move the Dolmen's closer to a tele spot to make them more efficient than Air.  Especially since Mind/Body/Eart/Water/Body/Cosmic/Chaos all sell for less than Air's, so it doesn't even make sense financially to not do Air.

Understandable, but it was the same in RS. It's up to you to decide whether sticking with airs is worth it.
If you think so, great. Will prevent a bunch of 'useless' runes from floating around.

Last edited by Vinkie (17 Jan 2021 22:38)

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Vinkie said:

S O B BSpace said:

Only in the 30's, but so far, it's fastest leveling to just keep doing Air runes.  Kind of a shame since it would be nice to be able to functionally use the other dolmens as you level.  Either rework the XP rate or move the Dolmen's closer to a tele spot to make them more efficient than Air.  Especially since Mind/Body/Eart/Water/Body/Cosmic/Chaos all sell for less than Air's, so it doesn't even make sense financially to not do Air.

Understandable, but it was the same in RS. It's up to you to decide whether sticking with airs is worth it.
If you think so, great. Will prevent a bunch of 'useless' runes from floating around.

"It was the same in RS" doesn't really mean much nowadays.  If something was unbalanced or broken in RS, devs balanced it here.  No different with this.  The problem is airs are both faster for XP and GP, especially with the way the multiplier is set up.  The air market is definitely going to crash, but the way the multiplier is set up, it gives way more xp.  I think it might actually be a bug.  When you create 3x airs with the multiplier, it also gives 3x the xp.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

G n o m e Send PM

Yeah airs won't be marginally more efficient (exp per hour)  they will likely be 10x more efficient than the high level runes.

Nevertheless, the skill is a very welcome addition smile

Last edited by G n o m e (17 Jan 2021 23:20)

Player avatar

sosssepp Send PM

subscriber

Good and a very welcome addition to the skill list!
I like that the notes are untradeable, makes it equally hard for all of us.
Also, I can make air runes all day long, don't really care about the multiplier situation atm.
Only design note from me would be about the mining part - batch the essence mining please, it's unbearable. We are living in 2k21, not 2k1. Most skills are batched, why not the 20 xp per essence mining.
Noted essence with high team mining lvl (80 or even 85-90?) would also be appreciated.

Player avatar

Oprah123 Send PM

subscriber

So air runes to lvl 99. What a boring ass skill you've made. Well done...

ZxAxR

Player avatar

Jan Send PM

Wow. Might actually check it out lol

Veteran mode player

Player avatar

Belgium Send PM

DMM2_Participant

I thought the duke was in Lumbridge?

Why is he in Edgeville?

Player avatar

Aonbyte Send PM

subscriber

Should create that wildy thing to teleport to altars that rs has.