Make Wilderness Fair

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

After pking now for a bit I decided to draft some suggestions to help fix PK in the wilderness. Please let me know what you guys think

1. Gank prevention. If someone is going out solo, allow them to toggle a switch for gank prevention. It would allow one attacker to attack or cast them at any given time. It would give them a 5-minute window to bank their loot so that they cannot get pj'd.

2. Cast limiter. All the gank squads overpower everyone by having an unlimited army of people casting. Make it so that only 2 people can cast any given target.

3. Wilderness Safe Zone. Make a safe zone in the wilderness where you still get the same XP boost but no one can attack you. There should be plenty of monsters for afk'ers to train with the added boost but not have to worry about people coming to get them.

4. Unlimited prayer in fort cages. Low levels coming to shoot arrows at your AFK farmers is extremely annoying. Make it unlimited prayer while farming so everyone can protect that 1 rune item they have on and at least block arrows. I also suggest that cages are a magic free zone.

5. Non-wilderness team fort. Make a Non-wilderness team fort where skillers can quickly amass farming supplies but not have to worry about getting Pk'd. It's wrong to kill skillers in the wilderness and this will help prevent that.

6. ANTI-PJ zones. Make it so that alts cannot be parked at obbies and so that casting cannot take effect within 10 squares of an obby. If someone escapes one catch, they should be guaranteed a re-gear.

7. IP restrictions. It is abject for anyone to use more than one account at a given time and there should be a "bubble" of 50 squares preventing alts from being close to each other to multi ganks. Alts are only meant to pk in different areas, not the same one.

8. Increase catch for droids to 4 squares. This would be for Droid only, not PC. Droid players should not be bothered with learning how to play on a PC if they want to catch well. Increase to 4 squares for Droid only.

9. Increase catch for North America to 5 squares. This is to offset the massive ping advantage that Europeans have.

10. Certified team wars. Make it so that you can "certify" a team war before going into the wilderness. This will prevent randoms from ranging or casting in the middle of the war and it will guarantee that numbers are fair. You can even make it where you limit the number of alts a team can use.

11. Auto-loot pickup. Make it to where if you kill someone, you automatically pick up loot. This will help ensure the rightful owner gets the rune and not some asshole looter.

12. New PKer mode. It is wrong to attack new pkers because this will destroy the wilderness in the long run. Make it so that any characters first 500 minutes in the wilderness they can only get attacked by one person.

13. More prayer altars. It's extremely unfair that some players have 99 prayer and others do not. Put more prayer altars to even it out.

14. Give Jonny15 a 1.8s auto cast. The man has proven his dedication time and again and his willingness to go out there and fight. Give him an autocaster to make it a fair fight.

15. Unban JLUV. The guy made a mistake let's not make him pay for it for eternity.

16. Get rid of all obelisks. These are strictly used by multiers to quickly bring new alts into the fight, posing a massive disadvantage to single-clienters who just want a fair fight.

This is everything I can think of for now, please post if you have any ideas to make the wilderness more fair for everyone

Last edited by Renevald (25 Oct 2020 16:25)

Player avatar

Archer96 Send PM

100% agree with #6 ,#7, #14, #16 . If you have alts parked in wilderness while you just were pking, make it like the obelisk a 1 minute timer to log in. This will stop the massive ganking and hopping on other alts to pile jump, fair for everyone and simple fix. Fort and wilderness shouldn't even be 2IP that is just creating the problem. 1IP = Everyone can only be in wilderness with 1 Alt at a time, whats wrong with that? Sounds fair to me. Ice mountain and Ruin Obelisks is to close to fort get rid of it don't need it.

Last edited by Archer96 (25 Oct 2020 17:10)

Shuzer Send PM

7 is great.  The main problem is people abusing portal with alts and spies. 

See someone trying to flee and port --> massacre with alt.

Slayer ammy giving no skull when tping to wild should be fixed also and should have death delay.  Very broken.

Rework portals so they're either one way or not available at a certain time. 

Player dies  ---> brings alt to keep the winner from teleporting
player teleports back in 45 seconds to fight again.

Android players can't control 2 characters well.  It's way worse than autocasting imo.

Player avatar

baebaekids Send PM

subscriber

Lets make pking not pking lmfaoo

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

+1 multi ruins pking. The multi scrubs will whine though.

INB4: wE'Ve TrieD ThIs BeFoRe

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

01Thojon Send PM

Most of your suggestions are shite

1. Gank prevention doesn't exist, nothing is to stop that 1 person being followed out - the solo person will die
2. What does it matter if you are outnumbered 7 to 1
3. The Wilderness is not safe
4. If you don't want to get shot AFK at fort, don't go there and definitely dont AFK there
5. Nice idea
6. Create a scout if you want to avoid gank squads camping obelisks like Sith and PayedSoldier
7. Large teams don't need alts therefore bigger teams will have a bigger advantage over solo players and smaller teams
8. Droid already has a massive advantage on cast time, they don't need a catch advantage
9. You are asking for someone to be able to make a catch from lvl 2 wild to the guy in lvl 4
10. Certain people who gank too much, should be gankable at all times and should not ask for anything less.
11. If you can't pick up the loot you don't deserve it
12. Meh
13. +1
14. +1000
15. Ok
16. Single clienters usually roll around in ganks of 7 and log off when they get outnumbered. Don't see how this makes pk fair. I like the idea of being able to port into an area, see if its worth pkin and port out if it isn't. Asking to get rid of Multi's is like asking to get rid of teaming - you are happy to walk around in a 9 player team but not happy with the idea of 1 person using more than 1 character. So you would prefer a 9 player team VS 1 player 1 character? Sounds fair. Why not just accept more DMs if you're that in need of a fair fight?

Last edited by 01Thojon (26 Oct 2020 23:51)

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

If you don't agree with me then you must b a multi ganker

Player avatar

b u b b a jr Send PM

more altars thru out wild

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z2l3Zkl.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rtt1WmN.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YBv5Ffx.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gu20rIS.png[/img]

Player avatar

Cocor Send PM

these suggestions are just ridiculous... is there an /s i  missed or did you just forget about the rest of the map..?  most of the wilderness you dont get ganked in and anywhere outside the wilderness you dont get ganked at all lol...