RSCR 2nd World in North America?

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Hello everyone,

lately I've been getting countless requests to do significant changes to our server: make drops massively increased, many more skilling areas or skill island, enable spawned pk or setting stats, have free gear all the time and others. However, there is a portion of our important player base who don't mind a bit of a grind, they want the complete experience that RSCR can offer. I don't want to ruin the server by overdoing changes, we've been running without a reset for 6 years.

At the moment we have a competing server that I'd like to call EasyScape. They seem to be dropping the ball with their community management and I'm flattered that I'm getting so much interest in RSCR simply because of how smooth and well done RSCR is as a product. Props to our beloved developer N0m for this, his experience really shines!

Another request I get is why RSCR is not hosted in USA or Canada? EasyScape is hosted there and all North American players have great latency there. Well last year we tried two or three different locations and we ended up back in Europe, but with a good connection to North America. I don't think we will move again.

Today I got message on Discord from a player who seems to have been list banned without a reason on EasyScape and I once again received request to compete with them more directly. He wants easy pk, minimal training, abundant supplies and most importantly good latency to where he lives for fun pk.

It got me thinking and I really wanna hear how many people would be interested in this before I invest time into it:

a separate world from our current server, it would be hosted in North America, training would not be required, probably you could select any build you want, supplies would be easy to get, but not like in a "spawn" server.

What does RSC community think? I understand this will be splitting up the community, but I really want all RSC fanatics to feel at home on RSCR, I think it's difficult to do with only one World smile

Thank you for any feedback in the comments!

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

I vote no on all of that.

A 2nd server will split the community.  This is something that has been talked about since 2016, we don't have enough pop to support it.  Moving PK'ing to another server will reduce the need for food and supplies on the primary server, hurting the economy.  Giving us PK mode already simplified things enough.  You can get almost whatever build you want in a few days with that mode.  Less if you wait for double xp.

Anybody and their mom can open a RSC server with set stats and unlimited supplies for free pk.  RSCR is above that.

I think focus should be on new features, reworking/addition of skills, new modes, and bigger focus on holidays.  The fact that Easter was the first expected event holiday since server creation without a holiday event like a new NPC, quest, or rare was incredibly disappointing.

Last edited by S O B BSpace (26 Apr 2020 10:32)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Ardo Send PM

subscriber

Big no for 2nd server.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Thanks for the feedback S O B BSpace, splitting the community and how this will affect the economy are indeed major issues.

Player avatar

KAT32 Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

I vote no on all of that.

A 2nd server will split the community.  This is something that has been talked about since 2016, we don't have enough pop to support it.  Moving PK'ing to another server will reduce the need for food and supplies on the primary server, hurting the economy.  Giving us PK mode already simplified things enough.  You can get almost whatever build you want in a few days with that mode.  Less if you wait for double xp.

Anybody and their mom can open a RSC server with set stats and unlimited supplies for free pk.  RSCR is above that.

I think focus should be on new features, reworking/addition of skills, new modes, and bigger focus on holidays.  The fact that Easter was the first expected event holiday since server creation without a holiday event like a new NPC, quest, or rare was incredibly disappointing.

I agree with this.

Player avatar

imRonald Send PM

There is ways you Can fix everything on RSCR, without opening a Second server. You Can give pkers what they ask for, without destroying it for the nerds, who like the grind on rscr. We been giving you numerous of suggestions for that. The game doesnt have enough players to split the player base in 2 different worlds. Rscr has many skillers, it just need pkers back for the game to be active again.

Pk mode accounts Can only work in wilderness
- Pk mode 40X 25x without subs
- Pk package for same amount as subs, Can only he traded in same ip adresss
- create a shop that buys Pk supplies off skillers for a reasonable Price, swords, casts etc

Player avatar

Tyra Send PM

Dont open 2nd server.

Pk mode accounts Can only work in wilderness
- Pk mode 40X 25x without subs (this is a need cause ppl needs lists to compete on rev, rev pkers are way better then emupkers in every aspect so this is a much needed thing even make a 2-4day event for pkmode with 70x so ppl can get few flats and some smaller pkers)
- Pk package for same amount as subs, Can only he traded in same ip adresss (this is also good cause as u said we pkers are just here for the pk amd notting else)
- create a shop that buys Pk supplies off skillers for a reasonable Price, swords, casts etc (this makes so skillers doesnt lose gp on their skilling and farming)

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming smile I'd also attract attention to the argument that some players just won't play here because of there is an option for easy pk with lower latency elsewhere. With one server location there is no way attract majority of RSC community.

Player avatar

kiekeboe Send PM

subscriber

A 2nd server will split the community.  = No

Player avatar

Bigbudz Send PM

subscriber

^^^^ i dont think we need a second world. It will cause double the problems. we just need simple things fix on rev.. 0 wildy sucks.. forts finally back but theirs no redskull now.. wish that was back it was fun going up on 50s and range noobs. Range house should come back that was the best place to train. Sure we all lost thousands of arrows training there but was worth it. And it was always p2p inside it. Hotspot always kept the wildy busy.. it always made edge dungeon p2p wildy interesting. Your pking capes will be worthless in world 1 shinobi and all guys will all have to quit. sad.

Player avatar

Evilpker Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Just put dmm on and have done with it

Player avatar

Evilpker Send PM

DMM2_Participant

might be easy scape because of the drops but there's no one arsed about risk more people will farm then go pk it all in wild people don't have time for grind were not 16

Umbaman Send PM

subscriber

A second server has the potential to split the community.
There should be a focus on making the server as lag-free as possible. With the Amsterdam-Server I have had the impression that Revolution was running very smoothly. Recently the performance has been not ideal.

Pk mode needs a buff. With the current rates staff might be trying to prevent lists from being created. There is an adverse effect however: Already powerful players have the resources to enhance their lists, whereas players with time constraints may suffer.

Wilderness should be an "attractive place" according to me: Ranged guild, Wildernessboss are missing for me. The return of Fort and Dragon's nest I do welcome. The long term impacts of the fort need to be analyzed.

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

tbh location doesnt do much, put it in canda if u want to but buy a good host like this one.

last time we swtiched to NA even NA:ers lagged more, so you ruined the experience for the less experienced pkers who thinks the connection is what makes the pker.

Last edited by Stolt Archer (26 Apr 2020 20:02)

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Oprah123 Send PM

subscriber

If you want to fix this server, stop listening to the never ending disappointed pker. Start listening to the players who actually play the game and not the ones who log in for 5 mins a day and complain how its dead. a second world isn't the solution, give them a way to set stats but not be able to multi the average skiller, give the average skiller a chance to go into the wild without getting reaped by 1 guy on 10 accounts.. id say give east wild a purpose and put a legends guild there for it to be a one ip area. DONALD once said " one ip failed in east wild", lets be fair, east wild had nothing to offer except green dragons and a stupid ass range guild. west wild can be for multi, east wild for one ip and certain skill total to enter the legends guild. so you are forced to play the game in order to get in. you can ween out the piss ant trolls who only get on to multi you to death, then proceed to say "get better, L2PK".

simple shit, figure it out.

ZxAxR

Player avatar

Ardo Send PM

subscriber

This is crazy that some people were suggesting different things for years..and n0m and now kleio listen the suggestions but never make them happen 100% .they always think of the idea and try to make it better or what not..so in the end the real suggestion got implemented like 70% ..so it ends up just a total fuck up.Thats why Beatdown etc left.They tried to suggest things but every time n0m or some mod fucked the thing up..and now we been saying things for a long time and kleio is thinking about 2nd server.. WTF
Maybe its time to really try the things out pkers suggest and stop that no sence talk about ruining economy etc or soon no1 is going to play this server anymore..turnip coders arent sleeping either,they can make the gameplay smoother and once it happens then its goodbye rscrevolution.No1 of us pkers care about these bunny slippers and stuff.I suggest Ultimate pk chars with set stats and with free gear when its free pk days.
Just test it out..free chars and free gear when its free pk and when its not free pk,then the chars could be used for farming.
CHANGES WHAT NEEDS TO BE MADE:
PK chars with set stats what can farm npcs only in wilderness.
Buff up npcs drops ONLY for pk chars.So when its not free pk,the chars could be used for farming so the action in wild is always possible.You can only trade the items farmed to your own pk chars.You cant trade or sell them to regular chars.
A NPC buys all kind of runes,food,armour etc from regular chars with a fixed price.Regular market could be working too as some people try to earn gp with merch.

Its impossible to fuck up the economy like that.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Oprah123 said:

If you want to fix this server, stop listening to the never ending disappointed pker. Start listening to the players who actually play the game and not the ones who log in for 5 mins a day and complain how its dead.

I've been saying this for 5+ years, but no dev has ever listened to it.  And for 5+ years we've still had whiners in every topic saying "make it easier we don't have time to grind".  Hell, someone even said it in this thread.  That's literally the whole point of this game, stat/wealth/kill accumulation and accomplishments.  It seems ridiculous to appease the people that claim they don't have time to play rather than the people that spend 4+ hours a day in-game and support the server buying subs.

It won't matter how many "fixes" are made to wilderness, half the people are going to hate it regardless.  IMO the better direction for PVP was focusing on advances in dueling, TDM, tournaments, the deathmatch arena, etc.  I'm glad to see all of that stuff get put into the game, I had been suggesting it for a long time.

But that's the thing, we've gotten all of those new features to make the PK crowd happy (they're still not happy).  And in 3+ years skillers have gotten Slayer.  And that's it.  And the most efficient way to train Slayer forces you into wild to try and make the PK'ers happy.

I don't think the key to increasing this game's success is through PVP.  For me and thousands of other people I've talked to in-game over the last 19 years, this is a relaxing social game I can mindlessly play while watching TV or even while I'm at work, to keep my hands busy and to take breaks.  If we add new skills, new ways to train current skills, new items, achievement systems, re-work batching, I think it would draw way more NEW people than tweaking wilderness will.

Ardo said:

No1 of us pkers care about these bunny slippers and stuff.

You say that, yet every time we have a holiday, our server population doubles/triples.  People sure do seem to love those events, and if according to you, those people must not be pkers, so then maybe pkers are not the answer to a server's success.

The main thing pkers always go to is that the economy depends on them, they're needed for skillers to sell their food/pots/rings etc.   And that's true.  But what if they weren't?  What if skills were reworked so that consumables were better used for PVM and skilling instead of PVP?  Hmm...

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Ardo Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

I don't think the key to increasing this game's success is through PVP.  For me and thousands of other people I've talked to in-game over the last 19 years, this is a relaxing social game I can mindlessly play while watching TV or even while I'm at work, to keep my hands busy and to take breaks.  If we add new skills, new ways to train current skills, new items, achievement systems, re-work batching, I think it would draw way more NEW people than tweaking wilderness will.

Ardo said:

No1 of us pkers care about these bunny slippers and stuff.

S O B BSpace said:

You say that, yet every time we have a holiday, our server population doubles/triples.  People sure do seem to love those events, and if according to you, those people must not be pkers, so then maybe pkers are not the answer to a server's success.

The main thing pkers always go to is that the economy depends on them, they're needed for skillers to sell their food/pots/rings etc.   And that's true.  But what if they weren't?  What if skills were reworked so that consumables were better used for PVM and skilling instead of PVP?  Hmm...

If you play the game to keep your hands busy,then maybe you should just keep your hands in your pants while watching the TV.
Pkers play for another reasons.
And i didnt say anything bad about these special events.I personally have grinded them myself too,but only so i could get the rare and then sell it,so i could buy pk gear

Player avatar

IronLungJr3rd Send PM

wildironman here, ive started enjoying PVP at the end of last year. basically because after maxing my ironman, PK cape was the only cape i lacked on him and had to go for it (took me 700 deaths to get there but success nonetheless?). TDM really helped me get comfortable with how it all works (timers etc) now im kinda hooked. still a noob at the scene however and dunno what to suggest really since ive only started enjoying PvP several months ago. funny tho how my road to maxing ironman led me to enjoying/learning PK lol.Thinking back tho, i feel as if lots of things changed in general in rscr with introduction of slayer and movement of edgeville which i expected as some felt it to be less original (i dont mind it personally) i dont know how pkers felt about wildy rotation but i kinda thought it was neat as ironman going into wild having to ::wildy or whatever the command to check it was. i miss seeing the red skulled chars as someone else mentioned. Also something that comes to mind, ive only ever gotten PK'd doing slayer when it was in east wild (not crying about it) lol I just expected more of a challenge doing wildy slayer yet after dung moved to highwild it was way peaceful. mabe people feel bad killing slayers anyway because they know its such a grind. anyway ive been here like 3 yrs constant and have loved the experience and have witnessed many changes and growth. i have faith in this server as its my only rscrevolution experience since original rscrevolution. whats crazy to me is how people from the other server even complain about it yet go there because theres "action" and those are the same damn people that miss playing here that log in for 5mins and complain after seeing its "dead". ive never thought about server location being an issue but idk im in Michigan USA and seem to have no problems. when ppl do come back tho, ive noticed first thing they ask is "where the f*%$ am I?" and we're like, "New Edge" haha, one person said "i dont like it" and str8 logged out. anyways. rambling over. love you nerds and staff! PEACE. P.S. is there gonna be changes to TDM soon, bc that can be a riot when it gets rollin but gmage builds esp 99hp one and flats can be tiring and push ppl away from wanting to Q again. also, where the pink and green merc armour at =D that green merc that mods wear looks pretty hot. and i think merc ammies should be a thing again (only seen the red) but it defo completed the look. im not saying make it an OP ammy or anything neccessarily just mabe dragon ammy stats with no teles or even diamond ammy stats.

Player avatar

Drama Send PM

Big NO.

Keep 1 Server, just do a wipe and drop me a Blue Party Hat