Development update

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Hello everyone,

I hope all of you had a fun Easter weekend and had enough time to reach your character training goals and enjoyed your weekend here on RSCR. It's time for an update about development progress.

First of all I'd like to officially announce three great additions to our staff team: Mod Ugud aka D, Mod Satan aka SatanReborn and Mod Fish aka Fish Pie. We're very happy to have more men on the ground taking care of the community and relaying any game issues to me, so we can react faster. Say a warm welcome to them and please treat them well! smile

PK Capes

PK'ing community received long requested PK'ing additional colors to the pk cape range offered by Mad Zeonk in Edgeville. We have added a Grey Cape that now requires only 250 kills to be worn and 6 other colors that will require more skulled or unskulled kills.

latest?cb=20200415070009

All capes cost 500k and is a one off payment, you will always retain capes on death.

Mad zeonk PK cape shop requirements

- Grey 250 kills (doesn't hold potions)
- Black 500 kills
- Yellow 750 kills
- Bright Green 1000 kills
- Bright pink 1250 kills
- Blood Red 500 skulled kills
- White 500 skulled kills
- Purple 500 skulled kills
- Dark Blue 500 skulled kills
- Dark Green 500 skulled kills
- Orange 750 skulled kills
- Bright Blue 1000 skulled kills
- Cyan 1250 skulled kills

All capes apart from Grey cape can hold potions P2P and F2P for easy right click "Activate" option in your equipment tab.

Team Fort added to the game

Due to huge demand from the community Team Fort has returned to it's original location in 36ish Wilderness where Wild Dragons are marked on the map. Team Fort is a location where you can train, farm, skill and ofcourse fight. If you are the team currently controlling the fort you'll be gaining 50% additional experience. In the fort there is a bank chest that accumulates items dropped on the ground in fort or items gained by skilling in the area. For example, when you mine rocks there, they go to to the fort bank, not your inventory. After a team controls the fort for 30 minutes, fort bank is transferred to team bank.

Currently the fort is completely unrestricted, future changes that we will be implementing and testing: 2IP, anti-parking in the fort sector (characters logged out in fort for 10minutes are teleported out after 10minutes of being offline), moving fort to West of Castle, moving East Wilderness where 1IP used to be. Also, I've heard plenty of feedback that Team Fort npc's loot table should be reworked, we'll be doing that next week.

3f1ecb5be3207cc96d94b7b450dfa75b.png

Visual upgrades

On RSCR we have lot's changes to the original game that truly make experience of RSC quite interesting and unique. We're adding to the visual changes on RSCR by displaying more of what a character that may appear afk is doing. A bubble will appear overhead with adequate item if you're Fletching, doing Herblaw, Picking Flax, Thieving or training Prayer.

Players training magic now also will be more noticeable in-game, we've added custom bubble animations to Alchemy, Superheat, Enchanting spells. Custom spell bubbles can be turned off in Client settings.

17fb050f231a578a212f5732b030bb8d.gif

Other QoL updates/Bug Fixes

- Wilderness drop party drop party area updated, in the drop party area you can no longer lose any equipment you have on, even while skulled. However, Protect Items prayer is disabled and you'll be losing the full Inventory. Hopefully this will spice up any future events we'll be hosting there!
- Coal trucks now fill with 1 click.
- Re-worked treasure trails to allow a player to have 1 of each clue level in inventory.
- You can now fletch shafts from all the higher grade woods.
- Use items on Aggie for fast Dye making.
- Displays "noted" on noted items.
- Charge spell now saves on logout.
- Fixed attack option not showing when reconnecting.
- Updated auto catching tools.
- ::skulltime command fixed.
- Open fort bank command for mods, we can now add things if we wish.
- Fixed suit of armor coming alive.
- Fixed trading bug in code.
- Fixed survival aggro.
- Fixed gem rocks.
- Death spawn locations fixed to new Edgeville.
- Fixed being able to re-obtain Plague protective clothing after quest. (often needed for clues).
- Thrander updated, now converts all Merc amour.
- PK Mode NPC added to Edgeville (no longer need a mod to take you to tutorial island).
- Hazeel cult quest fixed.

Saturday evening fixes:
- Fixed Friends list bug.
- Fixed Team Fort freeze bug on bank transfer.
- Fixed today's bug where players were stuck in combat or in Survival event after death.
- Fixed doors/gates sometimes acting funny.
- Fixed error when cutting webs.
- Fixed 2FA toggling issues.
- Fixed issues with PvE spell casting.
- Fixed issue of dying to dragons abnormally.
- Wildernes Obelisk shock effect fixed.
- Updated Mad Zeonk PK cape store stock amounts to reflect their equipping kill requirements.

My closest focus is resolving some of the main issues that seem to be plaguing our server, one bug fixed, two seem to pop up. However, we'll get over this like we always do smile We would be completely bug free if we just stopped doing anything to the server, but we're working and issues will be smoothed out eventually. Other focus will be DeadMan Mode as mentioned in previous post and also I'd like to give a close look to our drop tables next week and balance them better. Slayer monster drop tables will be highly nerfed and we'll be adding more drops to add more runes and other supplies for our community.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Wow, awesome updates!

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Edos Send PM

subscriber

Love your work Kleio. Keep up the good work!

Player avatar

kiekeboe Send PM

subscriber

Love It

Player avatar

KAT32 Send PM

subscriber

How nerfed are we talking on the slayer monster drops? Nerfed enough where it's not worth it to get to level 85 slayer?

A suggestion I'll make is it to buff the Plague drop table. You have go through a lot of food and supplies to kill him and the reward isn't that great.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

The nerf will definitely keep Slayer as a profitable skill that is worth training for, design of Slayer that 85 is a good goal will be kept. However the current Slayer NPC drop table is a little silly in comparison to other NPC's you may want to farm. We want to introduce a bit more wealth to the game that is accessible for everyone and not only by farming few select NPC's or bosses.

We have complaints that RSCR is a bit to grindy and hard, but this is the type of server we are. Items, effort and time has value here, we never were EasyScape or spawn server with wreckless administration. Our economy is very far from perfect, but RSCR will never become too easy.

Having that in mind, we will be bumping up drop tables and give more supplies for the community to work with.

Thank you for the suggestion about the Plague boss drop table, it will get some attention too wink

Player avatar

rubixcube Send PM

Kleio said:

The nerf will definitely keep Slayer as a profitable skill that is worth training for, design of Slayer that 85 is a good goal will be kept. However the current Slayer NPC drop table is a little silly in comparison to other NPC's you may want to farm. We want to introduce a bit more wealth to the game that is accessible for everyone and not only by farming few select NPC's or bosses.

We have complaints that RSCR is a bit to grindy and hard, but this is the type of server we are. Items, effort and time has value here, we never were EasyScape or spawn server with wreckless administration. Our economy is very far from perfect, but RSCR will never become too easy.

Having that in mind, we will be bumping up drop tables and give more supplies for the community to work with.

Thank you for the suggestion about the Plague boss drop table, it will get some attention too wink

LOL didn't you guys spawn hats to bring players back during Christmas and that didn't even work.

Umbaman Send PM

subscriber

Appreciate the updates, thank you. The PK capes are fantastic, the visual aspects add a more lively atmosphere and I am glad Thrander is now fully functional.

- "not only by farming few select NPC's or bosses."
Which boss is it that is supposed to have a good, profitable drop table? I have not seen one of the players with whom I have been to the reaper receive a hunter's cape in about a year. E621 believes the reaper drops have been nerfed.

- Is the ranged guild going to make a return? There has never been a reply from staff to this post and in your updates post not a word about it has been mentioned.
https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=16869

- Does the dragon's nest have a future in the game? Might hotspot make a return to the wilderness?

Cheers

Umbaman

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Must be referring to nerfing slayer drops from things like sand burrowers which sometimes yield 400k a trip even without obs. ammy drop.