Easter weekend on RSCR

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Hello everyone,

Easter weekend is very close and as every year we're inviting you to enjoy Easter activities on RSCR. We will be hosting double experience, free PK, skilling and other events for community to enjoy.

Devil XP will return to Edgeville on Friday 10th and will be removed at the end of Monday the 13th. You will be able to receive double XP 4 times, for 6 hours, for a total of 24 hours of double XP, time counts down only when playing.

Cursed warrior will be giving free pk gear and supplies in Edgeville as well.

There will be a skilling event on Sunday, we will update about exact time and duration.

In other development, I'm currently working on returning some form of Team Fort back into Wilderness as a trial run. It will most likely will be changing over time to see what community likes. My other focus at the moment is Deadman Mode, everyone is asking for some spectacular activity during the quarantine, I think there is nothing more original and action packed we can offer than Deadman Mode. It's quite close and I hope to start a public trial run very soon. Stay tuned for any news about it.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Sweet, looking forward to another Deadman mode, better than nothing.  I do wish this basic skilling event idea had gotten a little more attention since DMM is a PK event:

https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=16894

Will it be more like season 1 DMM (whole world) or season 2 (F2P only no wild) DMM?

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Sounds good.

For deadman I vote for F2P world/items. Too much spread with p2p map unless we get a huge surge of players.

Player avatar

Mattyice Send PM

subscriber

any eggs or rares this year?

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

Synbios said:

Sounds good.

For deadman I vote for F2P world/items. Too much spread with p2p map unless we get a huge surge of players.

When we did season 2 deadman it was f2p only and nobody played it after the first 2 days. People played season 1 for weeks.  I don’t know if full map is the best way to do it, but f2p only kind of sucked. 

The biggest thing that has to be changed is the xp loss when you get killed. I don’t know one person that enjoyed that.  The deadman chest/keys thing was a nice bonus to getting kills, but the xp loss was just stupid.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

S O B BSpace said:

Synbios said:

Sounds good.

When we did season 2 deadman it was f2p only and nobody played it after the first 2 days. People played season 1 for weeks.  I don’t know if full map is the best way to do it, but f2p only kind of sucked. 

The biggest thing that has to be changed is the xp loss when you get killed. I don’t know one person that enjoyed that.  The deadman chest/keys thing was a nice bonus to getting kills, but the xp loss was just stupid.

Some major problems were:
- few players managed to get WAY ahead of others with enough luck;
- nolifing players had a huge advantage over others if they made enough progress quickly;
- bank and xp loss was painful, a bit too high;
- we added random loot to be dropped/given, it was a mistake

We will be fixing these mistakes with:
- daily xp cap limitation;
- more substancial xp boost on recovery after xp loss;
- xp boost if you started DMM later, so you can catch up;
- less xp loss on death;
- no more random loot, it's replaced with simple coin dropping to finance getting gear from specialized DMM stores.

Player avatar

Evilpker Send PM

DMM2_Participant

DMM SEASON 3 ? ? ?

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

Kleio said:

The first two DMM seasons had a skilling aspect as well, with end of season rewards for skill total and total xp.  It wasn't much, but it was at least something for skillers.  Sounds like you're killing that now with a xp cap and making an update once again that only applies to pkers...  I guess I won't participate this time around.

Last edited by S O B BSpace (9 Apr 2020 20:53)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

Kleio said:

The first two DMM seasons had a skilling aspect as well, with end of season rewards for skill total and total xp.  It wasn't much, but it was at least something for skillers.  Sounds like you're killing that now with a xp cap and making an update once again that only applies to pkers...  I guess I won't participate this time around.

Play us the world's tiniest violin

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Renevald said:

S O B BSpace said:

Kleio said:

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Player avatar

I LIKE PEE Send PM

Can we get a time zone for the end on monday?

OOPSIEe Send PM

Nyx said:

Renevald said:

S O B BSpace said:

The idea of deadman mode is to PK.... Not hide, you spent the first deadman mode which was full map doing nothing but Paul. . . . . You got max skill total without even getting one kill. Throwing your toys out the pram because you can’t be best hiding skiller. Big yikes