Skill cape rework in progress

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Hello everyone,

this weekend I'm taking a look at our skill cape situation and will be fixing broken capes, refreshing the perks, adding new 200M xp completion capes, new higher tier pk capes.

I've hopped through forums and noted all best suggestions, maybe anyone has more ideas to share?

Thanks!

Umbaman Send PM

subscriber

Hey,

- Ranged Cape: Increased chance that the npc is poisened by poisonous arrows
- Quest cape: Add Lumbridge, Legend's guild teleport
- Agility cape: Increase agility lvl by x levels

Thank you for revising the cape situation!

Player avatar

UGudBroo Send PM

subscriber

- Agility cape no fall damage or you dont fail obstacles (make it worth while getting)
-Attack cape gives +4 Weaponaim bonus
-Cooking cape cooks twice as fast as usual speed
-Crafting cape gives chance to craft 2 bars at a time
-Defense cape gives +9 armor attribute bonus
-Fishing cape gives you 20% chance of catching two fish at once.
-Fletching cape gives you 25% chance to fletch twice in one go.
-Hitpoints cape gives 2x restore rate for Hits stat.
-Herblaw cape gives you 25% chance to make potions twice in one go.
-Hits cape gives 2x restore rate for hits stat, stack with rapid heal prayer for 4x healing rate
-Magic cape gives +7 magic attribute bonus
-Mining cape makes you more likely to succeed at getting ore on any given swing + double ores
-Prayer: 10-15% chance on each tick of prayer will prevent it from draining with skillcape equipped (Non-PVP only)
-Ranged cape 15%chance of shooting 2 arrows at once (non pvp only)
-Smithing cape on smithing above Smith -2 less coal needed per bar, plus 100% iron smelt.
-Strength cape gives +3 Weaponpower bonus (RSCR theoretical maximum melee hit is now 37 as a result)
-Thieving cape makes you less likely to fail maybe more % than it's at already
-Woodcut cape less chance of making tree fail + d axe would be awesome
-Max cape gives the best overall bonuses with +4 Weaponaim, +7 Armor, +4 Weaponpower, 1.2x restore rate for hits stat, +3 prayer, +5 magic, half of range skillcape bonus, fatigue gains 10% slower
-PK Cape gives +5 armor +2 prayer; can use super potions on it to be stored in the cape, when you later "Activate" the cape this applies a dose of all pots at once
-Quest Cape gives Shilo village teleport, Hero’s guild teleport, Gnome Tree, Underground Pass (staff recharge) teleport, +2 armor (+legends tele?!)

Player avatar

UGudBroo Send PM

subscriber

Tbh most of the skill capes are decent.. I've amended a few to make them worth while

Player avatar

Izbrit Send PM

subscriber

100% ugudbro
And the coloured pk capes

Last edited by Izbrit (21 Mar 2020 14:49)

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

Furemaking cape... Ability to create 1x 15 minute fire wherever you want. Like next to a bank chest for fast cook.

Magic cape should increase spell accuracy since adding to mag att doesn't really do anything at that levrl

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

Umbaman said:

I like the idea and it does have an appeal to it. However, have you tried out all of the available teleportation possibilities?

- Dragonstone Amulet
- Slayer Amulet
- Slayer Master Ring
- Teleportation Tabs?
- Gnome Glider?
- Home Teleport Spell?

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

UGudBroo said:

Ignore this idiot

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Umbaman Send PM

subscriber

E N K O said:

Umbaman said:

I like the idea and it does have an appeal to it. However, have you tried out all of the available teleportation possibilities?

- Dragonstone Amulet
- Slayer Amulet
- Slayer Master Ring
- Teleportation Tabs?
- Gnome Glider?
- Home Teleport Spell?

Yup, and as far as I know only the Home Teleport Spell and the Tele Tab lead directly to Lumbridge. However, Home Tele is only available every 30 min and the tele tab requires clay and tele runes. Also, making the Quest Cape even more powerful might be an incentive for more players to skill, to finish the quests and get hooked with Revolution smile That's why Lumbridge Teleport as a Quest Cape Option might be an addition that makes sense.

How do I use the gnome glider? smile

Last edited by Umbaman (21 Mar 2020 19:18)

Player avatar

UGudBroo Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

UGudBroo said:

Ignore this idiot

And if this idiot knew anything then he would know the +7 is existing from the list of original capes
I amended a few to make it worth while getting 99 in the skill
But like I said most are worth while

Player avatar

Insanate Send PM

subscriber

Agreed Ugud.. double ores for mining cape. Fishing is so dam easy with batching yet mining is rock by rock (no batching) and the cape is somehow worse than the fishing cape.

Last edited by Insanate (3 May 2020 06:27)

Player avatar

Ben Jilla Send PM

Kleio said:

Hello everyone,

this weekend I'm taking a look at our skill cape situation and will be fixing broken capes, refreshing the perks, adding new 200M xp completion capes, new higher tier pk capes.

I've hopped through forums and noted all best suggestions, maybe anyone has more ideas to share?

Thanks!

Sweet

Umbaman said:

Hey,

- Ranged Cape: Increased chance that the npc is poisened by poisonous arrows
- Agility cape: Increase agility lvl by x levels

Thank you for revising the cape situation!

+1 Quest cape Tele's & maybe a few more incentives big_smile

Last edited by Ben Jilla (4 May 2020 00:31)

Player avatar

Howdareyou Send PM

Some Slayer Cape options:
1. Make it so you can select your Top 5 favourite slayer tasks and while wearing cape, the Slayer Master will only assign one of these five tasks to you. Would be a nice bonus for ppl chasing slayer rares or doing preferred tasks (i.e Ghostly, Lava Golem, Venom Bombers, Sand Burrowers, Otherworldy - after grinding all the bad tasks to 99, you will now always get one of the 5 you shortlisted)

2. Increase rare slayer drops when wearing cape.

3. Has unlimited teleport ability directly to each task location (more than slayer amulet offers)

Last edited by Howdareyou (12 May 2020 16:31)

Player avatar

Agape Send PM

This sounds really great! Keep it up.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Player avatar

Insanate Send PM

subscriber

What if using the slayer cape meant you can farm slayer NPCs without needing to be on a task?
Already spent forever getting 99 slayer only to have to go and do countless tasks before finally getting a good one. Then ya don’t get any drops anyway after investing so much time for nothing

Last edited by Insanate (14 Jul 2020 02:38)