Daily Task System

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Daily Task System will be the prelude for "Achievement Diary" https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=16555

Problem

1: People get bored easily and development is critical to promote longterm growth.
2: Content must be engaging and meticulously executed with utmost quality and precision.
3. Skillers need some love. The last major non-wilderness update was about a century ago.
4. Player retention is essential for growth. Players must have enjoyable and endless content that can be refreshed on a regular basis.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-10-at-12-40-09-AM.png

Solution: Daily Task System

1: This will completely revolutionize the game by integrating every skill inside and outside of wilderness including PVM/PK/SKILLING.
2: This system will lay the groundwork for achievement diary due to many similarities in structure and construct.
3: This system will preserve the integrity intact for that authentic "Rsclassic feel" by integrating existing elements in the game.
4: People will have incentives to do their daily tasks.
5: Increase player retention and growth with endless and fresh new tasks each day.
6: This system is an ironman/veteran/skiller's dream.

How it Works

1a: There will be a Daily Task NPC at Edgeville who will present you with four options - Easy/Medium/Hard/Master daily tasks.
Screen-Shot-2019-11-09-at-11-38-46-PM.png
1b: Or type ::daily to open up the daily task interface - choose the level of difficulty and complete your task.
2: Once you talk to the NPC or ::daily, an interface will appear allowing you to select the difficulty level (easy/medium/hard/master)
3: Each difficulty level has (3) tasks e.g. (4) level of difficulty x (3) tasks = Maximum of 12 Tasks per day.
4. Completion of each level of difficulty will reward you with: 1) Event points 2) Book of XP+ (These books can give you XP in ANY skill, including prayer and slayer (may need an XP reduction). Click on "Claim Reward" on the interface after you have completed your tasks.
5. Rewards are based on the difficulty of the task completed (more points and books for master tasks compared to easy tasks).
6. Completion of ALL your daily tasks (all 12 of them) will grant you an "additional" reward: A Daily Task Present (random loots, pk gears, mercenary pieces, new items, cosmetics, etc).
7. Daily Task Present is tradable to players.
8. Tasks are reset every 24 hours.
9. Tasks are dynamic meaning you may get different tasks from other players based on the pool of tasks randomized and selected from.
10. You may get tasks inside or outside of wilderness.
11. Tasks may include any skill, any npc, and wilderness pk.

Sample Tasks

Easy Tasks

1: Kill 100 Men
2: Light 100 Fire
3: Spin 100 Flax

Medium Tasks

1: Defeat 250 Thugs
2: Steal from 250 Stalls
3: Fletch 1000 arrows

Hard Tasks

1: Defeat 250 NPCs in the wilderness
2: Fish 500 Swordfish
3: Cook 500 Sharks

Master Tasks

1: Defeat 25 players in the wilderness
2: Defeat 25 KBDs with magic
3: Defeat 50 Greater Demons with a Mithril Dagger

Rewards

1: Completion of each level of difficulty will reward you with: 1) Event points 2) Book of XP+ (These books can give you XP in ANY skill, including prayer and slayer (may need an XP reduction) 3) New event shop with new Mercenary Armour color, cosmetics, pk items, etc.
2: Rewards are based on the difficulty of the task completed (more points and books for master tasks compared to easy tasks).
3: Completion of all your daily tasks (all 12 of them) will grant you an additional reward: A Daily Task Present Box (random loots, pk gears, mercenary pieces, new items, cosmetics, etc).
4: Daily Task Present is tradable to players.
5: Tasks are reset every 24 hours.
6. Tasks are dynamic meaning you may get different tasks from other players based on the pool of tasks randomized and selected from.
7. You may get tasks inside or outside of wilderness.

Subscribers Benefit

1: Boosted Event Points
2: Extra Books of XP (+)
3: Active players will be encouraged to subscribe for these perks

Addendum

1: Daily Task Progress in the interface and chatbox (toggle in settings): "e.g. Men task progress: 25/100".
2: A chatbox notification of when your task is completed: "e.g. You have completed your easy task! Return to the Daily Task Master to collect your reward" - or you could just claim your reward via the ::daily interface (same as talking to the npc).
3: The ::daily interface will provide you with current progress for each task.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

-1 terrible idea

What rev needs is more human interaction not more single player shit, worst thing about rev is the mods they don't do anything e never have any event or unique ideas for events just usless

When I joined rev there was a ton of events and not the same 2 ran over

-

The screenshot of one of your friends shows the real issue with pk hes done anything in rev so just waits for someone to tag him to pk how about he stops being an absolute pussy and just goes and pks without being too much of a pansy to require hand holding

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

Dumb, another gimmick that might be popular for a week (like tdm) and then die off.

Player avatar

sosuke Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

No one has anything constructive to say anymore other than troll any suggestions correct?. I find this idea worth looking into and probable to get some faith back into this place.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

sosuke said:

No one has anything constructive to say anymore other than troll any suggestions correct?. I find this idea worth looking into and probable to get some faith back into this place.

if it doesn't eat up excessive dev time it's worth trying. I like the idea.

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

sosuke said:

Providing negative feedback is not trolling. Not every idea that comes through (particularly dumb ones) don't need to be supported. Don't be a thin skin.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

sosuke said:

Who's trolling the idea is bad? We need more interactions not the game making more single player

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

I dont want to run dailies.

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands

Player avatar

AzzieB Send PM

I don't totally disagree with this idea, random daily tasks, with a capped maximum of points required.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BuXA8GZ.jpg[/img]
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/610197874835193859/650336887390732335/unknown.png[/img]
He comes, I Conquer.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

I like the idea.  I suggested something similar in 2017 and 2015 and even n0m and Kleio seemed to like it, was so sad nothing came of it.  I just wouldn't limit it to one a day and have it be a single random task like the Slayer system.  A better way to do it in my eyes would be to have all 9 tasks available and you can pick and choose which of the 9 you'd like to do, in any order.  The tasks refresh every 12 or 24 hours.  I'd still rather like to see a full-fledged achievement system like I listed in my post, but having random daily tasks would be a great addition to that.

https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=12931

Last edited by S O B BSpace (30 Nov 2019 20:36)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]