Event System Update

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hello! This update patches the very few bugs in our event system, and introduces new features which we received feedback from.

Fixes
-Fixed getting stuck in respawn zone when logging out during respawning.
-Fixed being able to get hit by projectile if being maged right before event ends.
-Fixed being able to remove the team capes in TDM
-Fixed blue team respawn point in Castle map.
-Unrelated to events: Fixed problems with coloured texts receiving horrible shadowing (i.e in team names).

Changes:
-Changed 'minimum' start wait time to 1 minute
-Changed disconnection wait time to 30 seconds from 15 seconds.

New
-The Castle map has been changed, more space in the middle, the lava and the walls have been removed. Additionally some of the colouring has been changed and the ground received much darker tone.
-Assists, you will now receive 5 points if you contributed the most damage but someone else gets the last hit.
Last hit is still the one who gets 10 points.
-Colored names (in right click too), and skulls for each team to make it easier to distinguish who's in which team.
-Bubble above head for flag carrier to make it easier to see who's carrying the flag.

I hope everyone is enjoying the event system as much as I do, and we are very happy how well the release went.
Thanks everyone for playing smile

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

Looks like a cool system but ironmen can't play it? Is there a way to allow us to play without rewards and just earn points for the shop? If not maybe an alternative way for ironmen to earn points. That new Merc gear looks awesome!

Player avatar

jazzy hoes Send PM

Lots of fun @n0m, thank you. Any way to include a way to go back & look at the previous games statistics once you close out the screen? Or even an overall KD + A?

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

jazzy hoes said:

Lots of fun @n0m, thank you. Any way to include a way to go back & look at the previous games statistics once you close out the screen? Or even an overall KD + A?

Interesting suggestion big_smile +1
It's pretty easy to close the window and miss the stats.

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Tjd9 said:

Looks like a cool system but ironmen can't play it? Is there a way to allow us to play without rewards and just earn points for the shop? If not maybe an alternative way for ironmen to earn points. That new Merc gear looks awesome!

Ways for ironmen to join and obtain Mercenary gear without other gains may be implemented in the future, but I can't promise anything at this point. Maybe in combination with updates to other events/minigames/(team system?). Who knows smile

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

Sounds good guys. I just hope there is a way to get that Merc armour on my ironman eventually! That and the new gloves and boots.