[RELEASED] Event System

• «
  • 1 (current)

Player avatar

Nisti Send PM

Dev

We as a team are overwhelmingly excited to finally bring you all the news about our latest development focus!

Queued Event System!

Heres how it works:
Pick an event of your choosing from the event interface (Capture the Flag, or Team Deathmatch) and hit the 'Queue for Event'-button. You will be placed into a queue to wait for enough players to join and form the teams, which are randomized.
While you're waiting for the fun to start, you can continue playing normally before entering the event. There's no need to prepare for events either; the system has got you covered. You must be out of combat (PvM or PvP), but all the gear you're wearing and the inventory you're carrying will be safely where you left it until after returning from the event. The only thing we suggest you do is to make sure there's at least one empty spot in your inventory, as some of the rewards will either get added to the empty spot, or otherwise drop on the ground beneath you

b89f69e8e1ba84bf16f4a1823f79cdca.png

Once there are enough people in the queue, the event is ready to start. You'll be greeted with a ready check, and hitting 'Accept' will bring you straight to the action. You will then have 15 seconds to accept the event, otherwise you will be removed from the queue.

Events, rules, rewards and everything else:

The arenas and builds in events are chosen completely at random. Arenas used in the event system were originally created for Team Battles, but were later removed due to various design flaws. As of now, there are 14 different builds, of which some are old, some are already familiar, and some are completely new to the game. We're keeping things you already know and like, and adding a few new ideas to keep it fresh and entertaining.

Click the arrow to see a complete list of event arenas

"CTF Map":
9c6977d1a41b204383b1efee20950b8e.png
Created by Pepsi for CTF

"Face off"
dbc78e99210b90856ee0fa71273038de.png
Created by Billy

"Triple-cross":
6e7cba74573e4b4ebbabea5a0b3959d0.png
Created by Billy

"Castle"
4b18a81c134c45dd985f5dd57159cedf.png
Created by n0m

Click the arrow to see a complete list of event builds

F2P Flats
F2P 90's Hybrid
F2P 58's Hybrid
F2P 47's Pure Ranged
F2P 33's Pure Ranged

P2P Flats
P2P 90's Hybrid
P2P 95's Hybrid
P2P 82's Hybrid
P2P 62's PB Ranged
P2P 33's Pure Ranged
P2P God Mage Flats Sara
P2P God Mage 44 Sara
P2P God Mage 44 Zamorak

Capture the Flag

Your goal is to capture the opposing team's flag. Sounds simple, but prepare to fight! Two teams and two bases. You need to capture the flag from enemy base and bring it your own, all while keeping your teams flag in your own base.
You can steal the enemy team's flag only when your own flag is safe in your base, so if your flag gets stolen, it needs to be stolen back (killing the player with it), and returned before you're able to capture the opposing team's flag and bring it to your base to score points.
Your team gets a point when you capture and deliver the enemy flag to your base, and the team with most points at the end of the event will, naturally, win. There is a 10 minute time limit, or a three point maximum limit to each game, so the game will end once one of the teams have managed to collect three points, or 10 minutes have passed.

Team deathmatch

Your goal is pretty simple in this one. You need to kill as many players as possible on the opposing team and keep yourself alive to the best of your ability. Teams are identifiable through the color of their cape.
One kill is one point, with a 30 point limit.
The game ends when a team either reaches the 30-kill-limit, or ten minutes have passed, making the team with most points the winner.

880d4008d9d95029164701aa8c48a6a2.png

Rewards

When you play events, you will gain different amounts of event points, and books of experience.
Subscribing will give you a 10-20% boost in rewards, which won't be counted towards the daily limit.
The winning team's participants will receive the event points that will be declared in the interface before entering the event, on top of the personally gained points throughout the event. Losing team participants will be given their own personally earned points. Events resulting in a tie between teams will give everyone a third of the original winning amount (+personal points).

Event points
The amounts earned are affected by your performance in the event. Rewards will go up with every kill and catch, but will not be affected by dying, etc. You can collect event points, up to 5550 every day. Your points will automatically be added up, and you can see your amount in the Event Queue interface.
Collected event points can be spent on our Event Shop, which contains exclusive event items, including Mercenary Armour, and various PK supplies (runes, potions, food and armour).

Book of XP

b31ea668f1fe5dcab410f53c36f7a699.png

You will get the same amount of books from each event as you get points. Unlike event points, the books will appear in your inventory after an event.
You can spend these books on one of 3 primary combat skills: Attack, Strength, or Defense XP. The experience given by a single book will depend on your current level of chosen skill. Note: You will also receive Hits experience.
There is no daily limit on Books of XP.

9ab5f0c07dc77f5db79a6dd6d837f22f.gif

Event shop:
9ef7d312ec07678776a0d586d9230dbf-png.jpg

Shop 1
dd1c79141d5ea79fa75e3b466ff5e597.png

Shop 2
c7298ef960dacd5da67e2d916a5474c3-png.jpg

Penalties
Unfortunately, when it comes to team playing, it's not all just fun and games. To encourage team spirit and playing together, there will be some mandatory penalties for throwing the towel in too soon, and leaving others in a pinch.

If you disconnect from the event you will have 15 seconds time of mercy to reconnect back to action. If you fail to reconnect in time, you will be removed from the event and you get a penalty count added to your character. Removing from the event will automatically mean losing rewards too.
For leaving the game too soon (I.E. X out of client) you will get a five minute penalty added to your possible que time. Every time you leave the game too soon this penalty will grow another five minutes. This means that after the first time, you need to wait five minutes before you get accepted to another event que. After the second time, the waiting time is ten minutes, third time 15 minutes, and so on.
You can reset your penalty count by finishing three events, after which it will reduce back to the normal queue waiting time.

We do hope you all try your best playing the events to their bitter ends, win or lose.

As final words, we'd like to thank everyone who took the time in testing with us, all your input and feedback has been valuable help while working together on this project.

-RSCR Staff Team

[img]http://i.imgur.com/TJ4HSbP.png[/img]

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Cool updates

Are the team generations always random or are pkers going to be able to team up beforehand?

Also, I'm assuming DMM is now not happening since development seems to have shifted elsewhere.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Mod Sanka Send PM

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

Awesomeness

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nisti Send PM

Dev

S O B BSpace said:

Cool updates

Are the team generations always random or are pkers going to be able to team up beforehand?

Also, I'm assuming DMM is now not happening since development seems to have shifted elsewhere.

Teams are all completely random, you won't be able to join with team nor parties.

It's a bummer that we havent been able to have the promised deadman season yet, and the news about it have been a bit conflicting and/or vague. I can promise the team has been working towards it and waiting for it as much as you all must have. Good news is that DMM is still very much happening, as it has been ready for release. We have just decided to delay it for unspecified time, as wed love to host it on busier time so it would be most worthwile and fun for everyone participating. Exact dates will be announced properly when we know better, just hang in there. smile

For now lets have some lighthearted fun with our latest effort big_smile!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/TJ4HSbP.png[/img]

Player avatar

bluebeard Send PM

Finally an excuse to participate in server events! Especially PvP based ones

EDIT: Quick question, are ALL the event shop items tradeable?

EDIT 2: And will combat stats be adjusted for each event?

Last edited by bluebeard (30 Sep 2019 00:13)

Player avatar

Mr T also Send PM

subscriber

great to see all of this, obviously took a lot of work.   gj team +1

Player avatar

MichaelMet Send PM

What about Mercenary 2-Hs and Battle Axes? Will they be available for purchase as well?

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Mr T also said:

great to see all of this, obviously took a lot of work.   gj team +1

yea this might work well, gj guys

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

bluebeard said:

Finally an excuse to participate in server events! Especially PvP based ones

EDIT: Quick question, are ALL the event shop items tradeable?

EDIT 2: And will combat stats be adjusted for each event?

1. Yes

2. Yes

Player avatar

yellowbeard Send PM

MichaelMet said:

What about Mercenary 2-Hs and Battle Axes? Will they be available for purchase as well?

So people can use them to PK or do Slayer? Probably not. But it is an idea for the mods.

Player avatar

KandiKlover Send PM

Looks nice but will it keep the event spam countdowns from showing up in the corner so I can just play normally if I don't want to do that stuff? Also should prohibit mods from chat spamming or at least keep them from being shown in the global when you have it off because that was always a problem and really annoying last time I played.

Am noob

Player avatar

Terror Send PM

subscriber

KandiKlover said:

Looks nice but will it keep the event spam countdowns from showing up in the corner so I can just play normally if I don't want to do that stuff? Also should prohibit mods from chat spamming or at least keep them from being shown in the global when you have it off because that was always a problem and really annoying last time I played.

If you're looking to play without any event spam you can turn it off by using ::toggleeventmessages

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

KandiKlover said:

Hey. This won't spam any players at all, it's purely opt in through the interface.

Player avatar

beatdown Send PM

subscriber

Eh, A decent facsimile of my idea, i guess, but there are a few areas where you chose to think for yourself, and unfortunately those areas largely negate much of the point of the entire udpate, imo.

For example;
82LOH8N.png

This single image alone shows that you still haven't learned anything when it comes to attracting pkers.
Very few self respecting pkers will bother pking in an area designed like this, where catching and skill is only a tiny factor.

I thought we went over this already, many many times, for what seems like years now?

It will most likely be the same sort of people who do the 1vs1 automated events who will be attracted to these arenas, which in some way means that most of your effort has been for nothing once again, imo.

*shrug*

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

beatdown said:

Eh, A decent facsimile of my idea, i guess, but there are a few areas where you chose to think for yourself, and unfortunately those areas largely negate much of the point of the entire udpate, imo.

For example;
https://i.imgur.com/82LOH8N.png

This single image alone shows that you still haven't learned anything when it comes to attracting pkers.
Very few self respecting pkers will bother pking in an area designed like this, where catching and skill is only a tiny factor.

I thought we went over this already, many many times, for what seems like years now?

It will most likely be the same sort of people who do the 1vs1 automated events who will be attracted to these arenas, which in some way means that most of your effort has been for nothing once again, imo.

*shrug*

The events are for training and gaining supplies while having fun, not to replace PKing.

There's one new arena which is a lot more open:
9c6977d1a41b204383b1efee20950b8e.png
However if we make all maps using this kind of design they would be a bit boring.

EDIT:
I've not read your idea and this isn't based on it, queues games are everywhere and this is based on them, can you give me a link to yours?

Player avatar

beatdown Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

beatdown said:

For example;
https://i.imgur.com/82LOH8N.png

*shrug*

The events are for training and gaining supplies while having fun, not to replace PKing.

There's one new arena which is a lot more open:
https://i.gyazo.com/9c6977d1a41b204383b … 950b8e.png
However if we make all maps using this kind of design they would be a bit boring.

EDIT:
I've not read your idea and this isn't based on it, queues games are everywhere and this is based on them, can you give me a link to yours?

That one is just as bad, if not worse.. Jesus

And no man, are you serious? My thread was in the top 10 of the wilderness section for like 1 and a half years, with over 3k views or whatever. And i spoke to Kleio at lengths about it.
It's even my idea that spawned the entire automated 1vs1 event system in the first place (my idea was too complex at the time, and the 1vs1 automated system was what we could get/was doable)

Player avatar

beatdown Send PM

subscriber

Well i was a little curious myself and simply searched for "Arena" on Kleio's (apparently) deleted user, and this is what came up. You read from the bottom and up on these for some reason. oldest to newest at the end.

d0248db2a61136fb3f30fce8f3a36ae5.png
7b93eb89239903c5746f2e422eb07180.png
4049e9b3e2ebec80554f1bc78f74d929.png
f1db19d62fdb89bb56185971a339d55d.png

Player avatar

beatdown Send PM

subscriber

like fuck sake dude, i literally spoonfed it to you for so long and you still somehow butchered it

i even made sprites for you of the rewards, aswell as the full arena layout

l6wCprI.png
YCrSeZS.png
FMsoXgD.png
1TNwEBG.png
Q1hEQ8T.png

Last edited by beatdown (2 Oct 2019 01:20)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hey, While it's cool that you had a similar idea in mind, I was basing it on queued mini-game systems that are seen on many games today.. none of what you said really explained what made your idea better... I don't really understand what's making you behave like I've somehow insulted you? Right now how you're approaching this isn't very constructive, if you want to discuss this topic and perhaps new arena layouts you can PM me on Discord.

One thing I can gather from your messages is that you did have similar idea of introducing more competitive variations for more competitive players. The event system at release is only 'casual' and meant for having fun and there are plans for update which is aimed for more competitive pkers.

• «
  • 1 (current)