Hotspot rotation is back (Updated)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hey,

We've decided to bring back the old hotspot rotation for time being. Originally we had planned to revamp some of hotspot locations prior to reintroducing but things keep adding up to on our plate and we figured to introduce the original version and revamp it soon after.

Hotspot locations:
-West Castle (Lv.12)
-East Castle (Lv.5) (New) (Will be moved to level 12 wilderness later)
-High wilderness dungeon (Lv:50-52)
-Ice plateau (lv: 45-48)
-Edgeville dungeon

Additional update after player feedback on August 31st:

-Removed Ice Plateu and Bandit Camp from rotation
-Added 100k wealth requirement to capture the hotspot (you still get hotspot drops without having it in control)
-Disabled logging out in hotspot, you will still log-out after 1 minute in case of disconnect or afk timeout.

-Zeonk control point shop revamped:
Swordfish (140) - 30 points
Strength potions (10), 30 points
Fire blasts (75), 30 points
Super potions (3), 30 points
Sharks (100), 30 points
Fire waves (65) , 30 points
Rune set(armour with plate + 2h), 180 points
Rune 2-handed Sword, 40 points

Other fixes:
-Deathmatch average cast count fixed
-Deathmatch missed casts counter added

We're hoping to start an active discussion within community about hotspot, what changes should be made to it and what they want to see from it.

Additionally I've added the deathmatch counter which quite many players have been asking for.
0a240394c00b3695f589a4690d60af40-png.jpg

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Mod Sanka Send PM

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

The hot spots are utter shit, bunch of noobs naked hold and log on sight from any fight, the system just doesn't work

Make only account in full rune or alchable value of 100k hold and unable to log for 60 seconds instead of 10

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

mapi Send PM

Deadman mode is still ignored?

Player avatar

pepster Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

Make only account in full rune or alchable value of 100k hold and unable to log for 60 seconds instead of 10

I really like this idea.

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/dy7kea.png[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Keep the low level hotspot and make it so only lvl3-50 can hold it plz.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Oprah123 Send PM

subscriber

Bout time... also nyx, why the fuck are you still complaining? You are an afk killing machine, this should be perfect for you. Another point I'd like to make is that you NEVER go to hotspot to use the HS, so why are you opening your lips for this?

ZxAxR

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Oprah123 said:

Bout time... also nyx, why the fuck are you still complaining? You are an afk killing machine, this should be perfect for you. Another point I'd like to make is that you NEVER go to hotspot to use the HS, so why are you opening your lips for this?

Then why is it if we search kill feed for you wes etc all the kills are lvl 3s etc

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

purepehmo Send PM

DMM2_Participant

where deadman

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

purepehmo said:

where deadman

next summer

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Mod Prox Send PM

Hey, thanks for the continued concerns about deadman. Should've updated people sooner, but let me attempt to explain what's happening with development to hopefully quell some of the speculations, rumors, memes etc. Firstly we had to postpone DMM this time around, then a public beta test was announced in the August 8th newsletter. As you've likely noticed, that isn't live yet either.

The reasons for the continued delay are several, none meant to be excuses, but there are external factors and unanticipated storms that come our way sometimes (after 5+ years here, I have seen backlash at the staff at times). Staff are just people after all, most volunteering their time while juggling their real lives, and things are not always communicated perfectly, especially between a new staff that had to be rebuilt after several key staffers left (under what circumstances for each seems to still be up for grabs), causing new staff and myself returning and staff restructuring. There will naturally be a period of necessary adjustment for the new team to gel and communicate properly.

Another reason for delays is simply the daily upkeep required (customer service, dealing with trolls, tedious administrative investigations by cross-referencing things on the server back-end, etc.), and how much time is put into simply maintaining the game. Networking optimizations recently have been looked at after the host switch which is a storm for us, this was compounded by weird unanticipated bugs that usually accompany a host switch or major change, but there were a bunch to sort out.

All this created a perception that clashes with the standard of professionalism expected of RSCR due to our longevity and reputation, so the feedback is heard and well-taken. I understand the frustration and the backlash for sure, but I want everyone to know that DEADMAN MODE IS STILL HAPPENING, in fact we are in overdrive the past few days fixing it and swapping files etc, in a structured and focused form of teamwork... I should say n0m (who works on RSCR all day every day with hardly a day off but no one seems to know that but I'll gladly publicize it simply because it's true) has done a fantastic job and now Kleio has stepped up in a major way to help spearhead the project, with active support and care taken by the rest of the staff; we want to get this to you as quickly as possible!

I hope this post fosters some understanding about what's been going on with us the past couple months. Thanks for being patient and interested.

Feel free to contact me via forum message, Discord, or ingame with any concerns or for help.
RSCRevolution wiki!
Links to tons of guides for RSCR and our custom content!
Rules/Terms of Service

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

all it took was for me to say next summer

yw everyone

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

sellerane Send PM

subscriber

awesome work n0m

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://i.imgur.com/dH0763j.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Xxkilliumxx Send PM

Why the android app will not download or update on my phone???