August 8th newsletter

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

We were thrilled that so many players turned up for our recent double XP weekend and free pk weekend, we hope you had a great time.

The team has been putting in many hours of effort to work on next updates and taking care of our community, we’d like to share what we’ve been busy with and what is in the works at the moment.

New host and server stability

When we decided on postponing the Deadman season, we also decided on changing our host from our previous location to our current one before launching the event. Our intent was and still is to provide a smoother gameplay experience between our playerbase which a higher quality host could make possible. However, the host change was not the cure all we hoped for and most of our time during the last few weeks has been dedicated to investigating and solving new or previously existing issues that have been brought up to us after the host move. A lot of time was dedicated to debugging, profiling and rewriting parts of the server core. We want to be able to make the experience as smooth and problem free for everyone enjoying the game. That is what we aim for to the best of our ability.

Update log of August 1st.
Update log of August 4th.

Deadman mode

Deadman mode is approaching a finished state and we’ll be launching a test run before the full launch. In terms of development, no more significant changes are being made anymore, moderators have access to the development server of DMM and are testing it. We will be launching a public test run of deadman mode with high xp rate sometime next week.

Advertising campaign

When we set the start date for DMM season start, we’ll be starting an advertising campaign that we hope will bring in some much needed fresh blood to RSCPS scene.

Community management and support

We have developed a new Discord bot that helps us track any issues inside the game that players may be experiencing. Now we can see any support requests, players stuck in jail or seeking help directly from our staff Discord server.

New way to PK - Event Queue System

We have started work on a new fun way of playing the game, through a new automated event system! Queue up for event, play the event and get rewards for your time spent on having fun.

We’ll be introducing this system with at least 2 different events, which are Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch. We will be bringing a separate competitive queue system if this first casual version takes off.

This is something that we have been interested in doing for a while, since our mod run and semi-automatic events have been extremely popular. We believe that after this will be fantastic alternative for people who don’t like the current state of Wilderness and want to come PK casually.

We have already made the fundamental base of the system, we will start testing it real soon.

Slayer Updates

We know that few players are already hitting 99 in slayer but we only developed content to level 85. We do have plans for new monsters and new items, but please bear with us as this all takes a massive amount of time and effort from the team. If you have any new item ideas, we would love to hear them!

Many players have asked for a new boss and we hear you! It isn’t going to be easy to top the Reaper, but what about a boss that requires different combat modes to kill? Necromancer style? Does the King Black Dragon need a Queen? Let us know your thoughts on this as well!

We would like to thank all you players for your continued support of RSCRevolution. As we are about to hit our 6 year you can rest assured that we aren’t going anywhere! We will be bringing a separate competitive queue system if this first casual version takes off.

RSCRevolution Team

Player avatar

fritz Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Helpful Send PM

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

smile

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Cool

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

s0ft Send PM

subscriber

+1 to smoother gameplay / less lag delays

Player avatar

Forbiddenone Send PM

Can't wait to see the event system added looks like good steps are being made!
Better advertising and interaction with new and older players is always beneficial.
There is a lot to be gained on many fronts, and RSCR has far from reached its maximum potential.
Keep it going, staff! (and players) big_smile

Last edited by Forbiddenone (11 Aug 2019 15:36)

Player avatar

lucozade Send PM

subscriber

sik dude

Player avatar

Wmega Send PM

Nice work by RSCR Team. I liked see a new way for Thieving, pipocketing Slayer Monsters to get some good itens in high lvl of Slayer.  Slayer Master Level 70+, and Slayer Monsters to this level...  The Slayer Bosses could drop Mercenary armor and wpn, but dont make it very easy to drop, uncommon will full the world of RSCR of Mercenary. Make it Rare to drop. A armor very easy to get is cheap and soon nobody want get it... Include Rune Rocks, Magic Trees and some good spots in Slayer Location, some skillers will up Slayer to reach lvl to enter in this Locations...
Make some use to Firemaking, we need use it  any way... Maybe 1 FM Minigame...  I liked see one Ranged Guild or some good place with dragons to training ranged in non-wildy.
I am fan of RSCR, and this its some my ideas for the server. I hope some them be good!!!

Player avatar

prado Send PM

subscriber

still cant get on lol... need some help with downloading

Player avatar

Tyra Send PM

Wmega said:

Nice work by RSCR Team. I liked see a new way for Thieving, pipocketing Slayer Monsters to get some good itens in high lvl of Slayer.  Slayer Master Level 70+, and Slayer Monsters to this level...  The Slayer Bosses could drop Mercenary armor and wpn, but dont make it very easy to drop, uncommon will full the world of RSCR of Mercenary. Make it Rare to drop. A armor very easy to get is cheap and soon nobody want get it... Include Rune Rocks, Magic Trees and some good spots in Slayer Location, some skillers will up Slayer to reach lvl to enter in this Locations...
Make some use to Firemaking, we need use it  any way... Maybe 1 FM Minigame...  I liked see one Ranged Guild or some good place with dragons to training ranged in non-wildy.
I am fan of RSCR, and this its some my ideas for the server. I hope some them be good!!!

The mercenary is pk armor that was made for the pkers. But i hve noidea if they changed that idea

Player avatar

t0nks Send PM

This looks so promising

Thanks

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Kleio said:

Deadman mode

Deadman mode is approaching a finished state and we’ll be launching a test run before the full launch. In terms of development, no more significant changes are being made anymore, moderators have access to the development server of DMM and are testing it. We will be launching a public test run of deadman mode with high xp rate sometime next week.

So it's been about 12 days since August 8th when this was posted.  Any update on this?

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

mapi Send PM

No money for deadman mode?