Ultimate Pixel Hugging Guide

Player avatar

humans Send PM

A wise man once told me that there are only two types of people in this world - rich edge sitters and peasants.

You must choose your destiny.

It took me many months and thousands of interviews (people with at least 1B net worth) to compile this list of advice/strategies to maximize your pixel hugging experience.

At first I was hesitant to share these insider's secrets, but as best pk in the game, I felt obligated to help others become professional pixel huggers.

1). First off you are going to need at least a Party Hat - nobody respects you if they don't see that tiny crown on your head. You can either merch, pvm, scam, pretend to be a girl, send a check to n0m, or whatever it takes to get that piece of pixel on your head. Remember: success favors people who get sh*t done. Don't be a peasant, get a Party Hat on your head. The darker the hat color the more swag you will have.

2). Next you are going to need to find your own square at edgeville to stand on. This will be your spot for the remainder of your RSCRevolution career. You will not leave this spot under any circumstances, with the exception of free stuff, drop parties, events... basically anything that increases your wealth without any risk of you losing pixel (don't stake or PK). It's best you just never set foot in the wilderness and block your duel requests.

3). Choosing your edge sitting spot: remember this spot defines who you are. Your pixel hugging street cred is on the line. You must embrace this square and make love to it on a daily basis. It is paramount you choose a location that brings a lot of attention. If anyone dares to stand on your square, you must get them off that square at all cost. Choose a location where there is a lot of traffic to showcase your wealth.

4). Once you have solidified your edge sitting location, the next step is continued accumulation of pixel. Your best friends are the auction house and global chat. Purchase the cheapest items you can find and sell them for a price that anyone celebrating Hanukkah would be proud of. ALWAYS settle for less. For example, if someone is offering to sell you an R2h at alch price, bargain to buy below alch price. Perhaps they will take pity on you and give you that R2h for free. This brings me to my next tip: anonymous begging.

5). Anonymous Begging - there are plenty of kind and generous folks in RSCR. You just have to persistently seek them. They'll be more likely to give you free stuff if they think you're a NOOB. This is where strategy comes into play. Make as many new accounts as you can and wear tutorial island stuff. Then on global chat ask people stupid questions like, "Hi i'm new how can I get a weapon or armour to train"? Eventually some sucker will bite and offer you free stuff. Take advantage and cling onto them until you suck them dry, like a vampire who hasn't feasted in weeks. They'll never know your main account is a successful pixel hugging machine. Jokes on them haha!!!

6). Competition - unfortunately, you will not be the only flex offender at Edgeville. There are others like you who seek in-game wealth to fill in their gap of insecurities. These people are possibly the cheapest and most devious people in the game. You should feel proud of being in the same league as them. They are your friends, but also your worst enemies. If they inquire about your ingame wealth, just pretend you're "not that rich" and ask them if they can help you acquire some items. It's not shameful to pretend to be poor and beg, it's humility to know you're rich but want to become richer.

7). Charity - "Should I donate for events to help other people have an enjoyable experience?" The word "Donate" should not even be in your personal vocabulary. In order to have a successful pixel hugging experience, you must mentally block these words from your mind: charity, free, events, donate... unless you are at the receiving end to benefit from it. However, I do encourage you to convince other people to donate for events, and ALWAYS participate in these events. You can use alt account if you don't want people to think you're a greedy edge sitter.

8) Diversity Flexing - Sun Tzu Art of Pixel Hugging #69: "it is of utmost important that people don't think you're a 1-hat-wonder". You must flex other rares occasionally to let them know you have other investments, regardless if you truly have them or not. Occasionally type in chat "buying 100 phats" (obviously you can't afford this much, but people won't know) to inflate your net worth.

9) Merching effectively - ALWAYS MERCH. BUY LOW, SELL SUPER HIGH. Mark the dates on your calendar for special holiday events. They usually host double exp and other lucrative events. You can stock up on consumables like Dragon Bones, Subscription Cards, etc to sell during double exp.

This is not a comprehensive list, but it will help you get started in becoming an RSCR pixel hugger.

I wish you the best and leave you with a quote from one of the wisest and most successful pixel huggers in the game: Mad Zeonk - "No money, No Honey"
Screen-Shot-2020-02-29-at-9-26-53-AM.png

Last edited by humans (29 Feb 2020 15:28)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

how many times were you dropped on your head as a kid

Player avatar

Flying Send PM

subscriber

I used to be just a dirty wilderness scrub..
This is a really good guide.
It got me out of the passenger side of my best friends ride.

Can I has statue of myself at dummies?

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

humans said:

3). Choosing your edge sitting spot: remember this spot defines who you are. Your pixel hugging street cred is on the line. You must embrace this square and make love to it on a daily basis. It is paramount you choose a location that brings a lot of attention. I recommend the area between the Auction House and Edgeville Bank due to high volume of pedestrians. If anyone dares to stand on your square, you must get them off that square at all cost. I don't care what dirty things you have to do, that square is yours and yours alone.

Got this down pat  #Edgevilleking
gjFkaV.jpg

Just realized i need a new one with the rest of my guys...hum..maybe next week when i have time.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

humans Send PM

ReconOne said:

humans said:

3). Choosing your edge sitting spot: remember this spot defines who you are. Your pixel hugging street cred is on the line. You must embrace this square and make love to it on a daily basis. It is paramount you choose a location that brings a lot of attention. I recommend the area between the Auction House and Edgeville Bank due to high volume of pedestrians. If anyone dares to stand on your square, you must get them off that square at all cost. I don't care what dirty things you have to do, that square is yours and yours alone.

Got this down pat  #Edgevilleking
https://snag.gy/gjFkaV.jpg

Just realized i need a new one with the rest of my guys...hum..maybe next week when i have time.

You definitely have a large package down there.

Player avatar

Soulus Send PM

subscriber

I need to max out my pixel hugging lvl. sad

Player avatar

Helpful Send PM

Soulus said:

I need to max out my pixel hugging lvl. sad

Me too! those sets look awesome.

-Helpful

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

I am best bankstander, and I approve this message

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Appson Send PM

lol

IGN(s): Appson & in
Discord: adopt#0209

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Due to sudden rise of new money in the game, this guide will be updated shortly to include more contemporary information beneficial to aspiring pixel huggers and flex offenders.

Player avatar

Wmega Send PM

*Another ways of grow up:
1) Create your main, use sub set to fast level up
2) Gets one Combt skillcape after days playing or Afk
3) Level up some skills that you can get money no help players, maybe WC, and Gletch, high alch Magic Longbows, but be sure it takes a long time.... Cutting trees, fletch bows, teleporting, picking flax, making strings, turning it on longbows, remember buy Natures, and UFFF, high alch all them.
4) You hv some money now, then buy your best stuff to start train slayer, or kill dragons to level up your prayer level, logic, you will need prayer level... If u buy d bones u will spend all your actual money, cause d bones cost minimal 3.5k ea...
5) If you hv a good prayer level, its ideal, you make your own potions, then you will need level up herblaw too... Dnt SIT DOWN YET...go make your potions, some items u cant find on AH, and rarely somebody sell it on game, like: Limpwroots, unicorns, red egg spiders... Go search for it.
6) Make your own tele tabs to easy transport for the maps
7) Oh yes, i almost forget you need food, dnt think you will survive just for prayer pots, go level up your Fishing and Cooking level... But, of course, i m talking about people start playing no selling subs, no stakes...
Instead buy swordies, sharks, cooking your raw fishes.... if u catch a lot, sell some on AH, or below price high alch, cause you dnt hv friends...
8) YEAH, maybe already you have now a good money to make investiment, buying d bonea, rares, trimmed items, and sell them for higher price u bought... But its not sufficient to buy your Fucking Phat yet... But dnt stay stopped on edge, cause you dnt hv nothing to show...
9) Hey, look to my first Dragon Mask" , u finally hv something to ahow stopped on  Edge. But you looking around you, see all that riches people hat-owners, and all that rares stuff, and you feel humiliated for own just a poor dragon mask... Maybe its time to hard work, and stopp sit ur ass on edge... Go try buy ur first Rainbow phat. Before the great drop phat events, was rare see one to sell too... Bought you? Great!!!  Now u looks a clown with that phat. Then u will try trade for one better and serious phat. I can sit down at Edge?! Nooooo!
10) After playing a lot, after months, and many sleeping times on game, you hear somebody saying:
" Skillers dnt play this game, Pkers are fucking all best on game, skillers are shit..." and really you start think about it.  But dnt stop! Go ahead to your objective!!!
11) Finally u got ur only one Fucking Phat, and finally u can show it and sit down ur ass on Edge, show ur rare difficult hard top ultra phat to "what"?
Some minutes you forgot you have many skills to level up on RSCR!!!!

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Actually pretty solid advice, Wmega! big_smile

Player avatar

Wmega Send PM

Player avatar

santi claws Send PM

I approve.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

lol @ original post. hilarious dude! big_smile

Player avatar

ghostlyowns Send PM

after reading this guide and implementing every single one of these methods i now have 5 party hats