Make PK Profitable Again

Player avatar

humans Send PM

So I played a bit of RSCRev today and this is what I observed:

- Registered flex offenders flashing their sexy pixelated hats
- Lvl 3 boxers and 61s stakers
- Castle with the usual successful millionaires high IQers who mysteriously have so much time to make hundreds of alts

Ofc... again pking is dry as usual. The problem is that pking isn't profitable and there should be additional incentives for people to invest their time into pking. I also checked out the the whole wildy interconnected tube system thingymajig where certain people with plenty of time on their hand will continue to take advantage of accumulating resources in those area.

Essentially pking is spread out in different parts of the wilderness and the tube system is just too wide of an area, unlike the previous fort system where people are forced to battle in a crammed area. Valiant effort, but I don't see how this is going to increase pking activity with such a wide area and offering resources to certain teams with too much time on their hand. They will continue to reap resources with hardly any competition. May want to rethink that design.

Onto more important topic-

RSCR is becoming more of a skilling game than PVP, and PK should deserve more attention, primarily focusing on rewarding pkers for their time in the wilderness. For example, pking a damn a2h or r2h isn't going to offset the cost of food and potions into obtaining that loot.

For those who argue that this is going to make skilling less profitable, I think you should consider the big picture and wildy is one of the main aspects of this game. Without active wilderness the game will not flourish.

Here are some of my proposals:

1) Implement a PK Point System to reward players for their activity in PVP.
- Instead of Mad Zeonk, code an actual PK shop in the game where people can exchange their PK points for swordfish, r2h, pots, etc... and don't be stingy, review the costs of pking and make it profitable for pkers to actually spend time in the wilderness. People get random amount of PK points every kill and more points in PK hotspots.
- If people are pkp farming, just ban their asses. Block same IP from getting PK point from the same IP.
2) Design a PK interface where ppl can check their points.
3) Implement a PK Streak system. X amount of kills in a row
4) A command to check how many people are in the wilderness and the number of people at that wildy level range. E.g. ::wilderness - shows 5 people at lvl 10-20, 3 people at lvl 21-30, 8 people at lvl 31-40, so on..
4) Design a PK Tournament System - can be automated every couple hrs or so - or manually started by Staff
- 5 vs 5, 10 vs 10, 15 vs 15, 20 vs 20 -> flats, pures, hybrid, lvl 33 team wars, etc
- Randomization of teams
- Preset Stats
- Gears will be provided
- People will be teleported into the wilderness inside a custom landscape PK arena.
- Reward Pk points as prize
- Most kills/most damage = extra points
- PK ladder system to rank people with best tourny performances.
5) PK highscore system for most kills, best KD, best PK tourney rating, etc. At the end of each month announce the winner and reward them with a special prizes. Make it a competition and people will get involved.

Active pkers shouldn't have to waste their time skilling for PK gear. They should be having the time of their life in the wilderness kicking asses and taking names. Just some ideas I thought of tonight. Must've been really bored.. and maybe bit drunk. Make RSCRevolution an enjoyable experience again.

Last edited by humans (8 Aug 2019 16:34)

Player avatar

Jenny Tools Send PM

i like the idea and sounds like a great start to making pking better, problem is i dont think n0m really listens to any great ideas having to do with pking . seems he rather make easter slippers and pointless eastern wilderness pking which did not help 1 bit to pking. #humansforMod

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

If the staff listened to PKers suggestions the towers would have been removed by day 3.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

mostwantedpk Send PM

Hungry Game said:

If the staff listened to PKers suggestions the towers would have been removed by day 3.

they did listen, and that's why towers STILL exist and are being updated, and adjusted on the fly. you'd know this, however you don't qualify as a pker. you sit at castle on low level mages (oh such l33t skills) or you sit at border on 33's only fighting if others are in the middle of a 1v1. (such brave)

your opinion on pk means so little on this server, that frankly i think staff should do the exact opposite of anything you say. you're not relevant, you've never been relevant and you will never be relevant.

go back to your low level mage and focus on ganking more kills (or if you die clearly accusing all of the REAL pkers of cheating) rip shitter

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Hungry Game said:

mostwantedpk said:

Hungry Game said:

they did listen, and that's why towers STILL exist and are being updated, and adjusted on the fly. you'd know this, however you don't qualify as a pker. you sit at castle on low level mages (oh such l33t skills) or you sit at border on 33's only fighting if others are in the middle of a 1v1. (such brave)

your opinion on pk means so little on this server, that frankly i think staff should do the exact opposite of anything you say. you're not relevant, you've never been relevant and you will never be relevant.

go back to your low level mage and focus on ganking more kills (or if you die clearly accusing all of the REAL pkers of cheating) rip shitter

Nice try noob. I do not have any 30s 40s 50s. I have not once pked on a tankmage. Accusing people of cheating? Who the hell do you think I am? Flyingj or humans or someone from their crew? Im not. My lowest pker is 64. I have a 33 but after seeing its 50% tankmages I saw its fucked and never pked on a 33 again. Seeing the 33s PKing made my eyes bleed I have exactly 1kill on my 33.What a fail thinking you know who I am. Surely if the staff listened they would make fort PK drops go to ground and make fort 2IP limit right? Or add a PK mode? Or add beats idea of gladiator area? Having 3 towers for skillers in the wild to farm more items is a very bad idea. It does not attract PKers. Tunnels are stupid and huge. Probably a future update for skillers to farm some boss or something. Will not attract PKers and chasing after farmers is stupid. We already know they only defend themselves if they got numbers or leave the scene.

Last edited by Hungry Game (9 Jun 2019 08:06)

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Mookieflat Send PM

subscriber

comes back a whole new cycle humans.. if they do what you say and skillers have no point to skill anymore. so skillers quit and pkers run out of resources and quit. its impossible to please everyone. just do a bit of skilling? they already made most of the skills super afk. plus as of this pose sword fishes are only 318 per in ah lol

Player avatar

Mookieflat Send PM

subscriber

and high level pking is still pretty sick. like when i go to the wild on p2p i risk 5-6 mil each run. i think thats pretty sick. f2p content is also ok-ish 30k per rune large drop if opponent isn't skulled is 3 inventories of food. only way pking is not profitable is all the 33s fight.

Player avatar

Jusba Send PM

subscriber

^ Trying to fight hundred alts at castle is not profitable either. Not to mention high level wilderness trap.
Not much motivation to play if you have to skill to make money and then go lose it at wild. Not becoming a fashhist either.

Last edited by Jusba (9 Jun 2019 07:59)

Player avatar

Flying Send PM

subscriber

I don't care what happens to anybody or anything!
I will continue combing the wilderness daily.
I will snipe all you jewbs DEAD!
GOD IS GREAT GOD IS GREAT!
ALLAH AKBAR!

Can I has statue of myself at dummies?

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Hi @n0m if u cant implement everything on the list, could I have at least the multi tournament so I can log in sometimes and destroy noobs fairly without getting jumped at castle by people who have successful careers but miraculously able to find time to play 24/7 training alts and killing wildy. cheers, bro.

Last edited by humans (10 Jun 2019 18:25)