Wilderness Towers

• «
  • 1 (current)

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Please note - we are doing LIVE BETA TESTING.

If you find any bugs, oversights, or errors please report them to staff.
If you have any feedback or suggestions, forward those to staff as well.

New Tower System

There are now 3 "Towers" located in the wilderness
You will red-skull in these areas, just as in old fort. This means, there are no level restrictions on attacking other players who also have a red skull.

Same location as old fort - Level 32-35 - This area is a 1 IP zone F2P
Tower011.png
Members Wilderness - Near Scorpion Pit - Level 50-53 - This area has no IP restrictions P2P
Tower022.png
Eastern Wilderness - Level 18-22 - This area is a 1v1 zone F2P
Tower033.png

In order to capture and hold control of the Towers, at least 1 person from your team must go to the top floor of the Tower you wish to take control of.
Capture time is 60 seconds.
You do NOT have to stand there to remain in control.  If another team tries to take over your tower, you will receive a message.

The basement area of each Tower contains a cave entrance into a training / skilling area.
You can NOT enter the basement area unless you first take control of the Tower.
Note: Due to there being 3 Tower locations, the amount of skilling items and npcs is slightly less than at the old Fort

West Tower - Western Wilderness (old fort location) Forttower.png
North Tower - Members Wilderness P2ptower.png
East Tower - Eastern Wilderness EastTower3.png

* Each Tower gives +30% experience rates to the team in control.
* If your team controls 2 towers, you will receive +60% experience rates.
* If your team is in control of all 3 towers, this means you will receive +90% experience rates.
Note: the increased experience rates are given to only those from your team that are actually in the Tower / Tower Basement

Each tower will have a "Tower Vendor"
* The items you can buy or sell will differ in each location
* The available items will increase with the amount of Towers you control ( Tier 1 for being in control of 1 Tower )
* Your team MUST be in control before you are able to use the Tower Vendor
ShopTiers.png

Each Tower Dungeon will contain a personal bank chest.
* There is an out of combat timer to use the bank. ( 30 seconds )

There is no longer a territory bank!
* This means, you will need to pick up all of your npc drops as well as banking your skilled items.
* Loot will drop to the ground when your inventory is filled, as will all loot from kills drop to the ground.

Exiting the Dungeon

To exit, simple find the Crumbled Rocks and climb them.  Doing this will put you in the center of the ground floor of your tower
8088372e71dd331390d5081ab64f6903.png

Tunnel System
Each dungeon will have a cave entrance leading into an underground tunnel system. You can not enter the dungeons via the tunnels.
cb00afd03c956bf0dcf75e9998c58808.png

Once you find your way through to the center point of the tunnels, you will find an escape and a bank.
d31e18886a592037ce6bb1f2bd9ee953.png

Notice the doors?  AFTER full testing, our plan is to implement a new boss smile

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

umh i guess this is nice? O.o

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

Pessimist says less pk, optimist says bring pk mode and don't let pk-mode chars enter the towers.

Player avatar

chuck noris Send PM

Chuck noris dislikes

Player avatar

nicrnicr17 Send PM

I can appreciate the effort put into this, but I personally do not it like it. It diminishes the value of many items which will soon make them worthless to everyone. Also, the main staple of fort is that it was in one location where you could hold massive battles, not these peace meal battles where you can put multiple accounts and gank people. Another issue is that the inability to have items banked automatically like old fort also allows people capturing the tower to attack you with many items on you and being low food.

And the tunnel system? Is this RSCR's underground railroad?

I like the concept, I really do but I think if anything, that this should be in ADDITION to the already existing fort, not a replacement for it.

-Nicr

Player avatar

nephrostome Send PM

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

Sad to delete comments, if it's bad, it's bad

The goal should always be more pking.

plz.

Last edited by cunnilingus11 (18 May 2019 21:01)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

cunnilingus11 said:

Pessimist says less pk, optimist says bring pk mode and don't let pk-mode chars enter the towers.

why wouldn't they should be let to enter the towers? thats stupid.. just as the idea someone mentioned pk accounts can only attack other pk accounts.. too small community no restrictions just get the pking going shit has been more dead lately than it has been for years

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

Jauroo said:

cunnilingus11 said:

why wouldn't they should be let to enter the towers? thats stupid.. just as the idea someone mentioned pk accounts can only attack other pk accounts.. too small community no restrictions just get the pking going shit has been more dead lately than it has been for years

Yeah i agree, I had thought that players from 'pk mode' would have enjoyed it so much they'd be motivated to make a flats to enter the towers.

However, after playing the towers I'm not even motivated myself to play so I take my comments back.

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

experience rate is comparable to the words: gender equality, climate change and veganismn. it's something im aware of, but having zero interest towards of.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Bigbudz Send PM

subscriber

God spells dont work at p2p deep wild.. it say no restrictions.. lol I gear up and almost died.. should be God spells..

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Bigbudz said:

God spells dont work at p2p deep wild.. it say no restrictions.. lol I gear up and almost died.. should be God spells..

Good mage isn't active anywhere inside the wilderness

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

Pegi said:

experience rate is comparable to the words: gender equality, climate change and veganismn. it's something im aware of, but having zero interest towards of.

smile

Player avatar

Calm Wind Send PM

subscriber

Interesting. So this was the black void i tripped and fell into in deep wild the other week, lel

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

beatdown said:

ok so, the main complaints over fort pking was that the space was generally too enclosed -basically a death trap, particularly if you went in outnumbered.

other complaints included npc bouncing, obstructions, doors, lack of proper catching required and insufficient escape angles, etc.

so, you went ahead and doubled down on all of this, and put the whole darn thing in small towers and dungeons, and actually made it even more of an enclosed space, and subsequently more of a potential death trap, on top of not only keeping the toxic door fuckery, but adding the infamous stair hopping aswell. Straight line corridors, no space for catching or angled escapes, npcs directl

i know i shouldnt be surprised at this point, but jesus guys.. hit the torture break for a second and show some compassion to your loyal patrons for once.. this is too gory even for me.. have some heart

It is a place for skillers to gather more pixels not a place for PKers. Towers are a perfect place to never die unless you really really want to die. PKers really are 2nd class citizens. Every update slowly but surely favors skillers and makes the wilderness more and more Anti-PK. Remember a time when PKing was popping, hotspot was held by PKers and skillers had to pay to use hotspot? And they did because its a HUGE benefit. RIght now skillers are holding hotspot, towers. Not willing to fight if PKers show up, would laugh at the idea of paying for hotspot. And why shouldnt they? Its super easy to take hold of hotspot any time of the day. Its basically a freeroll for benefits without having to PK. You contribute nothing and get the benefits.  Just put on addy, have alts and a nice get away tunnel built by mexican drug lords. And should someone attack you that person is crazy stupid "Im not a pker bro, stop wasting my time"

The tower idea could be used outside of wild. Whoever has gained the most fishing xp in past 2hours gets to control the towers or something lol. But saying towers and PKing is related just because they are both located in the wilderness is not true. Might have been some PKing after the initial update but I dont see that being the case in the future.

I shouldnt complain tho. Looks like a lot of time was spent making the towers. They look good. A perfect update for skillers. Im just stupid to think wilderness should benefit people who want to PK and not the other way around drawing people away from PKing.

Last edited by Hungry Game (21 May 2019 23:17)

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

If you want any action with towers, make it so you DONT have to be in control of the tower to enter the tunnels, this way ''teams'' or group of people can't go down there as a group to fight a team inside unless they're all in the same team or w.e like most of the people aren't and this way people don't get a 1 minute notification to log out. Just like old fort didn't have this shit. Old fort with loot on the ground would be the best but i know thats not going to happen anymore, people asked for fort with loot on the ground, and make the escape routes better, now its literally a death trap lol, theres escape routes inside the tunnels maybe, but it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to realize which way ur opponent is going and to have 1 guy standing above the spawn or w.e the guy comes up from, release my pking mode suggestion and remove this shit and maybe we'll have some hope shits dying like fk and once again all u idiots who think im trying to be negative n shit i just want the server to survive and this def aint the way, i like the idea though, glad its at beta testing stage, but the staff should really consult the ''pkers'' about these kind of updates b4 they go live, server shouldn't be the way the ''staff'' want it to be, but as the players want it to be, but... all up 2 u in the end

Last edited by Jauroo (22 May 2019 00:21)

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

I understand people complained the fort was "too enclosed".... Yet, there were 8 different escape routes... none of which required a door to be opened or anything.  The fort was never used as it should have been... a fort is meant to be defended to the death... not run and log... or scream at staff because a chaos dwarf attacked you when you ran.

The towers will have tweaks and updates in the next few days, we have been taking the constructive feedback from those who have been in them and pkd near or in them.
The most important update being that you can not log out when in the dungeons.  So there will not be that just logging out when someone takes over thing happening.  Skilling in the wilderness, or training combat in the wilderness should come with risks.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Pepsi said:

The fort was never used as it should have been... Winterfell is meant to be defended to the death...

lol

NO

Last edited by Hungry Game (22 May 2019 02:25)

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Jusba Send PM

subscriber

Pepsi said:

I understand people complained the fort was "too enclosed".... Yet, there were 8 different escape routes... none of which required a door to be opened or anything.  The fort was never used as it should have been... a fort is meant to be defended to the death... not run and log... or scream at staff because a chaos dwarf attacked you when you ran.

The towers will have tweaks and updates in the next few days, we have been taking the constructive feedback from those who have been in them and pkd near or in them.
The most important update being that you can not log out when in the dungeons.  So there will not be that just logging out when someone takes over thing happening.  Skilling in the wilderness, or training combat in the wilderness should come with risks.

I think the towers are kinda nice, especially east tower where no teams can get to you so easily. One annoying thing is the slow climbing up and down the ladder. It's a bit too easy to escape just by doing some tricks there (it's quite silly just going up and down up and down). Also I think when you climb up the pile it shouldn't take so long because now even if you attack someone already climbing up, hes going to get away. Should at least be able to cancel it.
Like you said it should be a risk to train in wilderness but it is just too easy to get out. I'm not a fan of parking accounts on the escapes or anywhere.
Could the tunnel entrance be a gate? I admit it's fun to act like you are going through the tunnel, and when your opponent is on the other side you just climb up the pile ;D.
Anyways at least I've had some fair fights for a change at east & west towers, haven't tried north yet.

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

Should be in 1 place and not spread throughout the wilderness /Thread.

• «
  • 1 (current)