Downtime.

Player avatar

trotalong1 Send PM

subscriber

Hi, before I start let me just state I'm usually the last to complain (the irony isn't lost on me). But surely I'm not the only unlucky bastard on the server who has had double xp activated every single time the server has been down, which has been alot lately. I completely understand that maintenance needs to be upkept, bugs removed etc etc. I just feel the timing is off. After the April 22nd downtime we were meant to be compensated with an extra go of devil xp. I have only had 4 clicks of him so haven't received the compensated one? And just as I think "oo boring Saturday, I'll activate my last xp boost and do some smithing" boom, downtime..

Like I say, I understand, but I buy my sub's, I donate, can I get my 6 hours please smile as I've just lost another 4, leaving me with 1 and a half. So out of a possible 24 hours double xp, I've been able to make use of only about half of that, through no fault of my own.
Anyone else been as unlucky as me?

Throw me to the wolves, and I will return leading the pack.

Player avatar

Jusba Send PM

subscriber

Same happened to me twice already. I activated double xp and <5 mins later "system update" big_smile. I still have plenty of double xp left so it doesn't really matter but I can relate to this.

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

I have managed to use 3 of my 5 sessions with no interruption. However, last night the server went down 1 hour in to my 4th 6 hour session.

I had to go to bed, unfortunately missing out on a good 5 hours across 2 characters.

For me, weekend coming to an end and returning to work over the next 36 hours, it’s not just a matter of being reimbursed for that lost 6 hour session but also having the window where these sessions can be redeemed and used extended, in my opinion, for a good 3 days or so. Having to juggle trying to utilise as much of an entire 6 hour window as possible throughout a working week is different in comparison to doing so over a weekend.

As I have said in the past, I have complete faith in Admin that they will recognise the impact of this latest spate of downtime and apply considered and satisfactory compensation so that we can all finish out our 2x XP sessions as was intended and without feeling like we are under too much time duress.

Syn

Last edited by Synesthesic (27 Apr 2019 22:03)

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

-1 replica

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

bring back v1  accounts

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

We have already extended the event, as well as adding in two extra 6 hour sessions of double xp.

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber