Do Not Show Bones Improvement

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

UPDATE: I strongly suggest we change the setting name from "Do not show bones" to "Do not show always drops" or "Exclude always drops" as it's not only applying to just bones anymore.

I know I'm not the only one - I really hate having to try to right-click the loot on the ground after killing Rock Golems because I don't want the rocks as this is not the interesting loot. A way I've gotten around this is just pick up all loot and then once my backpack is full, I run to the side where it's safe to drop all non-interesting loot (specifically the rocks).

This is terribly annoying simply because there's not always enough time to pick the root before the next Rock Golem attacks you. My suggestion is to incorporate this in to the Do not show bones for the Ground Items setting, just like how ashes was recently implemented as a part of that setting. I feel it makes sense because it's an "always" drop just like bones and ashes so I feel it fits right in to that setting with those other items.

I understand Telegrab is a suitable work-around for this but I don't always want to use Law and Air runes because this also takes up viable inventory space as well.

This could also work for the other Golems that this rule doesn't already apply to. Below is a list of other monsters where it makes sense to have this setting:

Mud Golem - Clay
Mith Golem - Bones (setting should already apply to this)
Addy Golem - Bones (setting should already apply to this)
Rock Golem - Rocks (setting should already apply to this)
Rune Golem - Bones
Ice Golem - Water
Lava Golem - Ashes (setting should already apply to this)

Other monster suggestions provided by feedbackers:
Swamp Slime - Swamp Tar (although this does stack, it still should be considered)

What do you guys think? Please reply with a +1 if you support this idea. If it's not a good idea, please explain why so I can try to understand your point of view.

Last edited by Fireice989 (10 Apr 2019 16:39)

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

+1

Druid \\ 89 Iron Pure, Legends Access
Iron Druid \\ New Ironman 06/28/2019 creation date
Han Swolo \\ Mostly grass fed awesomeness
Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

rsaholic Send PM

-1 just use telegrabs to pick up what u want and alchemy spells to clear up room ezpz.

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

rsaholic said:

-1 just use telegrabs to pick up what u want and alchemy spells to clear up room ezpz.

Not everyone uses magic..

Druid \\ 89 Iron Pure, Legends Access
Iron Druid \\ New Ironman 06/28/2019 creation date
Han Swolo \\ Mostly grass fed awesomeness
Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

I understand telegrab is a viable work around but it's a hassle to make space for that too. Sometimes people don't want magic experience. The implementation of this suggestion wouldn't affect your ability to telegrab the items so I don't think giving this a -1 is valid.

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Swamp slime as well please

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

Alright! It's nice to see some feedback! Thanks guys! I hope we get more feedback!

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

E N K O said:

rsaholic said:

So your proposal to save inventory space involves carrying around a variety of runes?

LOL rekt. +1 to the idea. It's a no-brainer to add this imo.

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

+1 for adding rocks. I can see how it can be inconvenient.
No need to add swamp tar from slimes though. It stacks smile You can just pick it up and drop it after the task, or keep it.

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

+1

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

bump

I've updated my post. Please review and provide +1 if you are for the idea.

Player avatar

lucozade Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Call it Do not Show Garanteed Drops

+1

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Do not show Guaranteed Drops

+1

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

Do not show guaranteed drops is good too but I don't think they would go for that because the string of text might be too long to fit in the box field. I figured it would be called do not show always drops because if you look in bestiary drop tables, it says "always" next to the guaranteed drops.