Discord Channel for In-Game Events

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

I tried searching the forums to see if this idea was already proposed before but I couldn't find anything.

Anyways, on with the idea. We currently have a Discord channel for real-time notifications of the market listings which are web-hooked when a new listing is posted (I have some prior experience with Discord).

My suggestion is why don't we have a channel web-hooked for the in-game events? This would include events such as survivals, lotteries, tournaments, etc. So anytime a new event is created, a notification is sent to the Discord channel. So for example, if it's a new survival event, players have 5 minutes to login and join the event from the time it's created or when someone donated. And for every minute of those 5 minutes, an in-game message is displayed in global stating how much time is left before the event starts. These can also be notifications sent to Discord. The notifications should also include pertinent information such as what is being donated, who donated it, etc. A bonus addition to this would be to also add the other uncommon events such as musical chairs, hide n seek, scavenger hunts, etc.

There could even be a second channel for event voting as well. So let's say someone starts a vote for a one ticket lottery, we could get notified for that as well to increase the chance of getting the required amount of votes so the event actually happens.

Participating in the events is a major attraction for me in the game and it's always a bummer missing out on events just because I'm not logged in at the given time the events are happening. I feel this would increase the amount of playtime from players as they have an extra reason to login and play. I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented already. More people would participate in the events as well.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? I feel like it's an excellent idea and doesn't require a lot of config to implement.

Last edited by Fireice989 (15 Jan 2019 18:15)

Player avatar

Mod Wu Send PM

This would really only work for big prize tourneys IMO. As the likes of lottery, survival and regular tournaments happen either at the will or player votes or staff hosting. For things such as big tournaments or events that happen mainly when we receive a donation worthy of a planned event, there's always a forum post written up and the link posted in the RSCR discord channel. However, I see no harm in having an event channel made for such purposes just as an extra notification for players to attend smile

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, although I'm not sure about the voting part.
I feel like a voting channel would only lead to spam and frustration. If enough people would be interested in voting for an event with buy-in or the like, they would simply do so in-game, since that can be done at any time. I don't think having yet another discord channel for voting would change that.
That said, I do like your first idea. Would be interested to read other people's thoughts and opinions.

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

Thanks for the fast feedback guys! The voting idea is nowhere near as important as the event one so I agree with you guys. Having just a channel for the event would definitely satisfy this suggestion.

And of course, people can mute the channel if they wish to not receive event notifications but I feel dozens of players would be in favor of this. Especially for the players who are event hungry all the time. I hope enough people provide their thoughts on this as I'd be on all day just for the events, lol.

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

Revisiting this as we currently have another topic to enhance Survival:

https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=16074

I believe for this to really thrive, we also need a Discord channel for events so more people will login and participate! Need more feedbackers! Come on guys, give this a +1!

Last edited by Fireice989 (9 Apr 2019 21:20)